Slightly new to Tamagotchi's, can you help me figure this all out?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jess32247

Reaction score
Hello! I don't know where to start with my questions as I'm still very surprised Tamagotchi's are still quite popular lol. I haven't heard anything about them for years and all of the sudden there's a bunch new models and versions out that I've missed out on growing up. Just started up my two Tama's about a week ago and I already want to try more out xD

I guess I can start off by asking, what is your favorite Tamagotchi/version? Why is you're favorite and what is it about? I'm looking for different ones to get but I'm overwhelmed about all the differences in them and the "stories" to them.

Where do you buy yours? The ones I'm Amazon are like $40, are they supposed to be so expensive or am I looking in the wrong places? I'm half tempted to get this one just because it's so cheap, but I've heard it's a lot simpler version and a ton more bulky. Does places like Walmart, Target, Toys R Us, ect, even sell them anymore?

And can you help me figure out what versions I have?

I think these are V3's, am I right? And can anyone tell me what the name of the characters are? If they even have names in there teenager strange lol

Is this a V4.5, maybe?

I also gave one to a friend a couple years back since I wasn't using it (trying it get it back now, how mean lol), but it was this one. Is it a V4?

Can anyone tell me what the difference is between the versions I listed? I'm not sure what to expect when I start up the V4 and V4.5 since I haven't played either. I really only played the V3's for a couple years before I got bored but have been really interested again in them lately.

And I hope none of you mind me asking, but what's the age general age group of people on the forum? I got my V3's when they got popular, which was around 2004/2006? It's been a while since I've gotten them, but I'm just wondering if I'm the only 17 year old that will be going to Toys R Us looking for Tama's. lol

Thank you so much for everyone who helps, I'm sure you can tell I know very little about these things despite playing them for a couple years xD

Last edited by a moderator:
Well to start off I could tell you that all of your guesses on which versions those tamas are would be correct.

As for my favorite versions, I really love V2s and V3s. I'm also really loving the Tamagotchi P's which is the latest version in Japan and it's pretty pricey compared to the older ones, but it's also in full color.

Here's a V3 character chart btw, since you were wondering about the characters' names (which are Obotchi and Patopatatchi)

The V4 is pretty much like the V3 except you now can only get certain characters by each gender and your tamagotchi goes to school/work and gets mail but the school/work is pretty much an extra mini game.

The V4.5 is pretty much the same as the V4 but with different characters unique to that version (ura characters) and different games

As for the average ages of people here on the forums, we actually have a pretty wide margin.

There's a lot of people who are around 10 but there's also a good amount of people in high school. There's fewer people who are 18-29 (like myself) but they still make up for a pretty decent portion and there's also even a dozen or so people who are 30 to 40. There really is no "average" age here lol

You're best look has to be eBay. It has offers sometimes. Nope, I don't think general supermarkets/stores are selling them anymore, but if you look around closely in small shops or Toys'R'Us, maybe you can find them.

My favourite is the V4 because as Brit said, it's like the V3 with a few additional features. My favourite Tamagotchi keeps changing from V3 to V4. :p You might want to look around the forum for info on Japanese Tamagotchis as well, such as the P's and iD L.

Haha, no need to worry about being 17 here! There's mixed ages here and probably loads of members around your age! :)

Thank you both so much for the help! I really appreciate it, I feel so lost trying to figure out everything on my own but I think I'm getting the hang of it now. I also ordered a Tamagotchi P from eBay for pretty cheap! Can't wait till it gets here! :) And I think I'm finally going to start up my V4.5 and V5 and give them a try, it feels like everything is going so slow on the two V3's lol! How many do you have on at the same time?

And can anyone tell me the difference between this Tama-Go and this one? Only thing I can tell is the looks, but why is the second one so much more then the first? I didn't even pay that price for a P, it's really confusing :/

I'm very glad I'm the not youngest/oldest one here, always nice to have so many different people hanging out together! :)

The white Tama-Go is a Wave 1 Tama-Go. The pink Tama-Go is wave two. Wave 1 has a faceplate which covers doesn't cover the button and screen, but Wave 2 covers the buttons and the screen. Green, white and blue Tama-Gos are Wave 1, pink, black and purple Tama-Gos are Wave 2. Although, I just stated the differences, I don't actually know why the Wave 1 is costlier than the Wave 2. Personally, I like the Wave 2 Tama-Go much better.

The white Tama-Go is a Wave 1 Tama-Go. The pink Tama-Go is wave two. Wave 1 has a faceplate which covers doesn't cover the button and screen, but Wave 2 covers the buttons and the screen. Green, white and blue Tama-Gos are Wave 1, pink, black and purple Tama-Gos are Wave 2. Although, I just stated the differences, I don't actually know why the Wave 1 is costlier than the Wave 2. Personally, I like the Wave 2 Tama-Go much better.

Wave 1 Tama-Go doesn't have a clear (removeable?) cover, but Wave 2 does? Is that the only difference? What does it add, like game play wise? And if you don't mind me asking, why do you prefer Wave 2? Sorry for all the questions, I'm highly considering buying one or two of them and want to make sure I get it all down before I decide! :)

I think you should also try out some vintages.
Vintages? Please explain, I'm very curious! :)

I also wanted to ask, how big are the P's compared to the older versions, like the v3's? I'm wanting to make a case for it but it looks quite a bit bigger then the ones I have. Does anyone have a comparison picture?

Wave 1 Tama-Go doesn't have a clear (removeable?) cover, but Wave 2 does? Is that the only difference? What does it add, like game play wise? And if you don't mind me asking, why do you prefer Wave 2? Sorry for all the questions, I'm highly considering buying one or two of them and want to make sure I get it all down before I decide! :)
Here's an image to help you out:

16e91496.jpg

The first cover is from the Wave 1 Tama-Go, and the second is from the Wave 2.

They are both removable, just designed differently. I like the Wave 2 better because you can see the screen clearly. With Wave 1, since the cover covers the screen as well, I can't see clearly through the scratches.

Vintages? Please explain, I'm very curious! :)

You can visit Pixelmood for info on Vintage Tamagotchis.

I also wanted to ask, how big are the P's compared to the older versions, like the v3's? I'm wanting to make a case for it but it looks quite a bit bigger then the ones I have. Does anyone have a comparison picture?

'SailorRosette', on 01 Jan 2013 - 04:33, said:

This picture might help. If you have any of the others... Like the Tamago, you can eye the size. The thickness is two connections stacked on each other. Then you might be able to get away with tracing your tamago face/front.

24uz4ti.jpg
S
Source - https://www.tamatalk.com/IB/topic/183918-crochet-covers/

Thank you so much! Everything you posted helped me unbelievably much, I really appreciate it!

I think I'm going to skip the Tama Go's for now, I don't care much for all the changeable pins/add ons you have to get just to get more content. I know you don't have to get them, but I would like to get at least a couple if I bought it, so I'll put it off for now. Maybe one day! :)

Speaking of pins, is that what the P means in Tamagotchi P? I know the little heart on top if removable, presumably to add/get more content?

And one question about my v4 and v4.5, when I connect them together the person visiting turns into Nazotchi(?), is that normal? It's the same character the delivers the mail, if that helps.

Sorry for all the random questions, the more I find out about it the most questions I have :)

I don't think it's "pin"... and they're actually called Tamagotchi P's (pronounced like "peace" or "piece"), not just P. (Japan loves coming up with interesting names)

They have these so-called "Deco Pierce" that act like plugins similar to the Tama-Go but they add more features like items, games, clothes - and most of all, new raisable characters and transformations.

And one question about my v4 and v4.5, when I connect them together the person visiting turns into Nazotchi(?), is that normal? It's the same character the delivers the mail, if that helps.
I may be wrong, but I don't think the v4/v4.5 recognizes the Tamagotchi that is visiting, so it just turns into a default Tamagotchi, Nazotchi.

I don't think it's "pin"... and they're actually called Tamagotchi P's (pronounced like "peace" or "piece"), not just P. (Japan loves coming up with interesting names)

They have these so-called "Deco Pierce" that act like plugins similar to the Tama-Go but they add more features like items, games, clothes - and most of all, new raisable characters and transformations.
Thank you! I read somewhere about them being called pins, but it sounds more like the Deco Pierce's you're talking about. I'll have to look into them some more, but thank you again! :)

I may be wrong, but I don't think the v4/v4.5 recognizes the Tamagotchi that is visiting, so it just turns into a default Tamagotchi, Nazotchi.
Them not recognizing would make sense, am I maybe choosing the wrong option? I think the v4.5 has the option to visit both v4 and v4.5's, it's under the same option while the v4 doesn't have the option to visit a v4.5. I'll play around with the different visiting options tomorrow when they wake up and see if I can figure it out, if not I'll bug you guys some more! :p Thank you both for you're help!

Anyone know why my Tama's aren't recognizing each other? They both caged up to a teen the other day and still aren't visiting each other as themselves. Is it still possible to have them get married and all that stuff? Or will my Tama's eventually go for the default Nazotchi instead of the each other?

And can anyone tell me about the match maker? I don't ever remember using him when I played years ago :/

If your tamagotchis are different versions, they wont be able to connect if thats what are you reffering about if they're different version when connecting them you should press ''Other'' so hey can connect as for the matchmaker, it should appear when your Tamagotchi is age 5 - 7 and gets your tama married.

I'm running a Tamagotchi Music Star, my personal favorite version I just got back to it like a week ago when I found it and I'm 16 turning 17 in June.

If your tamagotchis are different versions, they wont be able to connect if thats what are you reffering about if they're different version when connecting them you should press ''Other'' so hey can connect as for the matchmaker, it should appear when your Tamagotchi is age 5 - 7 and gets your tama married.

I'm running a Tamagotchi Music Star, my personal favorite version I just got back to it like a week ago when I found it and I'm 16 turning 17 in June.
I thought v4 and v4.5's could connect? I have a option on the v4.5 (one with the star, I think) to connect to both v4 and v4.5. The v4 only has the option to connect to other v4's but says nothing for v4.5's. I'll have to try to connect them using the Other option, it's weird because they haven't recognized each other even after they aged up into Mametechi and URA Violetchi. At least I'm getting better with the names ;)

Where did you get your Music Star, Delta Hero? I've been busy ordering off sites, I have a P and v5 on the way and hopefully a Home Deka if I can find a place that sells it xD I would love to find a place that still sells them in the US though, they've seemed to disappear after the v3's ran there course :/

I got the the Music Star from ebay, not sure if they stil sell it in out Toys R Us, I remember when they used to sell it in Walgreens but now they dont.

https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_ss_i_0_15?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=tamagotchi+music+star&sprefix=tamagotchi+musi%2Caps%2C231&rh=i%3Aaps%2Ck%3Atamagotchi+music+star

It seems like Amazon still has a nice selection of Music Stars. Try to get a wave 1 Tamagotchi design rather than a wave 2. https://mamelab.webs.com/tamagotchimusicstar.htm

(The wave 2 designs are prettier, but wave 2 Tamagotchis lose all their Gotchi points when their parents leave.)

Them not recognizing would make sense, am I maybe choosing the wrong option? I think the v4.5 has the option to visit both v4 and v4.5's, it's under the same option while the v4 doesn't have the option to visit a v4.5. I'll play around with the different visiting options tomorrow when they wake up and see if I can figure it out, if not I'll bug you guys some more! :p Thank you both for you're help!
If you have a character on your V4 that you can't get on your V4.5 (or vice versa), then that character will show up as Nazotchi when connecting with the other Tamagotchi. It is the same with the other Tamagotchis when they connect to different versions: they will show up as Nazotchi unless the character is obtainable on the other Tamagotchi.

V4 character chart

V4.5 character chart

So if I connected my Tamagotchi V4.5 (with a character Mimitchi) to my V4 (with a character Sebiretchi), then my V4.5 Mimitchi would show up as Mimitchi to my V4 as well, but my V4 Sebiretchi would show up as Nazotchi on my V4.5, because Sebiretchi is not a raisable character on a V4.5. If that makes sense. :)

There are some Tamagotchis from 96-98 that are "vintage". I think these are the most fun because you don't have to deal with all the extra stuff (school,job,points,bands) so you can focus on the care and create more of a "bond" with your tama. I also like these because their so simple you can run more than one and not feel overwhelmed. Some vintages I find very fun are the simple originals (p1/p2) I also like the ocean or oceangotchi. This tama is THE HARDEST TAMA EVER! But the cute are so worth it. xD My fave vintage tama definitely has to go to the Morino. It is so fun, cute, and cheap! I buy all my tamas (vintage/connection/color) on ebay so I would suggest browsing around on there. Speaking of color tamas I am new to Japanese tamagotchis so I went with the original color tamagotchi and so far I am LOVING it! It's so cute and easy to figure out. I got a great deal on mine and grabbed it for $40 instead of $70-90. If you can get one for a good price, go for it! you wont regret it. And to finish it off, my fave connection tama has to go to the v3. It doesn't have the school/job feature like the v4-v4.5. so It has the feel of the vintages but has more tamas you can achieve and comes with the infra red port. (unlike the vintages). I hope this helps!

I think you should also try out some vintages.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back