Tattoos? :)

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

violetvioletchi

Reaction score
This has been something on my mind for quite a bit!

Do any of you want to get tattoos? What do you want to get?

If not, what is your reasoning? Do you have a positive/negative opinion of tattoos/why?

I have mixed feelings because I'm scared of the pain and I'm a bit of a germophobe and I'd hate to get an infection or something.

I do want to get tattoos though of the following quotes:

"If we do not act, the danger becomes stronger." (Ai Weiwei)

"Remember Sammy Jankis." (Memento)

"What do you know about fear?" (Skyfall)

& a Jellyfish (inspired by Seven Pounds).

:)

I want to get a tattoo so bad. But I can't lol :p I'm only 13 XD

I want any thing on my knuckles and something on my back. Probably a Japanese symbol or something.

I don't think there's anything bad on getting a tattoo. The only thing is that it's permanent. But you can cover that with another tattoo :p

I want one when I grow up but my parents won't let me even though THEY have tattoos. If I was allowed, i would get one of something...

Awwh yeah, I am old enough to get one but my mom really disapproves (she wouldn't have to know...) xD

The main thing stopping me right now is finding a place (because it has to be clean clean clean clean clean!) and the money because I'm trying to save for a car.

I have 6 very small tattoos. I did most of them myself which was kind of dumb lol

My biggest and most recent tattoo is a bee on the front of my shoulder that I got on my 18th birthday.

I'll probably get one or two more someday (I kind of want sailor moon's crescent wand on the back of my leg but not so sure about this one)

But that probably wont happen any time soon.

Hey Brittygotchi! I totally follow your tumblr :lol:

Did they hurt? Especially the one you got done proffessional, assuming the needle goes fast?

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey thanks for following me!

The difference in feeling between homemade and professional tattoos is a completely different experience

The homemade ones take forever to do and hurt a lot at first but then after a while the area starts to sort of numb out and it's fine, but for a few of them I ended up icing the area beforehand which helped a lot.

The professional one felt like a constant sting. I found it difficult to stay still and the guy doing it had to keep telling me to stop moving but it was over fairly quickly since it was pretty small.

I have extremely sensitive skin so it may have felt much more painful to me than it would to anyone else though ;)

Ahhh, I see. I have a pretty low pain tolerance (it's pretty much like, if I slam my finger in a door I'm done for the rest of the day xD) so I'm pretty scared that they'll get started with the tattoo and I won't be able to finish it. :/

I am planning on getting a triforce in black light reactive ink on the back of my hand when I get older but that is about it. I would much rather get piercings than tattoos.

Ooh those inks are awesome! I thought about getting the jellyfish one like that, I just don't know if it would be more expensive that way.

the thing about the blacklight ink is that it doesn't stay that way forever, but your jellyfish idea would be pretty cool!

Oooh I see, I just did some reading on it and it also looks like the inks aren't usually FDA approved D:

I want to get a tattoo that makes it look like the flesh on my arm is ripped away to reveal circuitry and mechanics.

Oooh! Sounds interesting! I'm scared to get a big tattoo like that though. I'm not even sure if I can handle a small one. xD

well most of the time bigger ones get done in multiple trips like one day would be outline and then the next color

Oooh! I don't know if I would have the courage to come back after the first sitting xD I do still really want to get the quotes though...

I certainly hope so! I was hoping to do just like block lettering like the font Impact or something. I know that some tattoo artists charge a flat fee regardless of tattoo size, or a certain amount per hour...would it be bad etiquette to want to get multiple in one sitting? Like if it only takes the artist 25 minutes for one, why not get the second one already...x)

Oooh! Sounds interesting! I'm scared to get a big tattoo like that though. I'm not even sure if I can handle a small one. xD
I have the same problem. It's only in recent years that I've conquered my fear of needles enough to be able to get a blood test or a flu shot. I'm not sure I'm ready for a tattoo of that size. Price is another obstacle, Most large tattoos cost a couple hundred dollars at least and I don't have that kind of money.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back