V4.5 Button lag

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

DeltaHero

Reaction score
Hey there again, So today I just found my old Tamagotchi V4.5 and it works.. except that the buttons are laggy (Dosen't respond in time)

Is there like a way or a trick to get them back to work and respond in time?

I've always found my v4 and v4.5 are laggy. Sometimes I feel like I'm breaking the buttons with how much force I'm applying. If you feel comfortable with doing so, you can make sure your sensors under the buttons are clean (it's not uncommon for dust to accumulate in those tiny nooks) and/or replace the buttons themselves. It can be a tedious process if you are unsure and can really do damage if you are too reckless with cleaning/reassembly.

If you want, I'll link a guide. You will, for sure, need rubbing alcohol, q-tips, varying screwdrivers, and maybe a small plate/tray to keep all the screws and parts. Use caution when taking it apart as you can easliy damage/disconnect the sound wires.

I never tried taking the tama apart, maybe I could try it tomorrow.

I woulde appreciate if you link me to the guide. :)

Have you made sure that it's not the battery itself? Try cleaning the battery contacts. What I do is dab a bit of rubbing alcohol on a q-tip, and then gentle clean the connectors.

If you are curious to what the process to clean out the actual buttons, try reading this guide over here. This page will give you a general gist of the process to open up a Tamagotchi. It's a rather straight forward process; just remember to keep your screws organized and not to fiddle with anything except for the buttons.

If you are feeling competent, you can attempt to try it yourself. There is always risk - be sure you are wary of the wires attached to the motherboard. If those become detached, you will have to resolder them back on. Behind the buttons you will see some contacts directly on the motherboard, which you can clean with rubbing alcohol and a q-tip. Just make sure you use a modest amount, and dab it straight on the q-tip as opposed to the board itself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back