Tamagotchi P's: Passing the "Surprise Test"

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ichiro.malfoy

Reaction score
Hello P's owners!

I think most of you have noticed that while your characters are in school, sometimes while you watch their animations the teacher suddenly announces a surprise test... and most of the time your characters often fail.

Now the question is - how do you pass the test? I've found the answer on the second guide book but was never been able to prove it until earlier today when my 17-year old Mametchi passed his Robotics class.

The answer - fill up your personality points!

Remember how the P's have five different personalities? These are the Smart, Fashionable, Charisma, Athletic and Gourmet. You will notice as well that there are five different classes, each cater to their personality trait.

Robotics class - Smart

Cooking class - Gourmet

PE class - Athletic

Pet Grooming class - Fashionable

Sing/Dance class - Charisma

How to fill up your personality points?

Repeatedly use an item that will give their respective personality trait (quick hint - the cleaning materials all give Athletic points).

Although there was no specific amount of points mentioned, I can vouch that the guidebook is true since I have always let Mametchi play with the Secret Notebook download item which gives off Smart points ever since he hatched.

Here's a quick list of items you can grab for that personality boost!
(The Japanese reading is included for your visual reference)

Restaurant (レストラン)

Space Food (うちゅうしょく) (+smart)

Collagen Soup (コラーゲンスープ) (+fashionable)
Cuisine (かいせいきりょうり) (+charisma)
Luxury Curry (ぜいたくカレー) (+gourmet)
Ramen (ガッツリラメン) (+athletic)

Music Cafe (♪カフェ♪)
Rosehip Tea (ローズヒップティー) (+fashionable)
Dream Pudding (ドリームプリン) (+charisma)
Mill Crepe (ミルクレープ) (+gourmet)
Health Drink (えいよう♥ドリンク) (+athletic)

Tama Depa (たまデパ)

Personal computer (パソコン) (+smart)
Sewing machine (ミシン) (+fashionable)
Clapperboard (カチンコ) (+charisma)
Cookbook (りょうりほん) (+gourmet)
ubber ball (ゴムボール) (+athletic)

Tamamori Shop (たまもりショップ)
Silk hat (シルクハット) (+smart)
Frill ribbon (フリルリボン) (+fashionable)
Jewel Crown (ジュエルクラウン) (+charisma)
Chef Hat (コックぼうし) (+gourmet)
Helmet (ヘルメット) (+athletic)

What happens when your character passes the surprise test?

It gives a big boost to your Happy Meter! :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you for this insightful bit of new information, ichiro.malfoy! I too had often been puzzled with constant failure in the face of the surprise tests. This makes perfect sense. :)

Ra,

Very neat. Thank you!! :) I had no clue what it was. Makes perfect sense now that you say it, though.. lol.

Thanks for sharing. My Kiramotchi passed all class at the age of 7 - 9. However I didn't post it on TZ along with the information because of lack of spare time I had. After time passed I just let it aside.

There are also 3 levels in three class (Robotics class, Cooking class, PE class). Each class has easy, medium and hard. For example, easy in cooking class is a cupcake, medium is curry (same curry from connection games), and hard is a huge cake. A lot of people don't get even pass easy from what I have seen. You have to give them personality points up to 60 - 70 in one category to pass I think from what I remember (The higher the better!). She passed all levels BUT two in the Robot class. Her poorest was intelligence. I took a lot of photos of her passing many tests. Would you like me to post them?

I could try and repeat what I did with her to show everyone (Getting Crepetchi tonight owo) if you like. Personality points sometimes aren't everything I think. Sometimes age helps. Even if you stuff them with personality points so soon. They don't pass.

EDIT: Forgot to mention. Entertainment class and Pet Grooming class have only one test each.

Last edited by a moderator:
Update - I don't think age has something to do with passing... just as the guide book says - it's all about personality points.

My 49-year old Mametchi has yet to pass his singing and cooking classes. Looks like I'll still need to spam the clapperboard and the cookbook item.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back