Quick Guide to Fix Your Tamagotchi. Tamagotchi FAQs

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

nyle9009

Reaction score
I CANNOT BE HELD RESPONSIBLE FOR ANYTHING YOU DO TO YOUR TAMAGOTCHI
Just a quick FAQ for Tamagotchi users to find an answer before they post or have to look through the forums.​

My Tamagotchi is glitchy and weird things are happening!
Try resetting your Tamagotchi. If that doesn't work take out the battery and leave it out for a while. Put it back in after a few minutes and if it still isn't back to normal try a Rom test. Be aware that the rom test deletes your current character and data!

How do I do a Rom test?

"The person holds down A, B and C and then presses the reset button. The screen will go black. The person presses A and half the pixels will be black, the person presses B and the other half will be black. The person presses C and it will say ROM testing, the person will wait and it will say ROM OK. It will then go to the connect screen"- https://tamagotchi.wikia.com/wiki/ROM_Testing
Be aware that the rom test deletes your current character and data!

My tamagotchi's screws are stripped!

First make sure the screws are the exact size. Even if it is a little smaller it will strip the screws even more. The best screw drivers for the job are JIS Screwdrivers. Try scretching a thin rubber band over the screw and the using the screw driver with the rubber band between it and the screw. If that doesn't work and if you have give up try taking it to a jeweler to see if they can fix it. A lot of times they can.

My tamagotchi's buttons are unresponsive!

First take apart your tamagotchi. Be very careful that you do not severe any wires especially the sound wires. They are very easy to accidentally knock off. When you take it apart go to the part where the button contacts (the part on the bottom of the buttons that touches the circuit board) are and take a q-tip and put some rubbing alcohol on it and gentally rub them. Be very careful putting your tamagotchi back together.

Some of the pixels are faded and or gone!

This may be because you dropped your tamagotchi. Or this might be because the screws are lose. If the screws are lose or if you recently took it apart take of the back casing and screw the screws tighter. If you dropped it it maybe permanently damaged.

My batteries dont last very long even though they are new!

This is known as the battery draining glitch. First try different brands of batteries and or leave the batteries out for a day or two and try again. If nothing you do works your tamagotchi maybe broken.

How do I debug my Tamagotchi?!

You can find the instructions with pictures here: https://www.tamatalk.com/pixelmood/tamagotchi_connection_debugging.htm. Do this are your own risk.

Is there anyway to un-debug my Tamagotchi?!

First try rubbing the dbug contact with an eraser but be careful (Do at own risk). If that doesn't work try putting a little rubbing alchol on a q-tip and rubbing the debug contact.

Where is the growth chart for *INSERT TAMAGOTCHI HERE* ?

Tama-zone has it covered: https://tama-zone.com/index.php?s=59b91bb9d2e50c456ee414453aa4d098&showforum=46

My Tamagotchi stopped aging/is not aging correctly!

This could have happened for a number of reasons. Like maybe you had it on pause or for some other reason it just got messed up. This will not affect your Tamagotchi's growth but if it is bothering you it can be simply fixed by resetting your Tamagotchi.

My egg has not hatched/ my Tamagotchi is frozen/ any other strange problem.

These sometimes happen and you can just reset it. That is the best to do in any case where there is something wrong with your Tamagotchi is to just reset it (Reset knowing that your Tamagotchi and data will be deleted).

The battery leaked/ the battery contacts are dirty and aren't working.

Try taking a q-tip and put a little rubbing alcohol on it. Take it and gently rub the battery contacts until it looks clean. If this doesn't work your Tamagotchi may be broken.

My Tamagotchi died! How to I get a new egg?
Press A and C together on the screen with the angel.

How do I change the time from military to standard or vice-versa?

Go to the clock screen and press the A button.

How do I change the clock time/date?

Go to the clock screen and press A and C and then change time/date accordingly.

How do I pause my tamagotchi?

Some older models you can't but on most you press A and C on the main screen with your Tamagotchi. To pause on the v5 go to the T.V. icon and go to vacation. This will act like a pause feature for your Tamagotchi.

How do I make my Tamagotchi's battery last longer?

Try keeping the sound off. Also when your Tamagotchi is asleep go to the clock page. It uses less pixels and saves more energy.

My tama is still awake but it shouldn't be/my tama is asleep when it shouldn't be! Is it glitched?!

Probably not. Most likely, the time was not set right because of AM/PM getting mixed up or if you "downloaded" an old pet. Just go to your clock screen by pressing C then holding A and B. With the numbers flashing, reset the time to what it needs to be. If the time is NOT incorrect, you need to look for the sleep/wake times of your particular characters for your version. Also, almost ALL baby tamas will take a nap during their first hour of life.

My tama is too dark/light on the screen! How can I fix this?!

Depending on your version, you CAN adjust your contrast for your screen. Hold B and C with no menu items lit and a screen with "Contrast" should pop up. Adjust it by using A and B until you are satisfied. Press C to confirm/cancel. Keep in mind, early tamas do not have this feature but it will not hurt to try it

These are just answers to the questions I see frequently asked here. If I see any more I will add them. Special thanks to Jzwolf530 for contributing!

Last edited by a moderator:
Can I add something?

My tama is still awake but it shouldn't be/my tama is asleep when it shouldn't be! Is it glitched?!

Probably not. Most likely, the time was not set right because of AM/PM getting mixed up or if you "downloaded" an old pet. Just go to your clock screen by pressing C then holding A and B. With the numbers flashing, reset the time to what it needs to be. If the time is NOT incorrect, you need to look for the sleep/wake times of your particular characters for your version. Also, almost ALL baby tamas will take a nap during their first hour of life.

My tama is too dark/light on the screen! How can I fix this?!

Depending on your version, you CAN adjust your contrast for your screen. Hold B and C with no menu items lit and a screen with "Contrast" should pop up. Adjust it by using A and B until you are satisfied. Press C to confirm/cancel. Keep in mind, early tamas do not have this feature but it will not hurt to try it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back