Keitai Akai Screen?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

WiiYoShi14

Reaction score
Some of you may have seen me talking about getting my new Tamagotchi Keitai Akai in my status update. Well I have a question. I have seen many people saying that the red pixels are super hard to see. Well that is bad news because I wanted to log it. But if I took the Keitai Akai standard screen, and replaced it with a regular Tamagotchi LCD screen, would the pixels become black?

Btw, I haven't received the Tama yet.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think they will become black indeed because the pixelcolor is already in the screen itself.

But maybe you can try to put fresh batteries in first, maybe it won't be so bad!

I think they will become black indeed because the pixelcolor is already in the screen itself.

But maybe you can try to put fresh batteries in first, maybe it won't be so bad!

----

EDIT: Sorry, accidentally post this 2 times :|

Last edited by a moderator:
I remember several years ago there was a similar discussion going on with the Uratama's blue pixels. However, with that one, changing screens didn't change the fact of the tama displaying blue pixels. So I doubt it will do that for the Akai either. I believe it has less to do with the screen and more to do with the programming.

Ra,

I remember several years ago there was a similar discussion going on with the Uratama's blue pixels. However, with that one, changing screens didn't change the fact of the tama displaying blue pixels. So I doubt it will do that for the Akai either. I believe it has less to do with the screen and more to do with the programming.

Ra,
Thank you, Ra!

Well that's ok. I can live with that. It may end up being for collection purposes!

Ra,
That's interesting! I really thought pixels could just turn on and off on such a screen and that it depends on the pixels in the screen which color they will be.

Ah well, yet another thing I learned today. ^_^

Although I really wonder if it could be modified in some other way?

I am going to add just a pinch to this.

The background image, you can take the cardboard/paper out and make it be a different color. Like a light blue may effect the pixels to display more purple or darker. I have done it with a music star and haven't done it to my akai, but I figure it would do about the same. Except change the pixel tone or color slightly. It may take a few pieces of paper to find a shade you like or easier to see.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back