What happened to my Tamagotchi? Please help!

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Icetama4525

Reaction score
I fed it well, gave it snacks, and played with it a lot, but how come my tamagotchi is still a bad character? The parents were good, but then the next time, it was one of the worse characters! What happened to it?

Perhaps provide a little more information if you want help. What version are you playing? What character did you end up with? Are you using any growth chart to figure out which adult you might end up with?

It's a little difficult to try and help you w/o knowing which version you're specifically referring to, however generally speaking, bad care characters are ordinarily achieved through lack of trainining or care misses. Usually 3 or more care misses will get you a bad care character.

Ra,

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi, Icetama4525;

Like pretty much everyone else has said before, generally "bad characters" are caused by a lack of proper care and whatnot. It would indeed help to have a version number, but I have a few general tips that you could try to get that good character you're after:

-How often do you feed you Tamagotchi? Having dealt with pretty much every version except V2 and V5.5, I can safely say that feeding is a huge factor in your Tamagotchi's adult outcome. If you don't feed it much or in a timely manner, chances are it'll go "bad." Likewise, don't feed it too much. (I've gotten many a Kuchipatchi doing this, but I suppose it's kinda debatable if he's really a "bad character," since he's a pretty popular Tamagotchi.)

-Play with your Tamagotchi a good amount. Don't ignore its happiness meter, and try not to use snacks whenever possible. (Again, this can cause a Tamagotchi character to go bad. In some versions- the Gameboy Tamagotchi and older toy Tamagotchi versions are especially prone, I tend to find- snacks can sicken and even directly kill your Tamagotchi! I'll admit that I've done this, and chances are you've possibly done it too at one point to save time.) It's not that hard to play with your Tamagotchi to raise its happiness. After all, you bought it to play with it, right? Also, notably, on most versions, playing tends to reduce weight, which can, again, influence your Tamagotchi. The optimal weight range your Tamagotchi should fall in tends to be generic, as weight usually shifts with Tamagotchi evolution, but can matter especially on newer Tama models.

-Check on your Tamagotchi often. It's crazy, but it really doesn't take long for your Tamagotchi to randomly get sick, get depleted stats or whatnot, and the longer it's sick, the worse off it'll be. I've done this several times, and it's surprisingly easy to do.

These are usually the general steps I follow when raising a Tamagotchi, or even any virtual pet for that matter. So yes, Tamagotchi are relatively easy to care for, but to master a good character requires just a bit more effort. Chances are, you've either neglected or taken too much care to follow one or more of these steps. And don't worry- you're not a bad owner just because of this. It's very common. Tamagotchis are about balance, just like pets in real life. Also, don't forget, every stage in a Tamagotchi's development is important. Don't care for your Babytchi around the clock and simply leave it for too long the minute it turns into a Tamatchi or whatnot. How you treat it, stage by stage, directly influences the outcome.

Also, be sure to check out the version number on your Tamagotchi, especially things related to care and character charts. You might get a bit more specific information.

~nicki9 :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, I once gave my V1 best care and got Tarakotchi.. with some older versions, the evolution seems to be random. :/

Yeah, Despite never letting the hearts drop past one on my V1s I never really got any best care characters. The evolution does seem to be somewhat random, at least on that one.

Remember to look at growth charts in order to get your favourite characters, please give more information such as the version of the Tamagotchi. It will really help us.

P.S: Try looking around the forums for guides and growth charts, they will really help you. ;)

Well, I once gave my V1 best care and got Tarakotchi.. with some older versions, the evolution seems to be random. :/
Yeah, Despite never letting the hearts drop past one on my V1s I never really got any best care characters. The evolution does seem to be somewhat random, at least on that one.
I found that training is ever so important on a V1. Make sure you praise when you see its back turned to you, and give it a time-out when it calls you for no reason. I believe you only have 10 minutes to do so when it does call.

Certain characters are obtained depending if you let the happy hearts or hungry hearts drop more often. I believe Tarakotchi is obtained by letting happy hearts drop more often than hunger hearts, and Hanatchi/Robotchi is obtained by letting hunger hearts drop, but not happy hearts.

I fed it well, gave it snacks, and played with it a lot, but how come my tamagotchi is still a bad character? The parents were good, but then the next time, it was one of the worse characters! What happened to it?
Like a few members have said before, have you trained it? That has a huge influence.

Having said that, what do you consider a "bad character"? I know traditionally, characters further down on the chart are considers to be "worse", but having said that, it's not always the case.

For example: for the Tamagotchi Ocean, Kujiratchi and Ashigyotchi aren't necessarily obtained by strict bad care. To get the whale, the Ocean's weight must be 99 g, and Ashigyotchi is obtained through poor water quality.

I don't know if you have a vintage Tamagotchi, but I think it's important to consider that not every character is necessarily bad!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back