Tips on opening tama packaging?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Brittygotchi

Reaction score
When I first started up my collection I never kept any of my packaging, but after seeing how easy it was to keep the packaging of some Japanese tamas in use and in good shape, I started keeping the packaging for them.

Now I want to start keeping the packaging for all of my tamas but I wonder how you guys keep blister packs and what-not in such good shape while still being able to take the tama out and put it back in.

I'm also getting a NIP UraTama so I'd also like to know the best way to open that one too because from what I've seen you have to rip the back open and I was wondering if there is a better way of doing that

Scissors are a must for blister packs. Without scissors you can cut yourself good on that jagged plastic. I know from experience.

For some packages that have that rigid clamshell packaging, I personally use a can opener!

I know that it sounds crazy, but it actually works like a charm. Cutting open packages are also very even ;)

For the plastic packaging, I use a pocket knife and cut very carefully along either a side seam or bottom seam, and just enough so I can sneak my fingers in to slide things out.

How do you open a Music Star without the box getting damaged?! :huh:

I cut the bottom of my music stars packing. I cut along the pinch on the back bottom then reach in or pinch the sides enough to let the tamagotchi slide out.

But be careful with those kind of packages! I cut myself really badly when I opened my 4.5. The plastic has REALLY sharp edges if you just cut it up. Best to wear thick gloves or something. :p

Uh thanks for the tips but as I said in the first post I want to know how to open them and keep the packaging in good shape...

I'll probably try that, SailorRosette! Thanks :p

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back