4-in-1 Dinkie Pet Help

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Midorime

Reaction score
So I managed to snag a rare 4-in-1 Dinkie Pet in green and I adore it. However I noticed running it side by side with a Dinkie Dino, that the programming is pretty different. It has more to it, such as an alarm clock, and while yes you can raise all 4 characters, they don't grow all at once--only the one you have out on the screen and the others remain 'frozen' until you get to them. They're also more musical than the regular Dinkies, which is kinda nice. However they go to bed much later at night than regular Dinkies.

However one thing I have noticed is the game... remember the rock, paper, scissors game? I cannot win it. Every single time, I only get 2 out of 5. And I've done many tests and it seems the game is programmed for you to lose. I've started feeding my puppy ice cream just to keep it's mood up as I have no other way to get it happy.

My question is: is the game really programmed so you always lose? Does anyone else have a 4-in-1 Dinkie and can confirm this?

How very odd. I wonder why mine keeps losing then. Seems no matter what I do, I cannot win the game--I even played it 20 minutes straight and never won a single game.

Also I noticed your 4-in-1 has red buttons with a red shell--could someone have opened it at some point? I see a red one for sale on Ebay now, but it has yellow buttons. They had a spare green one, which they sold to me instead.

I have a red one which I logged a few years back. Mine seems fine with the games, as I'm able to win enough times to keep it happy.

Ra,
Today I learned that Ra has a bit of a dog phobia. Also, I'm very VERY jealous of both of you for having those beautiful dinkie 4-in-1s :) I probably would have bought the one you got Mido (is it ok to call you that for short) if I didn't have this small leech...er uh...I mean my son LOL! I kid...he's worth every cent :) I love him to death.

Mido is fine, yes. :)

There's still a 4-in-1 on Ebay right now. I know it's pricey, but I figured I'd pounce on such a super rare find, and was ecstatic to find the seller owned and thought about selling their green one as well. Very happy seeing as green is my favorite color. :)

Dawwww, reminds me of reading up somewhere a mother called their child "Nugget" while in the womb because they didn't know what it was yet. :p

Today I learned that Ra has a bit of a dog phobia.
Quite so lol. Though I've gotten better over the years, some breeds still manage to make me uneasy.

Midorime, mine has red buttons b/c I swapped the yellow ones out. As it sometimes happens with certain Dinkie type pets, the buttons become unresponsive with age. The yellow ones were unfortunately so, thus I swapped them out for red ones which work just fine.

Ra,

Last edited by a moderator:
Ah okay, that makes a lot of sense. :)

Now if only my pet would let me make it happy via the game. >_<

Oh good then it's not just me. i tend to just spam feed it ice cream now to keep it happy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back