Need Help removing screws from 1997 tamagotchi

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

raidermegaman

Reaction score
I am trying to replace the battery in a gold 1997 tamagotchi. I can not get the screws to turn at all. I did try WD40. Anyone have any luck getting out the screws or know where to buy a Japanese screw driver?

I had trouble with one of my P2's not too long ago. I just brought it to a jeweler and asked if they could help me out. The lady there said they usually charge for that sort of thing but did it for free anyway, and she popped the screws right out

Also, don't use WD40 with it. It might leak into the screen and ruin the background. It will also make it easier for the screwdriver to slip out and strip the screw even more.

Taking it to a jeweler or getting a high quality mini screwdriver will do the trick.

A JIS #0 should do the trick. I had the same problem recently, I only had a normal screwdriver at home and after I scratched the backside of my P2 (sigh) I just went and ordered one from amazon for 7 bucks. Good investment.

I had this exact problem with my P2 which arrived yesterday! Take it to a watchmenders, He only charged me £2 to open it when I couldn't open it even with my super serious screwdriver set.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back