Scratch or normal?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Arika122

Reaction score
I recently got my IDL and I love it to bits, but one thing that bugs me is a line on the top of the 2nd button. Is it normal?

My ID L has that too, noticed it the day after I got it..... What colour is yours? Mine is the blue one

Huh.... Maybe it's something from the factory? I thought mine might have gotten scratched by me.... Odd maybe other people have the same thing?

ok I see what your talking about now FW...and I checked all of my tamagochi id l's and NON have them so im not sure hunni?

I never noticed anything like that on my blue iD L-E (and too lazy to check now XD) but I do know that I saw a line a lot like that near the top of my P's when I first got it. idk???

I saw it when it was in the box, so I'm guessing there was something happening during the factory process.

i have one on top of the second button too. did the little plastic cover come with a tab on the side on all of yours? i watched some past unboxing videos a a lot didnt have those..

do you mean the hard-to-see line on top of the second button on the photo? because in that case, I don't tihnk you have to worry, I have it to, it's on the left of my ID L and i think it goes a littlbe bit diagonal. so I don't think something happened in the factory or something :)

Yeah, it could be that it's on every iD L but you probably only see it when it's in the right angle (like you said) and enough light in the room so maybe not everybody noticed it.

I don't have my iD L yet but I know that my Morino has a tiny spot of paint on a place where it's not supposed to be. At first it was bugging me but there's really nothing you can do about it so I accepted it.

Besides; my boyfriend once said to me that scratches and such "imperfections" accually make an item unique. That made me feel much better after I accidentally scratched the ring he gave to me. :rolleyes:

----------

EDIT: corrected a typo

Last edited by a moderator:
My guess is that the line was made during the ID L's creation when the cover plate of the Tama was molded, so technically, it might not be a scratch. I wouldn't consider the line a defect or imperfection; it's just part of the product making process.

Sometimes the factory molds for plastic items affect the end products. It's possible that the mold for the ID L model consists of two pieces and that white line indicates where the two pieces meet in the middle. It's probably more noticable on the ID L models because of the somewhat transparent plastic that's used for the plates. It can be more difficult to notice details like that with a solid plastic (which many Tamas are made of).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back