Stripped screws D:

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

nightspiritwings

Reaction score
I got this vpet in the mail the seller said they were all working. Well guess what?

This one doesn't work because I can't get batteries into it. The screws are so stripped the head of the screws are practically hollowed out circles

So i'm wondering is there anyway at all to get this open? Get those screws out?

Someone mentioned drilling it out....but how would I do that? How do I know which drill bit to get?

I would avoid using a drill, it could mess up the plastic around the screw, and/or just mess up the screw even further. You could take it to a jeweler, or someone with similar specialty equipment, but I have personally never had much success with removing stripped screws, especially ones that are in such bad shape as you described.

So took it to a watch repair/maker/seller guy today

he couldn't get them out, but he was using just various screwdrivers to try to get them out.

So my last option is the drill one

I'm going to go to a store to pick up a drill bit and screw extractor kit

but anyone have any expertise in this process?

I'm hoping maybe someone at the hardware store could do it for me if they have that stuff laying around lol but if not I have to do it myself...and I have to try to figure out what drill bit to get

the screws are a tiny bit smaller than vintage tamagotchi screws

For anyone wondering you can drill out screws without damaging the actual pet/shell. You just need a drill that goes in reverse and the properly sized bit for it. My husband has done it for me several times and never once damaged the actual pet or shell.

Reactions: Box
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back