What's your favourite book?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
The title says it all really; what's your favourite book and why? Mine is The Tulip Touch by Anne Fine (I think) because it's about what would really happen, not having a happy ending. It's the first children's book I've come across that's about reality and the way the world actually is rather than the way it should be.

Harry Potter Order of the Pheonix

too bad one of my favorite character dies hahaha

My favorite book series is definitely Warriors! It's the only series I really care about. My favorite book from it is...hard to say...probably Firestar's Quest.

As for my favorite stand-alone book? Tailchaser's Song!

about reality and the way the world actually is rather than the way it should be.
**Searches for book. Reads plot on Wikipedia.**

Wikipedia:

"Ultimately this novel paints a vivid picture of abuse"

"a victim of abuse who will likely remain trapped in a world of violence, criminal behavior and misery"

"world of abused becoming abuser."

Umm...what? Abuse? Misery? Violence? In reality, not everything is like that. There are lots of people who never experience stuff like that, and are optimistic and happy. And then there are those who go through bad stuff like that and end up thinking everything is miserable. You can not say that is what would really happen; it's just a story. "Not having a happy ending", while that sometimes happens in real life, it is really just pessimistic and unhopeful. >_>

Back on topic, my favorite book I guess is War of the Worlds. That is sort of sometimes dark and violent, and the main characters go through bad stuff (aliens attack), but in the end Earth's bacteria stop the aliens, the main characters survive and are reunited, and it has a happy hopeful ending. :)

My two favorite books are The Stolen Child by Keith Donohue and The Virgin Suicides by Jeffrey Eugenides.

Others on the list include The Lord of the Rings by J.R.R. Tolkien, Veronica by Nicholas Christopher and Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen.

My favorite series is Harry Potter forever!

I have a few favorite books, I just can't choose!

The Hobbit

Angel

The Mark Of Athena

Catching Fire

other books I love.... Jane Eyre, a scarlet letter, I love reading shakespeare's plays. I love reading the older Stephan King books (His newer books are rushed and lack quality) and ummm Wuthering heights, the infernal devices is an amazing book series, also the immortal instruments! (they better not ruin the movie) The hunger games books are really good, (still dont get the harry potter and twilight merge everyone said it was...they weren't romance based nor are they really anything close to harry potter) and the Divergent/ insurgent books... too many to count! I love reading I even read the original literatures on some of the Disney movies! ( I love my kobo)

My favorite book(s) are the Chronicles of Narnia collection, specifically The Horse and His Boy.

I just think they're really well written and I like the themes that the book explores.

Definitely The Fault in Our Stars...

Maybe Thirteen Reasons Why, too.

Or maybe the Fallen series.

I don't know. Too many to choose.

My favorite of all time is probably The Great Gatsby.

I really enjoyed all of Ellen Hopkins' books, The Catching Fire trilogy, Looking for Alaska, and The Fault in Our Stars, though.

Last edited by a moderator:
"Mists of Avalon" by Marion Zimmer Bradley.

It is a 1983 novel by Marion Zimmer Bradley, in which she relates the Arthurian legends from the perspective of the female characters. The book follows the trajectory of Morgaine (often called Morgan le Fay in other works), a priestess fighting to save her matriarchal Celtic culture in a country where patriarchal Christianity threatens to destroy the pagan way of life. In stark contrast to most other retellings of the Arthurian tales, which consistently cast Morgan le Fay as a distant, one-dimensional evil sorceress, with little or no explanation given for her antagonism to the Round Table, Morgaine is presented as a woman with unique gifts and responsibilities at a time of enormous political and spiritual upheaval who is called upon to defend her indigenous matriarchal heritage against impossible odds.

There was also a TV miniseries made:

youtube.com/watch?v=5FOAz76Iiwk

Ra,

Last edited by a moderator:
My favorite book(s) are the Chronicles of Narnia collection, specifically The Horse and His Boy.I just think they're really well written and I like the themes that the book explores.
It's not often The Horse and His Boy is chosen as a fave, it's very different to the rest.

Still a great read though, but my fave out of the series lies with The Magicians Nephew, I thought it was hugely entertaining.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back