this is.... peculiar - fake V1?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ForeverWaiting

Reaction score
Well, look at the IR. if you could get another image of that, that would tell you if it was bootleg or not. It will be a darker IR cover, if its lighter, its boot.

no hunni there are some real tama plus' with this shell believe it or not..i know you think its one of those cheap nock offs they sell on amazon...I don't know for sute if this very one is legit but there are some with that pic on the shell that are <3

Looks fake. i feel sorry for the poor soul who ends up getting it.

how can someone tell whether its fake or not guys? I have seen the real ones with that image..or did I? haha I thought ive seen them before!

No, it's real. the coloring is correct and differently colored from the fake.

The seller is also selling this one too , which is also real as evident by the egg on screen and the backing is identical to the pink one.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/2004-BANDAI-Original-TAMAGOTCHI-CONNECTION-Black-VIRTUAL-PET-works/171104639564?rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.m1851&_trkparms=aid%3D222002%26algo%3DSIC.FIT%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D17214%26meid%3D619323413326712148%26pid%3D100005%26prg%3D8039%26rk%3D1%26rkt%3D5%26sd%3D171104640200%26

That doesn't look like a fake to me. I have the one posted above sold by the Amazon seller and it is nothing like the one OP posted from eBay. The one I have is cheaply made and it is very obvious - the one on eBay definitely looks more like a real Tamagotchi. The only thing that is strange is the backing but that may be because it is another country Tamagotchi - maybe Europe considering the ball chain. The picture on the top is similar to many other Tamagotchis as seen here:

G4Tg1fg.jpg

Actually, this picture has been posted somewhere on TamaTalk:

1dkZKzJ.jpg

(credit to Mothra, I think this is her picture)

Anyway, these are all European Tamagotchi Plus models. The one in the upper left corner looks a lot similar to the one posted on eBay for the exception of the colors.

Why are people saying it looks "exactly" like that other fake? All the colors are wrong, the background paper is different, the IR port on the top looks nice and dark, and the info on the back looks different. I'm not saying it's legitimate but I don't think they're the same kind of fake as the one everyone keeps redirecting the naysayers to.

Sorta old but it ISN'T A FAKE.

The background is COMPLETELY different and the little design is a different color from the fake one on Amazon.

And the person who bought it gave POSITIVE feedback and said it worked perfectly.

> 3 > Just to clear everything up.

I have 2 fakes that look just like this one, except the tama's background is like a real connection's one:

BOY+GIRL.png

These little persons are actually baby dogs ^^ And they work great too, don't bother reading the Amazon reviews with people complaining. The instructions are in Japanese, but you just have to have played with other fakes before to easily figure all out, fakes all look alike you know.

You can have more infos on these tamas on my website: https://loveyourfaketamagotchi.blogspot.ca/

I bought them there for a dollar each plus shipping, 2 weeks ago: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0085ORUHO/ref=oh_details_o00_s00_i00

Last edited by a moderator:
I say fake :p
Battery cover looks strange (proportions are off)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back