Your best non tamagotchi virtual pets

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

eon.eon

Reaction score
I still have my first 1997 tamagotchi and my connection from my childhood, I've recently fallen in the pool of nostalgia and cleaned the dust from them and started playing with them again (luckily they still work!).

I've bought several digimon "tamagotchis" and i'm feeling the beat to get more virtual pets, altho i don't really seem to like the "latest" releases of tamagotchi since it looks like bandai has been aiming more for the girls audience, not like the first versions that where more unisex or atleast had colors for girls and boys, so I'm thinking on trying other virtual pets that aren't essentially from the tamagotchi or "bandai" label.

So my question is. What is your favorite non-tamagotchi virtual pet?

I've seen some that look like total rubbish and some that actually look interesting or that are vintage...

Littlest Pet Shop V-Pets! Sounds babyish and girly but they aren't really. They're full of mini-games and you can explore in heaps of places! Plus it has cute music!

Giga Pets (the original ones from 1997) are my other favorites. I loved my Komputer Koala and my sister's Compu Kitty when I was younger, and they're still just as great today.

Thanks everyone for the info :)

Giga Pets (the original ones from 1997) are my other favorites. I loved my Komputer Koala and my sister's Compu Kitty when I was younger, and they're still just as great today.
That reminds me that I used to have a TOY STORY one! But it broke :( .

I think they where pretty famous back then plus they have black and translucid colors wich is always cool and theres even an oreo and star wars version :D .

https://www.bookmice.net/fleur/othervpets/oreofrnt.jpg <- hahaha cooooool

https://www.toplessrobot.com/StarWarsGigaPets.jpg <- oh my... you feed the Rancor one with guards and dancing girls (as "candy") rofl that can't get more hilarious.

Thanks for the info Happily Candied I might get one of these :p

PD: You do some really awesome pictures.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've had a PowerPalz virtual pet dog when I was little and my sister had the cat. That was my very first virtual pet. I really love those; mainly because of nostalgic reasons but also because they seem to get real wrinkles when they're old, LOL.

Besides that one I also like the Giga Pets.

Thanks everyone for the info :)

That reminds me that I used to have a TOY STORY one! But it broke :( .

I think they where pretty famous back then plus they have black and translucid colors wich is always cool and theres even an oreo and star wars version :D .

https://www.bookmice.net/fleur/othervpets/oreofrnt.jpg <- hahaha cooooool

https://www.toplessrobot.com/StarWarsGigaPets.jpg <- oh my... you feed the Rancor one with guards and dancing girls (as "candy") rofl that can't get more hilarious.

Thanks for the info Happily Candied I might get one of these :p

PD: You do some really awesome pictures.
Aw, Toy Story! Tiger came out with some really great themes for Giga Pets. I wish I'd seen the Toy Story version when I was younger. ^_^ I still have a brand new in package Barbie Giga Pet that my mom had sent in for as a free gift (with proofs of purchase). I just found it a few weeks ago-- I'd totally forgotten it existed!

Thanks so much for the nice words about my photos. It's a huge passion and I feel lucky to be able to dedicate so much of my life to my work!

Aw, Toy Story! Tiger came out with some really great themes for Giga Pets. I wish I'd seen the Toy Story version when I was younger. ^_^ I still have a brand new in package Barbie Giga Pet that my mom had sent in for as a free gift (with proofs of purchase). I just found it a few weeks ago-- I'd totally forgotten it existed!

Thanks so much for the nice words about my photos. It's a huge passion and I feel lucky to be able to dedicate so much of my life to my work!
The toy story ones seem to be around 20€ ($26) new theres actually one now in ebay if you want one :3 (from japan), I remember it was pretty fun playing with it, you always get that little green alien toy from the film as pet (if i recon well).

brand new??? dang I collect toys and i always tend to buy them brand new but then i always end up opening them... I kill the price from them opening the box I know, but I will never sell them and atleast I'm able to touch them or whatever before they end in a nice cristal/wood showcase :p .

And no problem about the "nice words", some of them look so good that I stayed for a few seconds trying to find out if they where high quality 3D art or a pic LOL...

Last edited by a moderator:
Toy Story one is definitely one of the neatest non-tamagotchi pets. I've got a review of it on my channel:

//www.tamatalk.com/IB/applications/core/interface/js/spacer.png

Ra,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back