Fast Battery Drainage V1, V5

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

kuchikid

Reaction score
Recently my tamagotchi V2 and V5 have started doing something strange that I cannot seem to find an answer to. They have begun to absolutely DRAIN my batteries (about 1 per day). I typically buy Sunbeam 3V batteries, and they are usually good for at least 2 months (minimum). Any suggestions? (NOTE- I buy them from a dollar store, but my other tamagotchis have no problems whatsoever from the same batch)

Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
Not certain about the V5, but if your V1 is a wave one, that is a known issue. The battery drain issue was corrected with the second wave.

Ra,

Not certain about the V5, but if your V1 is a wave one, that is a known issue. The battery drain issue was corrected with the second wave.

Ra,
Sorry. I meant V2. I fixed it.

Try different batteries.

Buy a pack of energizer batteries. They come 2 in pack so its perfect to test them out in the two Tamagotchis.

Dollar store batteries are sucky. They're hit or miss and you could have bought a bad batch or something.

So try the energizer batteries. A bit pricey for 2, but if you want to get down to the problem, I'd do that first.

Gleepers, my V4.5 has been like that since I bought it. The only batteries that lasted a long time was the one it came with. After that, all future batteries I tried lasted less than a day. And so I debugged my V4.5 ^_^ ; I have no idea how to fix it. Try changing the contrast on your V5 to the lowest setting. As for V2, it was probably made in the factory with the screen way, way too dark (my V4.5 has an extremely dark screen) and because you cannot change the contrast on V2 or V4.5 there is no way to fix it.

This happened to my V4, from what I can tell it's a bug with the tama, as the batteries worked pefectly well for another Tamagotchi (for me atleast)

This happened to my V4, from what I can tell it's a bug with the tama, as the batteries worked pefectly well for another Tamagotchi (for me atleast)
For me, too. Only thing is, they haven't done this before!

Perhaps you have purchased a bad batch of those Sunbeam batteries. Have you tried another pack or even restarting your Tamagotchi?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back