Sign in to follow this  
Nathalietchi

Question about the Dinkie Dino

I noticed that the Dinkie Dino is a famous virtual pet amoungst collectors. Since I've never owned one I was wondering; what makes it so popular? Is it because of nostalgic reasons or is there more to it?

I think it's because of several reasons.

1. Super cute evolution lines that are influence by foods you feed it
  2. More actions to do than the old vintage Tamagotchis had, such as petting and changing the temperature via A/C
  3. Large and eye-pleasing pixel characters (Icons are a little small, though.)
  4. Different characters to choose from (Dino, Puppy [only on the 4-in-1], Alien, and Penguin.)
  5. Moderate care needed, so it keeps it interesting and not boring over time

There are other reasons and they will vary depending on who you ask, but I do like them and find them to be adorable. Hitorikkos are another fave of mine, and they are basically Dinkie knock-offs.

Other than what Mido has said, the Dinkie Dino was the only non-Tamagotchi virtual pet I've been into because of its solid growth chart and cute characters. The petting function is too adorable :)

(The only thing I find weird is that the creatures don't poo... lol :P )

Ichiro.malfoy, funny how they don't poo, isn't it? lol. Well, instead they get dirty and need showers, which is pretty cute. :-)

Another reason Dinkies are so famous and well-liked is because after the tamagotchis, they were the most popular virtual pet available and only second to tamagotchis in sales. In fact, my very first virtual pet in the 90s was Dinkie Dino. :-)

Ra,

This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By ItsRockyKitty
      I found this 2004 tamagotchi but I don't know is it real? I can't post the image but it has zebra paintball 3 buttons and there is only tamagotchi wrote on top No tamagotchi connection only tamagotchi sooo what so you think
    • By Littlegreenartichoke
      Hey guys, I am new to this forum :) I found my old tamagotchi and was curious as to which one it is/if anyone else had the same one? The nostlagia is so strong!! My poor neglected Finn.
      I have uploaded the photos on imgur (see below) as I couldn't figure out how to embed them here
      https://imgur.com/a/hnMVHqo
      Thanks! :)
    • By Vaxder
      Hola, decidí evitar que mi tamagotchi tuviera un hijo porque quería que viviera un poco más pero olvidé que tenía que aceptar cuando cumpliera los 10 días porque se hace mayor y no sé si ahora puede tener hijos. , Pongo la hora en que llega el casamentero pero yo no llegué y probablemente no será posible, pero aún quiero saber si cuando muera de viejo el próximo heredará sus cosas. ayuda por favor
    • By -TamaTamaLlama-
      Hey welcome to my blog fellow Llamas!! I have a Tamagotchi On, Wonder Garden edition, and I am currently on generation 10! I have every location but sports plaza. I have the Llama fluff gene for 8 generation (lucky meeee!) and I currently have twin girls. I have questions about the tamagotchi app that can connect with your tamagotchi. Is it true you can marry people there and then they will come back to you tamagotchi as a new character? I'm confused. Do they have sanrio characters in the app on events? Can I connect to the japenese version on my english tamagotchi.

• By DinkieDinkieDino
      Whilst looking for an obnoxiously large keyring to stop me losing my radiator keys, I come across a seller on eBay with a genuine 1997 unopened DinkieDino in the same colour that I used to have when I was a kid and I thought I was finally ready to try again. Welcome to my log!

• By lunatchi
      Hi.. So, I've been thinking about getting mymeets. the only problem is, I don't know how to connect my On to mymeets for when I do get it. Does anyone know how to do this?