Digimon Vpet

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Carol_tama

Reaction score
Hello. ;)
I received a Digimon Vpet a few days ago and I would like to ask if anyone knows what version it is:

tumblr_mqgmufvwKd1r649i4o3_500.jpg

I will be able to start it up on Monday / Tuesday, but I have absolutely NO experience with Digimons, so I would also appreciate some infos about how to run it, how to take good care of it etc. Just useful things in general. :D :D :D

Do you raise it like any other regular vpet or does it have some special features?

Do you raise it like any other regular vpet or does it have some special features?
you do pretty much raise it like any other vpet, but certain types of care will determine which one it evolves to. it also can battle other digimon if you connect them :) but you'd have to have a second one.

It's a version 1. I can tell from the background. :)

And in case you're wondering if there are benefits from battling another Digimon? There certainly are - to obtain a MetalGreymon, Mamemon, or Monzaemon, you must register 15+ battles at Child / Rookie or Adult / Champion. Registering 15+ at both levels will increase your chances of getting to Perfect / Ultimate a lot more.

Well, Nighty gave a mega huge great possibility to get this Digimon (we made a trade) and I will not be able to buy another one, so I guess I won't be able to register those fights.
And, uh, I have NO idea what you're talking about - as I said before, I have absolutely ZERO experience with Digimons, both vpets and animation. I know NOTHING about them.
Maybe a word of explanation? xD

No problems! Here's a bit of an explanation.

For starters, Perfect is the evolution level (Fifth form) of any secret character on the original five Digimon pets. Think of it like a Tamagotchi, as shown below...

Tamagotchi Baby > Toddler > Teen > Adult > Secret Character or Elder
Digimon Baby 1 > Baby 2 > Child > Adult > Perfect

It gets more complicated with the Pendulums, with the addition of a sixth form (Ultimate) after Perfect. Considering you didn't get a Pendulum, I'll spare you the details on that.

As far as the three characters I mentioned go, MetalGreymon looks like a partially cybernetic dinosaur / dragon, Mamemon looks like a silver version of Pac-Man with boxing gloves, and Monzaemon looks like a teddy bear. There is actually a growth chart here which shows what the characters look like. Further digging through this site will also get you the evolution requirements.

Hope this helps. :)

On that same webpage that WarOmnimon provided, there's also a small instruction manual.

Source: https://lcd.wtw-x.net/VpetIntro

You will see a total of 8 Icons on the border; here is a list:

1. Scale: To view the Digimon's status you will see numerous screens, which will include the Age/Weight, the Hunger Status, the Strength Status, the Win Ratio screen, and the Digimon Points (DP) Gauge. 1 Digimon Year = 24 hours. Weight variations will take place in the following way where G = Gigabytes.

2. Meat: Two options are given here. The top selection is a piece of meat which will increase the Digimon's Hunger. The second selection is the Protein Pill, which will increase your Digimon's Strength and replenish DP.

3. Training: This is where your Digimon will train; a successful training session will increase your Digimon's strength naturally. Different versions have different types of training. Version 1: Use A and B to select if the Digimon will attack high or low.

4. Fighting: This will allow you to fight another V-Pet to increase your Win Ratio. The more battles and higher your Win Ratio the more likely it will be you will reach the Perfect Stage. Fresh/In Training Digimon cannot battle, and for the other Digimon, DP is necessary.

5. Toilet: This will wipe the screen clear when your Digimon poops approximately every two hours. Your Digimon will become sick if it poops 8 times without being cleaned.

6. Lights: Select this option to turn the lights off when your Digimon is ready to sleep. You must do this within 20 minutes (or before the 'Call' light goes out), or it will count as a care mistake. A full 8 hours' sleep is necessary to refill the DP Gauge.

7. Bandage: This is where you provide medical attention for your Digimon. Sometimes your Digimon will refuse the treatment, and you must keep selecting the option until it is happy again. If your Digimon gets the sickness/dying status too many times or is left untreated, it may die. Your Digimon can still get injured in battle even if it wins.

8. The "Call" icon: When it's lit up you have 20 minutes to respond before it goes out or you will get a care mistake. Your Digimon will only do this when its hearts run out. It will also do this when it is time to turn out the lights.
@WarOmnimon, do you know the approximate ages each stage lasts? For instance, at what age will an in-training Digimon become a rookie?

I used to own one(which I think was this version, just red). It's basically exactly like a regular P1/P2/...(vintage), just that this has different characters and battle modus, which I never could use since I only had one. But it isn't necessary to enjoy it. :)

It is much easier to tell what version it is by teh charcter

so can you you show us the child charcter?

The thing is that the Digimon is at my mom's and I will be there tomorrow so I didn't even have the chance to see it myself. xD

Glad we could help! Hope you have fun with it.

On another note, if you end up enjoying the Digimon v-pet and have an Android device, there are two apps on Google Play worth looking into. The first is called VPET and simulates all five original Digimon v-pets down to a T. The second is called Digimon Unlimited, and is based more around the Pendulums with plenty of enhancements.

I would consider giving both a try at some point. Especially Digimon Unlimited. :)

I know, I've had it for a very long time on my iPhone. ;)
Well, I will start it today, once I get home. ^^

I know, I've had it for a very long time on my iPhone. ;)

Well, I will start it today, once I get home. ^^
Digimon Unlimited isn't for iOS.... o_O You must be talking about that one thing called Pet Monster.

Yes, that's what I meant.

Well, anyway - it is a v1. ;)
At least according to this:
2zevxn9.gif

And here's my baby. <3
tumblr_ms9794Vikd1soif0yo1_500.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Yep, that's a V1 indeed.

Enjoy your new Digimon! They are more fun when you have two or more to battle, but it's not absolutely necessary.

Digimon are definitely my favourite virtual pet. X3

I can tell by your signature! :D
And thank you, I enjoy it very much! ^^ I wish I had two of them, but I can't afford it. ;< I got this one from a trade. ;) Thank you very much, Nighty! <333

Another friendly tip. You said money is somewhat of an issue? If you need a battle partner for your Digimon v-pet that's cheaper than buying another v-pet, look for any of the English "database" releases. They are all capable of battling the Digimon v-pet. These would be...

-D-Terminal (Released by Bandai America and Bandai Asia)
-D-Gather (Bandai Asia only)
-D-Spirit (Same deal as the D-Gather)
-D-Spirit 2 (Ditto)

There are a few D-Gathers on eBay right now and they are relatively cheap right now, so I'd recommend picking up one of those. The partner mode on the D-Gather is fun in itself as well, but to battle the v-pet you'll need to use the call password function on the first three I mentioned. The D-Spirit 2 has the ability to battle pretty much anything with the same connector regardless of call password or raised Digimon. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back