Tamagotchi P's - screen goes black without running out of battery

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Squalicorax

Reaction score
My p's screen goes black without the low battery warning appearing. You can still hear the sounds and play with it but it's very hard to see, like in old videogame consoles. Sometimes, with a light knock from behind the light seems to come up again, but it's usually not very long until it goes off or starts flickering. It seems like it could be a contact problem with the batteries (which are brand new). Does anyone know if there is a way to fix that? Maybe by messing around a bit with the battery slots or something?

Thanks! :hanatchi:

As for the screen turning off: This is meant to happen if you don't do anything with the Tamagotchi for 30 seconds; press any button to show the screen again! The reason why the screen turns off is because it is in color; if it stayed on all the time, it would use a LOT of battery power and you'd find yourself buying new batteries every week!

As for the screen being hard to see: If you are playing with the Tamagotchi in bright light (outside in the daytime) it will be very hard to see. If it is still hard to see in the dark, maybe try putting the brightness higher. Or else it could be a problem with the Tamagotchi. Maybe put in different batteries and press the reset button to see if it fixes it.

Last edited by a moderator:
As for the screen turning off: This is meant to happen if you don't do anything with the Tamagotchi for 30 seconds; press any button to show the screen again! The reason why the screen turns off is because it is in color; if it stayed on all the time, it would use a LOT of battery power and you'd find yourself buying new batteries every week!

As for the screen being hard to see: If you are playing with the Tamagotchi in bright light (outside in the daytime) it will be very hard to see. If it is still hard to see in the dark, maybe try putting the brightness higher. Or else it could be a problem with the Tamagotchi. Maybe put in different batteries and press the reset button to see if it fixes it.
Hi! Thanks for replying! :lol:

However, I didn't mean the screen turning off after the 30 seconds, I already knew that. The problem is that this happens when the screen is on and the tama is working. I've also got the brightest light setting and it's still dark and flickers, it's hard to see even in interiors. I know the screen is not working properly because I've seen it work correctly before. Remember the old gameboy color screens, for example? The screens showed the images but they emitted no light and thus were hard to see; that's what's happening to my tama. The problem seems to be the backscreen light.

I'll try and replace the batteries with a different brand as soon as I get home, let's see if that helps!

Never happened to me even though I changed the batteries like over 10 times already. I suggest changing the batteries with a high-quality brand ones. It might be expensive but it really is worth it. And try to avoid those cheap batteries from a dollar store or something. They're really bad :p

If that doesn't work, you may have a big problem here. Have you ever dropped it? Bumped it to a hard surface? Any incidents like that? It might have messed up the motherboard or something. I don't suggest this but if the battery thing doesn't work, you may have to open the back of your P's because it might be broken or there are broken wires and stuff.

It looks like the batteries are too weak for the display.

The manual always suggests using alkaline batteries; not just any ordinary kind of batteries. Avoid mixing old and new ones as well.

Never happened to me even though I changed the batteries like over 10 times already. I suggest changing the batteries with a high-quality brand ones. It might be expensive but it really is worth it. And try to avoid those cheap batteries from a dollar store or something. They're really bad :p

If that doesn't work, you may have a big problem here. Have you ever dropped it? Bumped it to a hard surface? Any incidents like that? It might have messed up the motherboard or something. I don't suggest this but if the battery thing doesn't work, you may have to open the back of your P's because it might be broken or there are broken wires and stuff.
It looks like the batteries are too weak for the display.

The manual always suggests using alkaline batteries; not just any ordinary kind of batteries. Avoid mixing old and new ones as well.
Hi, thank you for your replies!

I just changed the batteries to another brand, although the ones I was already using were the ones that came with the package and were also alkaline. I don't mix new batteries with old ones either. The display still lightly flickers sometimes but it's not as bad as before, kind of like the first day after I received it (it kept getting worse over a couple weeks). Let's see if it keeps behaving like this... :unsure:

I have never dropped it as I treat it with great care and it's been roughly two weeks only since I got it in the mail. Maybe it was bumped against something in its way to deliver, but I don't think it could have been that bad because it was pretty well-secured inside the package so I don't understand at all why this could have happened.

If the problems appear again I might consider opening and repairing it, but since I don't really know how motherboards work if I can't find any tutorials on this I don't think I'll be able to fix anything by myself if I need to.

Thanks!

Oh, that's pretty interesting then.

While I have not encountered this problem myself, I'm thinking this may be due to loose contacts with the battery and the display. However I cannot advise you on what to do since I don't have an experience tinkering with them either.

Let us know if you're still encountering the problem again. Now I'm actually afraid it might happen soon on mine too, lol :p

A member on here had this problem a while ago. I don't mean to scare you or anything, but your P's might be defective.

The P's contacts for the screen display are defective. You will need to get a new P's because there is no way to fix it (Or it's really difficult to fix) My iD L's screen flickers on and off when connecting with my P's, this is due to the contacts on the circuit board being defective. It usually happens when they are accidentally dropped. There really is not a way to fix them unless you buy a new one.

EDIT: It really has nothing to do with the batteries either. I use all kinds of batteries, and even mix old ones with new ones, and my Tamagotchis are fine. I've been running my Tamagotchi P's for months and months now, and the batteries are mixed. It seems to be doing fine.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back