Sign in to follow this  
mozaique

In what languages can we play the Tama-Go?

Hello! :)

I finally decided on which version of Tamagotchi I should get, a Tama-Go! :)

I was hesitating between the V4 and Go, but yeah the Go sounds awesome.

So anyways, I was browsing on Ebay lately and I found THE perfect Go!!!! It's green and shiny and pretty and comes with lovely Mametchi *o*

THE THING... Is that it's from Japan. The instructions are in English and in Japanese. But the English translation doesn't always mean the toy is going to be in English, I learned from experience with fakes...

Will it be in Japanese?

Link: http://www.ebay.ca/itm/GENUINE-JAPAN-BANDAI-BANDAI-TAMAGOTCHI-TAMATOWN-TAMA-GO-V7-PET-WITH-MAMETCHI-FG-/141058476625?pt=Electronic_Battery_Windup_Toys_US&hash=item20d7bd8a51&_uhb=1

Theres also this pink one with a frog, I like it too but I really prefer this green one :)

Thanks you very much for your help!!

Mozaique

• Like 1

Ah, please see here. (http://www.tamatalk.com/IB/topic/187193-tama-go-english-vs-japanese/)

"There is no Japanese version of Tama-Go

However there is a Singapore Tama-Go with a different box (but the actual toy is the same and in English)."

"There is also a Tama-Go in Portuguese, with Portuguese packaging and the language of the Tama-Go is in Portuguese as well."

I have a feeling the Tama-Go in the link is a Portuguese Tama-Go, so the language will be Portuguese.

It's great to go around and look at some topics to find your suitable answer before posting your question. ^_^

Edited by tamatown123
  • Like 1

Oh thank you very much!! Yes it's true I haven't looked too much around... :mellow: Anyways thank you very much for the answer, tamatown123! :)

• Like 1

This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By Jade27
      Hello,
      Has anyone seen this v-pet? I found the anime online and I found out that it has a v-pet. The anime only has three characters on it, so I think the v-pet has 3 characters on it at the most.

Here is the synopsis from myanimelist.com "The story revolves around a girl named Yuuka, who encounters a being from the depths of the Earth named Chii-chan (a pun of chiteijin, the Japanese word for underground-dweller), and an alien named Ucchan (a pun of uchuujin or alien). The story follows their heartwarming and chaotic everyday lives together."

You can order it online at japanyouwant.com
      Does anyone know anything about this v-pet?
    • By Dordtchild
      Recently I've been scanning Ebay while attempting to sell off a few of my Tamas when I came to the realization that the once cheaper sales of Tamagotchis from Japanese buyers are steadily raising their pricing to match US sellers, but with huge shipping costs and 1+ month wait time to receive the Tama.

Now, that's not the case with all the Japanese sellers, I personally saw some rather amazing Tamagotchi Angels star out rather cheap on auctions, but By It Nows are mainly what I'm talking about now.

I understand the large mark up in price when people sell locally. It's a common practice for US sellers to do such on items that are rather uncommon to rare in US markets, but why are the Japanese sellers starting to do the same? Wouldn't people rather buy from US sellers instead? Maybe i'm just thinking too hard into this.

Another note worth mentioning that certain Tamas seems to sell best in phases. What I mean by this is that a month ago P1s and P2s sold as well as the Tamagotchi Connections, but here lately are a very hard press sell. Even if you just stick to Connections, a V1 is next to impossible to sell against a V2 and a V2 next to impossible to a V4/5 (I skip v3 because I don't see them sell well to start with).

When it comes to Japan sellers, this doesn't seem the issue. The sells of all versions seem to be rather stable across the board. Again, maybe I'm thinking too hard into this, but this has been what's in my thoughts here lately as a Tamagotchi buyer, seller, and collector.

What are your thoughts? : ) Love to hear them
    • By Tamacass
      Hey! Today, I was experimenting around with my Japanese and ended up finding this piece of artwork:
      http://ameblo.jp/tery-3/entry-11857531775.html
      Tanpopo: (Tomomi..... awae (??? Not too sure about this symbol) mo.....。)
      Tomomi: (.............ha?)

I guess Tanpopo adores her or something. Glad to see the Japanese fandom haven't forgotten about those two!
      Have any of you found cute or weird Japanese artwork of Tamagotchi? Send in some stuff you've found!
    • By WhiteMageKnits
      I purchased my Tama-Go used with no figures. I just purchased the Mametchi figure with the rainbow faceplate. When I connected the figure it only has the Game option and one game (cradle). The instructions that came with it (unopened/new) says it has a toy shop and two games, neither is cradle. I purchased this figure for the toy shop. Do I need to unlock these somehow or am I missing something? Thanks in advance!
    • By Hanikamitchi
      Hello, this is Hanikamitchi. If you have a Tama-Go and are not sure what happens if you overfeed your Tamagotchi at the adult/senior stage or are just afraid to try it, then this is what happens:
      If you max out their weight, they will bloat up! They will just sit down on their fat li'l butt and refuse to do anything! What do you do? You go to the medical box and give it a "laxative". It will always be cured in one shot, but it will poop everywhere! Clean it up, and don't try this at home! You will know if their weight is maxed out if the scale reads 99 lbs. Hope this helped!
    • By WhiteMageKnits
      I just purchased a used Tama-Go without any of the figurines. What are your thoughts on this model? Will I have to purchase the figurines to have fun with it? I really don't like the look of them setting on top.

I saw it for only $12 USD, in great condition, so I got it before doing much research! I did see it can connect to my music star. Does anyone know if you can connect the FTD to the Tama-Go? I'm so excited to start collecting these again! I'll only be getting ones I use though. I don't allow myself to truly just collect things unless I use them consistently. (Hence why I no longer have all of my vintage ones) I'm so excited!! Thanks in advance for your opinions and information!