Tamagotchi- In lieu of friends?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

kuchipatchi love

Reaction score
Well, I find myself ending high school and going into university within about 3 months. I'm kinda nervous, kinda excited, but for the most part, kinda lonely. I don't want this to be a depressing post about my life, but I wondered if other people do this too.

See, I have a boyfriend. He's absolutely wonderful. I also have a male best friend, who lives about 5 minutes walk away from me. This should be fine, but the problem is, my boyfriend cannot stand my friend. He hates my friend's guts. He has asked me to stop talking to him as much, which is hard because I talk to him every day. Respecting his wishes, I said I would. So I have decided to bust out my tamagotchis, in the hopes that I won't feel so lonely if I have them with me.

I have girl friends, but I don't get along with them as well, and they live too far away. What is your take on this?

Do you bust out your tamas when you feel lonely or scared? Do they comfort you?

Being friends with other females can be awkward at best. I really have no female friends. I find them difficult, whiney and jealous. But if you have a boyfriend, you have to understand that it looks bad to have another guy friend. Sucks yep.

I'd not think Tamagotchis are a replacement by any means but they sure are a fun and cute distraction. Spend time in the forums or in chat here. We do have fun :)

Hmm I have the feeling that the real question isn't : Do you bust out your tamas when you feel lonely or scared? Do they comfort you?

but :

What do you think about my boyfriend forbidding me to see my best friend ?

1st question : I say yes ^^ Especially when i'm sick .sometimes i don't even run them, i just take my box, and look at them, clean them. It's really comforting .

2nd "question" : I won't answer because you actually didn't ask. But I kinda have the feeling that you don't like this situation at all.

Put yourself in the boyfriends shoes. How would you REALLY feel if his best friend was a girl who is not you and wanted to spend a lot of time with her? Your situation is very awkward. You have both those guys in awkward spots. It seems that you are still at that magical time where you can have platonic guy friends. When you get older, this becomes more uncommon.

I think Tamagotchis can be a replacement of friends; they are much easier to have as friends because they're not human. They are just fun little toys that won't upset you or do anything unexpected like lying to you, breaking promises, randomly deciding not to be your friend anymore. For many years, Tamagotchis were my only friends - now the friends I do have are only online TamaTalkers...so, even my Tamagotchis helped me find good buddies. B)

Put yourself in the boyfriends shoes. How would you REALLY feel if his best friend was a girl who is not you and wanted to spend a lot of time with her? Your situation is very awkward. You have both those guys in awkward spots. It seems that you are still at that magical time where you can have platonic guy friends. When you get older, this becomes more uncommon.
My boyfriend has a girl best friend and i'm fine with it. Girl/boy friendship is possible !

Hey there! (This is GoGotchi ^^)
I actually just got back into Tamagotchi in my second year of college, just thought it'd be interesting for you to know that.

I have quite a decent amount of friends, but I find that I rarely socialize with people one on one. Instead, I spend most of my time on my own doing work, playing bass, etc.
That being said, I have quite the busy schedule but regardless I still keep a tama in my pocket (or somewhere near me) because as silly as it may sound, it makes me feel like I'm not alone. I don't think it's the fact that there's something that needs me to take care of it, asking for my attention all the time, but instead just knowing that there's something or someone (I suppose) with you and you're not really alone. Haha.

It's a psychological comfort.

Hm, I have to wonder about the boyfriend/friend situation, though. Are you willing to lose your friend over your boyfriend? I don't think that your boyfriend should be asking you to limit contact with your friend, instead I think that he should respect the fact that he is your friend and if he really doesn't like him, he can just make sure that they're not around each other at the same time (your boyfriend and your friend). Especially since this friend is so close to you... Are you really going to risk losing your friend when you already said that you don't have many other close friends? Just some thoughts.

I honestly don't think it matters whether your friends are mostly female or male. I know that for me, I have more male friends than female friends, however when it comes down to it, I make friends with people whose personality I like, not based on their gender. Don't worry about imbalances or fulfilling social expectations, as long as you have friends who are there to support you and can understand you, then you're good. I wouldn't worry what they look like on the outside, or what others think of them.

Hope this helped.

GoGotchi/Sushi

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back