Screen on my iD L went totally white? (Little rant too.)

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

TamaLey

Reaction score
So here is the story, I have a glitched english as many of you know. I just bought a nice new white Japanese iD L and finally got it today. So you know, no more problems. At first I was a bit upset because there are many scratches on it. Just when I was starting to get over that, I was playing with it and the screen went totally white! At first it started flashing, then it went white and I could do nothing! There was no sound or anything..and then it died. I put new batteries in it and it seems back to normal, but has anyone had this happen to you before? Even on my english, if the batteries are low it will tell you. This was very different. I am worried. For some reason I have a lot of bad luck with these things. :(

Last edited by a moderator:
It could have possibly just been a sign that the batteries were low; usually it shows a white screen with Kandentchi:

Kandentchi_battery.PNG

I have heard of other people with iD Ls which just show the white screen when turned on and don't go back to normal, not even with new batteries, so you're probably lucky. :eek: There may be some damage to your Tamagotchi...perhaps from being bumped around when it was shipping to you, but hopefully it won't happen again.

It could have possibly just been a sign that the batteries were low; usually it shows a white screen with Kandentchi:

Kandentchi_battery.PNG

I have heard of other people with iD Ls which just show the white screen when turned on and don't go back to normal, not even with new batteries, so you're probably lucky. :eek: There may be some damage to your Tamagotchi...perhaps from being bumped around when it was shipping to you, but hopefully it won't happen again.
I wish. That is what I am use to. And before I made this topic I looked around and found 2 topics, one where it was like you said, it just flat out died. The other topic was about the screen being white, but you could see a bit, or hear the sounds. I hope this doesn't happen again. Not the greatest sign for the first day of using a brand new tama. I am so sick of having problems. (This also happened after spending about an hour downloading stuff onto it.)

If it happened after you were downloading stuff onto it, that also may have been a possible cause; maybe there was some sort of glitch after the downloads were transferred that cause the screen to go white, in which case it probably won't happen again. Maybe try downloading again and see if the same thing happens.

So far so good...I don't need to download anything on it right now, so I am gonna lay off it for awhile.

I did not take a pic, but I am hoping the batteries where just bad. They were the ones that came with it, so maybe they just went bad. (Which is kind of funny because I used the batteries in an old unopened Angel, so that was like, way over a decade old and they worked fine. XD)

Sometimes, when my tamagotchis act a little weird, my brother blames it on the "battery leaking". I'm not exactly sure what he meant by that, but since the battery was already in the tama while it was shipping, that may have happened.

I just hope you don't get anymore problems on your iD L ^.^

I was always afraid of that, but the good thing is, the batteries (even though they are already in it) are wrapped in like a clear kind of plastic. So it can't leak a whole lot, and if It did I don't see any damage. So far today was good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back