How Do You Store Your Tama Collection?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sushi Bassist

Reaction score
Hey everyone! ^^
I currently have a reasonably small collection (about 12 pieces) but it's growing quite steadily, and I can't think of a good way to keep everything! So I was wondering what everyone's storage solutions were? Do you have a bookshelf dedicated to tamagotchi? A shoebox?

Right now, I just keep everything (that I'm not currently running) in its original package in a drawer with some other stuff.

I use a drawer for my packaged pets (with a few other non related things in there). and I have a little box that i keep my non packaged ones in. (in socks, so its softer lol.)

I have a shelf that me and my dad made. I use it to hold Tamagotchi accessories. Then I hang my Tamagos above it and my other tamas below it.

Odds, aren't you scared your kids will take one or more and destroy? O.O

I only have seven currently. I keep them in a fabric bag.

I have a Tamabox. ;3

tumblr_muf19frtyE1soif0yo1_500.jpg

It is actually too small already and I need to buy a new, bigger one. TK MAXX sells nice boxes. ^^

tumblr_mqtl03buxo1rf4q8io1_400.jpg
tumblr_mqtl03buxo1rf4q8io2_400.jpg

I keep why whole collection (21 tamas) plus all accessories, batteries, emergency rice (in case of water damage) and a few little random figurines from other things I like all in this box.

4 of my tamas I keep in the packaging, and the rest I have made pouches for. It was really hard for me to fit everything in there, so I had to treat it like a jigsaw puzzle lol. I love having it all in one ready-to-go place though, but it does discourage me from wanting to run things I have in the boxes because it's a lot of work just to take it out and then squeeze the packaging inside the box. I'll definitely need a new box when I get my next tama but I really love this one <3

Thank you everyone, it's all very helpful!

Nerdbot-that link was useful, sorry that I didn't search for something similar before posting!

I have a large box I got for Christmas one year. Its full of just tamas. Then my large non tamas are in a glad container, my gigas/non-tamas are in a small caboodle. My Precure pets are in a small backpack or sitting next to my large tama box. I have my tama colors in a special plastic container... All that are under a crap-load of plushies and Furby so my cat won't touch them or if my neices/nephews go in my room. They would go for the plush first if over by them and never find the tamas/cousins/siblings...etc. (yes, I have that many plushies. Muuuhahahaha *cough*)

I do have a pocket thing on a hanger, but the spot where it is, weighs down so much with just my smaller tamas and gigas inside the pockets. Great if you want to display them, but in my case... I want them hidden as much as possible from the neices/nephews. (young, sneaky and a tendency to want the toys they know you have to play with...)

I had posted this in the collection topic a few months back, but basically I keep my collection in storage bins and wooden boxes. This picture was from last December, thus doesn't show yet another storage bin all filled up. I'm running out of places to stack them in my room lol. At one point I'd love to get proper display shelves to give them the spotlight they deserve. Alas, till then, they remain stacked up in storage bins.

oa51fm.jpg

Ra,

Last edited by a moderator:
Aaaaaaawwwwwwww, Britty, your crotchet covers are so colorful and lovely. :3 Made me wanna do something new now. ^^
I also like your tamabox, it's cool that it's translucent and that it has a handle, it would be so much more comfortable to carry mine if I had one like this too. ^^"

Ra, as always, this pic amazes me, I would kill for a collection like this.
Where do you live...? :D :D :D

Aaaaaaawwwwwwww, Britty, your crotchet covers are so colorful and lovely. :3 Made me wanna do something new now. ^^

I also like your tamabox, it's cool that it's translucent and that it has a handle, it would be so much more comfortable to carry mine if I had one like this too. ^^"

Ra, as always, this pic amazes me, I would kill for a collection like this.

Where do you live...? :D :D :D
Yea I love how I can see my collection through the box, but the box is still cute with sparkly stars all over it :3

I'm back and forth between 2 houses a lot so the handle is useful too lol

It's actually a makeup box, and the brand is called caboodles if you'd like to look for something similar, my only complaint is that it's getting too small for my collection D;

2hsbzg3.jpg

As you can see, here is the little spot in a bookshelf where I stick my Tamagotchi virtual pets and merchandise. A really annoying thing is that there is hardly enough room; I have to cram everything together like some kind of jigsaw puzzle and when I want to play with something, I have to move everything around and it gets all messy. :( I actually rearrange the display way too often.

Anyhow, not all my stuff is there; there's no way my plushes and such can fit, and I was running many of my Tamagotchis and so they're not on the shelf in the photo. I might have to make room on another shelf in order for easier storage of my collection. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh, I love your Tama shelf! I've been thinking if I shouldn't make one too, but in this flat everything gets covered with dust VERY quickly, so I would risk my Tamas getting dusty inside this way. :(
I love the tamagotchi school and game arcade models! ^^

Sadly, my dad doesn't like me liking tama's so I prefer it if it was out of his sight, stuffed in a box under my bed. I would love to display mine like EMF did but, meh :(

Odds, aren't you scared your kids will take one or more and destroy? O.O
nope, cause i left them just high enough that they cannot reach them at all hehe ^.^ i know it doesnt seem like it but its working like a charm, thats actually why i started doing that because with the other storage area they could get at them regularly O.O

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back