Opinions on X and Y

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rosaria

Reaction score
What are your opinions on the two new main series Pokémon games, X and Y?

I, personally, really like them. Training seems a bit more difficult than B/W/B2/W2, though.

i like them too, but when i turn on the 3d, the graphics get slow :( does this happen to you as well?

i like how the pokemon are 3d models now, it's great!

Meh, I think it's OK. Yes everyone is complaining that the graphics get slow/lag when you turn on the 3D. But X and Y aren't the only games that do this... My Lego Harry Potter game sometimes lags on certain levels and the 3D is on. It even crashed once.. So the lagging has nothing to do with the games, just how the 3DS is like I guess! This is probably a reason why I'm waiting for X and Y's sequel, maybe Game Freak will fix the lagging then.

I'm getting no lag... strange

AND THE GAMES ARE AMAZING

*cough*

They are way better than I expected. I thought I would hate the new character models but I've gotten used to them really quickly. I am disappointed about the EXP share though.

I've been catching every pokemon that I have came across. I feel like I'm playing blue again.

Edit: THE MUSIC OMG AMAZING

Can I just...

GGHm6lc.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Love the soundtrack - and I'm starting to get used to the little lag in 3D mode, but I mostly play in 2D anyway. Lovin' it so far! :D

(I have an X btw)

-the lag, i don't mind

-much better than i thought it would be, and even at that i knew it was going to be great.

i noticed many including myself catching everything we find...there's great variety which i think is part of it.

the graphics are great.

what's with the teenage nurse joys?? lol

the experience share -____- i haven't gotten the 3rd badge and my team is nearly level 40..feels odd

I love the graphics, I love the pokemon amie, and I love the social features!

My only complaint so far is that there is no way to use the d pad without the skates and that gets pretty annoying.

I love the graphics, I love the pokemon amie, and I love the social features!

My only complaint so far is that there is no way to use the d pad without the skates and that gets pretty annoying.
Yeah, it can get pretty annoying to switch pads but it's better than having to register your bike/skates and then press B.

I'm not sure exactly what everyone means by the lag, sometimes when I start my 3DS it won't let me play my game for a few seconds, even though I click it.

I love the fact that they don't use the 3D graphics all the time, too, because some games use the 3D feature all the time, and it gives me headaches and hurts my eyes.

I'm only on Lumios city, but I absolutely love it. I like how sometimes the view changes so you can see your avatar on the side, though sometimes it gets a bit confusing to walk, and I sometimes get dizzy. Still, I like it much better than the overhead view.

I also like how you can change your hair and clothes! Though, it's tough because it's pretty expensive for clothes or to color your hair.

I simply love this game. Nothing bothers me in this version. <3 I have the Y. ;)

I really like playing it but its just way to easy. Im getting through every gym by using the same pokemon and the same moves and obliterating everything. Training has never been so easy, I dont have to try and they gain levels. The fact that its not as challenging as previous games is a bit of a let down :/ . I do however love the graphics and everything its a massive improvement and they look like they put a lot of time and thought into it, its so pretty :D

I think it's a bit too easy. Having the 3D on gives me a headache so I can't use it that much. Skates are annoying because I hate to use the directional pad on my 3DS XL to walk and it's uncomfortable to use for a long period of time.

I hear my fiancée is lost after beating the fifth gym. He can't find a walkthrough anywhere to tell him where to go. lol

idk how you guys do it but I find harder than before every battle with a gym leader and all of my pokemon are very strong. lol. in pokemon diamond it was way easier for me to beat the gym leaders o.o

I love it. I have X, Fiance has Y

I find it odd that theres SO many Gen 1 pokemon. Kinda weird.

My game never lags. and never lags on 3D

love all the new features. Only complaint is I'm having a hard time catching pokemon

Get it to the lowest health possible without it dying. it takes about 2-5 great balls. then eventually an ultra ball or 2 to catch a dang pokemon. no matter WHAT level it is. It's annoying as I play my games until the pokedex is complete. So I need to catch one of everything.

I love everything about it! especially the Battle Maison. you can actually interupt the challenge and leave ^_^

i'm also happy that i got a sylveon. Took awhile but got it x3

Oh, I just remembered the other thing I dislike about this game: the mini-games. I enjoy playing them, but the Super Training annoys me to death. I'm left-handed, and I can't use the buttons to use as a D-pad like I ordinarily would in Mario games. There is no option to change your prominent hand or anything. I try to switch hands, to try to make moving easier instead of moving and hitting one at a time, but I'm not comfortable holding the stylus with my right hand. I thought Super Training would actually improve your Pokemon's stats in battle, not just the mini-game.

I think it's much too easy, but I'm not complaining. I just like to blaze through the main game so I can collect all the Pokemon. I think it's beautiful and incredibly well-made; I like it much better than the 5th generation games. It's pretty close to being one of my top favorites besides HG/SS.

I love what I got to play of the game so far (I don't have the game, but I played some of my sis's X version :3)

But I don't like most of the remastered cries (I prefer when Pikachu still made it's pixely 8 bit cry...) and I can't even tell which Pokemon has which sound anymore... my childhood is ruined :( ((

And the fact that there is no legendary trio or some adorable legendary that you can only get through events... I mean, it's tradition to have those Pokemon! WHYYY GAME FREAK WHYYYY

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back