I changed the batteries and it resets itself :( iD L

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

NATUUURE :D

Reaction score
My tmgc resets itself when I changed the batteries for it was already worn out. Is it because the new pair of batteries' brand is different from the old one? Because I used Ever ready before and began to use Energizer afterwards. PLEASE HELP. I don't want to end up with nothing again. -_- :(

BTW, this happened last year and I kept on using Energizer for I am scared that it may reset itself again. :eek:

Well on the iD L, when you put in new batteries you have to choose download or reset. Remember to choose the first option! If your iD L resets automatically, it could be a glitch... :(

A glitch?! WAAH! I hope it wouldn't do it again!! :eek: Because I remember when I opened it started doing some crazy things like functioning ROM blah blah bleep and it tries to connect itself. So I waited for it to act normal. But then it asked my name, b-day and bleep blop. And so I knew that it did reset itself. Usually, there is 2 options when you change the batteries but it didn't showed -_- I'm super scared that it may happen again. BTW, I bought mine on a toy store. Please tell me what to do! :(

Perhaps the tama was damaged before you bought it. It might have been dropped or fell off of a shelf at the toy store you bought it. -_- I'm sorry about that and I have no idea how to fix it.

Last edited by a moderator:
What kind of batteries have you used? Energizer is alkaline which is the recommended battery type for the iD L, standard non-alkaline may work however with reduced performance due to their smaller capacity.

Ichiro, at first, I used non-alkaline batteries and used alkaline batteries afterwards. Is it because of that it triggered to reset itself?

And tamaninjacat, I know that toy store keeps their tamas in good condition by putting all the tamas on a glass blah bleep. I dunno how to describe it. But it is displayed inside of a glass with the characters action figure and bleep bloop. :)

Nope. Its been a year. -_- And I have lots of tamatomos. And like what I said, this happened last year. I just want to know why it resets itself before because I'm scared that maybe it might happen again. :eek: :(

If I remember correctly, Everready is a non-alkaline battery. I think your device just sort of "choked" when you switched to Energizer, that's about it.

The good thing with colour versions is that they store data, so you can always "Load". I presume it didn't happen again afterwards? If so, that is a rare occurrence and you should be fine.

Oooh~ That's right! It is choked. I appreciate your help. Now, I've got to becareful! Thank you very much!! :D

today my cousin came to my house and i didnt want him to hear my id l, so i put it under the blanket to change its batteries. when i took it out, the scren became green! after pressing a bunch of button it says ROM TEST and some japanese stuff (mine is an id l e) and it resetted too:(

hmmm, today my v5 resetted as well when changing the batteries, maybe some vversions have thise glitch?

Wait, wait. Did it reset itself when you were closing the back side? Cause if so, it happens every time and there's nothing unusual about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back