Fixing up my V3...

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Eternal Mametchi Fan

Reaction score
I got this Version 3 in pretty bad shape for $8. :mellow:

29ldbn6.jpg

2njvjwh.jpg

So I was wondering if you had any ideas of what I should do to jazz this Tamagotchi up a bit! I know that the first thing I need to do is replace the buttons... however, the only spare buttons I have are white, black, yellow, or grey, and I don't feel that any of them match this Tamagotchi...

I want to remove the remains of the paint on the shell design; so far I've been scraping it off with a screwdriver but I've been looking for a better way... I don't have nail polish stuff or whatever it is and I'm not going to buy any just to remove the paint so are there any other ways? :p

Also note that I'm not a fan of the actual color of this Tamagotchi's shell... I don't think I want to paint the whole thing though, so maybe I'll just paint some sort of design over most of it?

What would you recommend doing with this Tamagotchi? :)

Unfortunately you need to buy nail polish remover. That is the only way you'll safely get the paint off, and it'll be a lot easier. You can get a small bottle of nail polish remover in pound stores here, so I imagine you will in dollar stores there.

I think white buttons might look okay with it?

You could try covering the screen and irDA with some form of non-adhesive tape and then use PVA glue to stick nice patterned torn pieces of paper onto it or something, you'd want to seal that with mod-podge or another glaze though. Just an idea.

MAKE SURE you get acetone-free nail polish remover. Acetone can and will melt and pit the plastic of the tamagotchi. It shouldn't be any more than 5$ for a bottle, and most likely less.

There are other Removers other then nail polish removers. If you have an eraser, if you rub it (it will take a while...) it will take the paint off. You could also rub it with your finger although eventually your finger might hurt...

After you get the stuff off, you can paint it with acrylic paints.

For the rubber, you can actually dry some playdoh or model magic from crayola. Although, I would put a clear coat or sealer over the piece of playdoh/model magic. Mod podge is best, but glue, nail polish (clear) and clear coat of paint should be fine. It just depends on what you have around the house or easily obtainable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back