Sign in to follow this  
milkymomonga

Protection for my Tamagotchi P's? Lanyards?

Hello everyone!! I'm new to TamaTalk, so it's lovely to meet you all! :D

I used to own a Tamagotchi as a child but I don't have much memory of that. A couple of summers ago, I started up a V4 and had so much fun!
I've decided to buy a Tamgotchi P's beause they are just so pretty. I am so excited, it should arrive really soon! ^_^

I was wondering - how much protection does my P's need? I do not want it to get scratched, but I am not really a fan of the crocheted cases. They are very pretty, but I personally prefer it without a case of any kind. How necessary are the crocheted cases? Do the P's scratch easily? I plan on giving it a screen protector, is that a good idea? I believe I will be carrying it on a lanyard most of the time.

I'd love to know your experiences with damage to your tamas and any advice would be great. Thank you all! :3

Also! Another quick question... Will the Yumemiru Change Ribbon lanyard be long enough to put around my neck? I am not really sure what kind of lanyard to buy. Thank you again! :)

The lanyard should be long enough. I would recommend the screen protector. Maybe consider a coin purse you like to cover it. The clear part can still be scratched easily enough. Camera cases work well too.

I personally don't like having my tamagotchi on a lanyard without a cover anymore. The colors in particular because they are expencive to replace if they get wet or hit hard on something. I don't like any of my tamas swinging around for that reason.

Btw, I would also recommend getting some Pierce pieces for your Tama P's. They add more fun, characters, items and games... Surprises a plenty.

Btw, I would also recommend getting some Pierce pieces for your Tama P's. They add more fun, characters, items and games... Surprises a plenty.

I got the Dream Coffret set, so I will have that pierce! ^_^ I plan on getting the Sanrio and Yumemiru change pierces. Oh, and I want the Love & Melody one too! :)

Thank you so much for your advice. I do have a coin pouch that is really soft that is perfect to keep it in when I don't have it on a lanyard. How do the lanyards attach to the tamagotchi?

I think like regular ones. I only have some tamagotchi lanyards that came with pouches from a while ago. I use a vynil pouch most of the time for my color tamas, if not my camera pouch. Being where I am, I don't want to chance rain getting on my tama if it decides to rain or snow.

I crochet covers for the tama p's and all color tama's everyone seems to love them ^.^ and they will protect for any scuffs or scratches dings and falls on the shells of them, I can make any design too <3

• Like 1

I make crochet covers and other crochet stuff as well. If you have a tumblr, visit my page: carolscrochetwonderland.tumblr.com ;)

Here's one I made a couple of days ago:
http://31.media.tumblr.com/0ca7aa7009b13a3465113a8529f1fb0e/tumblr_mvy1rpUowO1svv16vo1_1280.jpg
http://25.media.tumblr.com/ab6390873c535ea43308411d4b755099/tumblr_mvy1rpUowO1svv16vo2_1280.jpg

You can also find them in this topic: http://www.tamatalk.com/IB/topic/187621-covers-for-tamagotchis-and-other-virtual-pets/

Edited by Carol_tama
  • Like 1

I think it's pretty durable on its own although dust gets stuck under the plastic faceplate pretty easily. I have an iD L that my cat knocked over and all it's missing is the reset button. Not the same as a P's, but it's pretty close. I recommend you get a Tamadeko Pierce or two to fully enjoy your P's.

I was wondering - how much protection does my P's need? I do not want it to get scratched, but I am not really a fan of the crocheted cases. They are very pretty, but I personally prefer it without a case of any kind....

I make crochet covers and other crochet stuff as well. If you have a tumblr, visit my page: carolscrochetwonderland.tumblr.com ;)

Here's one I made a couple of days ago:

http://31.media.tumblr.com/0ca7aa7009b13a3465113a8529f1fb0e/tumblr_mvy1rpUowO1svv16vo1_1280.jpg

http://25.media.tumblr.com/ab6390873c535ea43308411d4b755099/tumblr_mvy1rpUowO1svv16vo2_1280.jpg

You can also find them in this topic: http://www.tamatalk.com/IB/topic/187621-covers-for-tamagotchis-and-other-virtual-pets/

I crochet covers for the tama p's and all color tama's everyone seems to love them ^.^ and they will protect for any scuffs or scratches dings and falls on the shells of them, I can make any design too

Sorry to disappoint you guys but she did mention in her first post that she is not a fan of crochet cases ;)