What movies (or scenes) scared you as a kid?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

FairyWars9

Reaction score
We all had those movies with certain scenes that made us scream or cry when we where a toddler or young kid, so I want to hear stories from other users about their experiences with movie scenes or an entire movie in general that bothered you back then, I'll go ahead and tell you mine which are pretty odd.

1. The scene in Lion King 1/2 where Timon is walking in the dark and hears something, it shows thick blades of grass then you hear a muffled roar in the distance and Timon starts running with dramatic music playing, then it shows a shadow that has white eyes and you hear that stupid roar again, fianlly it stops and it's revealed to be Pumbaa.. First time I saw this I bawled and screamed for my mom to shut it off, and after that when the scene came I called for my mom to fast forward through that scene. One time I was watching it with my cousins at my aunts house with no possible way to fast forward so I ran into my aunt's room and covered my ears. What I don't understand is that the 1st Lion King movie didn't bother me at all, espeically with Mufasa's death and everything. o.o

2. Where Bruce first appears in Finding Nemo. I always flipped out thinking he was going to jump out of the screen or something with those big teeth!! You gotta admit that his teeth look real.. My mom didn't have the real disc, she ripped them off Limewire or another P2P thing in two discs, and I always watched the 2nd disc cause that scene started with them getting off the turtles.

3. This scene didn't exactly make me scream or cry, however it did make me feel creeped out. The scene in Toy Story 2 where Woody has a dream of Andy abandoning him..I think all of us got creeped out by this scene regardless of age. All the toy hands didn't bother me, it was just when Andy said "Byeeee Woooddyyyyy!" that started to get creeped out. This scene was actually supossed to be in the original Toy Story but it was deleted. That version is WAY creepier and has roaches crawling on him. Knowing how I screamed in Wendy's once cause I saw a fly in the window this scene would've resulted in me flipping...VERY badly. o.o

Tommyknockers. Saw it way too young.

The gremlins. I thought they where in my bedroom.

The secret of nimh. Just pretty scary for an animation.

When I was about five HBO used to run this movie called Dot and the Kangaroo. Basic talking animal movie with animated characters over a live action background. But in the middle of the movie there's a sequence with a creature called the Bunyip. The animation style changes to what resembles animated cave paintings and there's this incredibly creepy song playing. That scared the crap out of me back then. After the first time I'd always leave the room when that part was about to start.

There was that one episode of Scooby Doo where there was that Indian (?) orange ghost with a tomahawk. He had a name, but I had no clue what was he called. I'm dying to see that episode again so if you know the name of the episode pls tell me, I want to see what used to creep me out so much as a kid lol.

Also, in the movie 101 Dalmatians (as the movie, not the animated one) where one of the bad guys ends up with a nut in his mouth from the exhaust pipe of a car, what makes him all black. I have no idea why it was creepy to me either.

Also that futuristic episode of Powerpuff Girls... I hated that one.

Last edited by a moderator:
All of the Goosebumps TV shows. They creeped me out as a kid.

The shining, that one didn't really scare me but I still watched it as a kid.

Contagion, I watched it last year and was 12 years old so I thought it wouldn't scare me, but the people with the blue feet and hands, all glass-eyed and foaming at the mouth, it really scared me. I couldn't go to sleep for the longest time...

The Lavender town Creepy Pasta story. The music itself scared me, but the story was pretty sick.

Haha movies don't really scare me in that way but when I first watched Tamagotchi: The Movie I cried a bit when I thought Mametchi got killed by the black hole. XP There are several other scenes in the Tamagotchi anime that make me cry, sometimes a LOT, but none of it is scary haha.

ok ok, so this is a song, but it scared me a lot, it was a poem about hypno...that voice...those lyrics...those pictures...seriously...that was some scary stuff...

also, i saw a picture of bulbasaur, charmander and squirtle with blood and no eyes, they were like zombies, didn't scare me but it was creepy O.O

Okay so like when I was really little I watched Spirited Away.

And when her parents got turned into pigs I was screaming and crying and freaking out. I hid in a cardboard box the rest of the movie. With my blanket and my pillow and my doll.

Reactions: Box
I'm not sure if anyone else knows about this movie, but when I was a little girl I loved this anime called Unico in the Island of Magic. It's about a baby unicorn who ends up in a forest and befriends a little girl named Cheri and they fight a wizard who is turning everyone in Cheri's village into "living puppets." Yeah, it's kind of a strange movie but I loved it as a kid and it's still one of my favorites.

Anyway, there's this scene where Unico and Cheri are being chased by some giant mechanical dragon who bellows out this startling, ungodly noise every so often. Maybe it was just how loud he was or something but that dragon scared the crap out of me. I watched this movie a million times as a kid and he scared me every single time even though I knew he was coming. Watching the movie in recent years though, he's not nearly as scary as I remember him being.

Also, Judge Doom from Who Framed Roger Rabbit? terrifies me even to this day. Those eyes, man...

When I was about five HBO used to run this movie called Dot and the Kangaroo. Basic talking animal movie with animated characters over a live action background. But in the middle of the movie there's a sequence with a creature called the Bunyip. The animation style changes to what resembles animated cave paintings and there's this incredibly creepy song playing. That scared the crap out of me back then. After the first time I'd always leave the room when that part was about to start.
That is a prime example of movie scenes that I absolutely was terrifed of. That dumb roaring sound, real background, slightly depressing music, and weird drawings that I couldn't recongize. I watched a clip of it and I felt a bit uneasy with the music and the roaring sound... :eek: THANK GOD I never encountered this movie until now or else...I dunno..

the movie about the little toaster scared me so bad. i don't remember why but whenever i think of it i internally cringe

//www.tamatalk.com/IB/applications/core/interface/js/spacer.png

The song of bunyip is pretty rad. The clip itself sure is creepy though... Groke from Mummins is nothing compared to that. (I think at least, I wasn't ever scared of Groke because I didn't watch cartoons for young children like ever...)

Also, about my weird indian ghost from Scooby Doo- apparently he was called Jeronimo and appeared in the episode with dog shows.

Some bridge part in Oliver and Company. Yesh.

Old school 90's Are You Afraid of the Dark and Goosebumps. At the time, I watched TV downstairs with no light in the main TV area because we children broke the light switch? Um ya... My sister did that messing around.

A tv show called Hector's House. I found their arms really disturbing, I can't actually remember what it was about but that's probably because I was to afraid to watch a single 5 minute episode. We kept all of our VHS tapes in a drawer and when you opened it you'd see the spine of Hector's House and I'd always start screaming and shouting. I never opened the drawer. I did look it up right now on Google images and started crying. I know I'm 15 but for some reason I still find it really scary.

Has anyone heard of a TV show called Crashbox? I watched it a lot as a kid, and it was one of those things that scared the crap out of me yet made me want to watch it more. It was creepy, but I still was so intrigued by it I always waited to watch the next episode. Next to Courage the Cowardly dog (that show is literally the definition of disturbing), it was one of the scariest TV shows I watched as a kid,

I actually don't remember being very afraid of Courage, I loved this show. Though the episode with Ramses was scary, I'll admit. And that floating head... But nothing of that terrified me more tha Jeronimo from Scooby Doo, lol.

The Goosebumps, though. At first I was TERRIFIED of it and I was always afraid to turn on the Fox Kids channel when I still wasn't aware of how time works. If I wanted to watch some cartoons from time to time (I was more of a Animal Planet watching kid) I would just ask my mom/sister if it's late or not because I was afraid I'll stumble upon it. Later I was very fascinated with it though and loved to watch it. I hated the episodes with the dolls though... And that one with a mask...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back