Pocket Breeder Race Horse

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chii_V2

Reaction score
I know I whimpered about this before, but I thought I'd try it again in case someone new is watching. I'm playing with my Pocket Breeder pet again, and I'm still as confused as before. I'm slowly starting to get the hang of some of the functions, but I wish I knew what to do when it came to training and racing. My horse seems to get sick after every training session and loses every race. My friend scanned the instructions, but they're in Japanese. Sorry the one page is tilted. If anyone has any ideas, tips, experiences, or can read this to me for storytime, I'd love to hear from you. Thanks in advance, peace, love and Tamagotchi.

PocketBreeder1_zps3fa8380b.png

PocketBreeder2_zps67bc8da8.png

I had a thread where I was trying to translate it, but sadly I need funds so I am selling it.

Basically the gist is you're raising a racing the son of a famous race horse. You take care of him and practice racing to get points to buy food and things to I guess better his health? Which i think in turn makes him run faster and better. The point of the game is to win the championship like his father.

That's what I'm thinking at least.

I remember when you and I talked about this before. Your guess is as good as mine when it comes to the story of the pet, but yours sounds good. I just wish I knew what more of the stats meant, like if there was some sort of trick to training so your horse doesn't get sick after every training session. I've gotten game over so many times because I run out of points.

Sadly I don't have the time to translate it. :( There used to be a member here who could read Japanese I thought? But I dunno if she's logged on for a bit of time.

That's why I posted this again, just in case that other someone was around, or someone else who has a Breeder. Just curious... are you currently selling yours? Like on ebay? Because I recently stumbled on one, newly listed.

Hang on a sec, I just checked the link in your signature Midorime, and the world just got a whole lot smaller. I found your breeder as well as your other for sale pet oddities and I'm eyeballing them.

Last edited by a moderator:
Haha, truly is a small world, no? And yes, newly listed, too.

I decided to hold onto it for now. When I get time again after all this mass studying, I'll see if I can pick it up again. I'm playing it a bit now and just realized how complex it really it, right down to the types of medical treatment you can give.

Sorry to triple post but have no choice....

Been playing around with it again and have found out that after 4+ days of no care, the horse is alive. It literally will not die. I now understand the point of this game: you have a limited set of points for various actions, either to feed, train, or cure/heal, as well as betting on racing. When these points are used up, you lose. If you win the tourney and get enough points back, you win the 'game.' It's not a true virtual pet but more of a point micromanager. And the options in the beginning are something like physical traits. They make certain things either or harder.

Might end up selling it afterall. I need the money and now since it cannot die and I've figured it out, it's lost it's charm. Shame, really.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back