Help with screen!

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

aquaedge

Reaction score
I have a Dinkie Dino that just suddenly stopped working. It was working fine for weeks!

I'm not sure what it is that's wrong but I have put new batteries in and even gone as far as removing the back to see if anything was messed up but I don't know enough about these things to know if anything is wrong. Nothing appears to be wrong or out of place though.

Absolutely nothing reacts on the screen so I'm assuming it's where you put the batteries. Or something died.

Can anyone help?

It would help a lot if you could post pictures, or describe what the screen looks like. Is it completely blank yet still makes sound? If it is, try opening it up all te way to the screen. If it has a little square that seems to serve no purpose and can come out easily, try taking it back out. You can try retightening all the screws :) i learned this from tamagotchi, by we all could help if you posted pictures and/or gave a description :)

Screws could be loose or too tight. That tends to mess with screens. It also depends on the environment you keep it in, if say a super hot car all the time, or out in the frigid cold.

No, the screen isn't turning on at all. It's completely blank, no twitches or anything when I insert the batteries. No sound as far as I'm aware. I will listen closer when I put the batteries in again (am partially deaf).

I will try to get pictures up as soon as I can find another screwdriver small enough to get those tiny screws.

Did anything get spilled on it? Did you drop it?

You can try taking off the back and putting the Dinkie Dino close to your ear while pressing buttons. If you hear anything, it (obviously) means the Dinkie Dino is still 'slightly' alive.

Last edited by a moderator:
Okay... This is weird. If you don't hear any sound, try taking a video of it when you try pressing the buttons. Did anything happen to it, did you open it before it started having the problems, or did you drop it or spill anything on it?

Also, make sure the contacts are making contact with the battery!

did you put in the batteries the correct way? because one battery needs to be with the flat side facing up, and the other battery needs the "round" side to face up. Mine also had a blank screen, then i saw how to put the batteries in correctly, this is how you put them in correctly (or maybe the other way around, idk):

battery.png

i hope this helps!

Interesting. I will try that with the batteries! I haven't spilled anything on it or dropped it. It literally just turned off one day and hasn't come back on since No sound at all. I will try the battery thing when I get home.

I do remember having it turn off on me a couple of times while it was working. I'd tap the back but nothing too forceful. It'd come back on. Then one day, like I said, it just turned off. I assumed it was the batteries.

Thanks for the help though guys. I'm sorry I'm not getting back to you quickly. Had my finals a while back and now work is piling up!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back