Travelling in a hot car with Tamas?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kiruu

Reaction score
I plan to take my ID L with me up to Queensland when I go there for the Christmas holidays, but of course I'll be going by car. Here's the thing: A stuffy car does get quite hot (up to 5-8 degrees hotter than outside at times, and Queensland is normally much warmer than Sydney) and I'm worried about accidentally cooking my ID L or having the batteries explode, especially when the pouch I keep them in is padded and fleecy from the outside and will therefore likely quite warm in extreme heat.

This goes for my Tamagotchi P's as well since it's one of my Christmas presents. Would it be safer for me to take out and store the batteries away from my Tamas or would they be fine as they are? If so, how should I store them so they don't get damaged?

Note that both sets of course are AAA batteries, one set is rechargeable (ID L) and the other set are the originals that come with the toy by default (P's).

Also note that the batteries in the Tamagotchi P's will not be in the toy until I actually get it on Christmas day, travelling up they'll stay in the box, and my dads car boot is covered so our luggage will not be in direct sunlight, and yes, our air conditioner does work so it'll probably be on most of the trip.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think they'll be fine! If you want to take out the batteries while you travel, just to be safe, you can.

I've been on 8 hour drives from Sydney and my Tama's are usually fine, and I didn't have an air conditioner running in the car because we had the window open most of them time. I might suggest you keep in a little pouch to keep it safe from the sun though

I use fleece pouches sometimes. I keep them in there sleeping if I plan on being in extreme hot or cold for a long time. Then check on them inside. If you do check on them, it should be fine. Taking them in a lunch box type will protect it. No icepack needed. Now, if you plan on leaving it in the car, don't. Its better to take it with you, even if it seems hotter. It takes only a little bit to make the car hotter then outside because the glass attracts it... Maginifies it.

Try having the window down if your car can do that. Just be sure to hold onto your tama with a lanyard or somethin :3

put them under a white blanket, stuff with a white colour will absorb warmth less well, unlike dark coloured objects, like black (black absorbs warmth a lot)

try putting a fan in the car

leave the window open if possible(watch out you don't get a cold, though!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back