What kind of a collector are you?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Why do you collect?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Eternal Mametchi Fan

Reaction score
I decided to make a poll asking what kind of a collector you are. :) You may also post in this topic; I'm curious about the Tamagotchi collections of other people - what they collect and why, and whether they play with their collections. Remember you can choose more than one answer in the questions! For example, in the first question, if you collect both Tamagotchis and other pets, you can choose them both. ;D

Personally I collect Tamagotchi virtual pets and merchandise; I've actually got more stickers, plushes, manga, and other stuff than Tamagotchis themselves. :p I'm not into other pets or oddpets or whatever they are called since I'm such a fan of the Tamagotchi anime and characters, which makes the Tamagotchi virtual pets even more enjoyable.

When I was 8 - 12 I wasn't caring about packaging. I threw most of it away. I kept some of it but I cut the pictures of the characters out and stuck them on paper. -_- Now I keep all my packaging, but I play with ALL my Tamagotchis and merchandise. Out of my 38 Tamagotchis the only one I haven't played with is the white Tama-Go, which I got second hand. I'm planning on giving it to my brother but if he doesn't want it I will most definitely run it. I usually put my Tamagotchis back in their packaging when I'm not running them, but sometimes I'm too lazy.

The reason I collect is a little...personal. I do love them, but perhaps a little too much... Tamagotchi brings me so much happiness I have literally become addicted to it and I need to purchase more stuff without thinking to play with or else I suspect I'll go crazy. I'm nuts. <_< Sometimes I tackle running 10+ Tamagotchis and it's difficult, and takes a lot of my time, but it is very calming for me and makes me more mentally stable in a way. I also play with my babyish Tamagotchi toys like paint-with-water books and talking Yumecantchi plush...I'm obsessed. ._. I better stop ranting now, but yeah, Tamagotchis are a big part of my daily life which is why I can't resist collecting more. :p

Last edited by a moderator:
I just came back into tamagotchis and i only had my old V1 and V3. but 2 days ago, i got my iD L and soon my tamagotchi friends.

after that, i want to buy a P's for my birthday next year and then trying to buy at least one tmgc from each version.

Sometimes I tackle running 10+ Tamagotchis.
I read a few times, that you are running all of your tamagotchis at the same time. when i saw at your profile how big your collection is, i thought "thats crazy" XD

but now i know you are "only" running 10 ;) it's defenatly quite much, but not as mus as running all of them ^___^

I just came back into tamagotchis and i only had my old V1 and V3. but 2 days ago, i got my iD L and soon my tamagotchi friends.

after that, i want to buy a P's for my birthday next year and then trying to buy at least one tmgc from each version.

I read a few times, that you are running all of your tamagotchis at the same time. when i saw at your profile how big your collection is, i thought "thats crazy" XD

but now i know you are "only" running 10 ;) it's defenatly quite much, but not as mus as running all of them ^___^
I did run all of them once, but that was when I only had 17. I start and stop new ones frequently. At the moment I'm only running 6 but I've recently run 14. :p

I love this poll!

Wanted to add a few tiny details to my vote even though they don't really matter... I keep packaging except for the connections - all of that goes straight in the bin, although I do keep the instruction manuals and tabs. I just don't find the connection packages to be all that charming or aesthetically pleasing, especially with the rough edges after you cut through the seal. I do keep packages from Japanese connections, but peel off all sticky tape so dust doesn't stick.

I'm not interested whatsoever in having a big collection (though it's probably getting there), or even buying one of every version that exists (I'm looking at you, yasashii & home deka). If I buy several of the same version, it's because I like that version and/or the shell is pretty. I could easily complete, say, my morino set but I haven't bought the 4th because I don't like the shell. I don't collect merchandise (except for vintage cases and puzzles), but like you I use all my tamagotchis. I think I understand why some enjoy keeping their collection mint and there's nothing wrong with that, but for me, I buy them to play with. And if they're expensive or rare, then it's just begging to be ripped out of the packaging the very instant it arrives :p I better stop ranting too lol.

I collect tamagotchis and I want to have both every version possible and the biggest collection. I don't care about version duplicates. Also, I play with all, I don't have enough money to spare to buy something to leave it mint in package. I do keep the packages though when I can and keep tamas in them when I don't use them.

I care about my collection so much I'm even vary about trading them because that would mean one tamagotchi less, thereotically, as I could have both if I bought one instead. Trading my TF was a special case.

Humm...

I would like to have one of each version someday but that is a long expencive road. I want to atleast have one of each American version. Not shells, just versions. I think I am pretty happy with my current collection. Some, I never thought I would own. Like my TamaColor iDs, I feel very lucky for them. I am very thankful for knowing my first tama p2 with it still working and my collection of digital pets.

I sure want a big collection one day but for now I only want the versions that attract me most. Playing with Tamagotchis make me happy... so happy. I love it so much...

i started playing with Tamagotchis when i was 15 and started to seriously collect them when i was 21. that was ten years ago and i've amassed a lovely collection since then. i kept the packaging for my Angelgotch and Akai, since they were Japanese, but the only other Tama boxes i've had were for Connections, which i threw in the bin because they're not pretty and very common. i keep the instructions though. i love collection Tamagotchis because they're something that makes me very happy and nostalgic, and because they're really fun. i've had times where i've run 5+ pets at a time, but right now i'm only focusing on one (soon to be two once i get another battery though). i'd really like to have all the different coloured Angel Tamagotchis in my collection, because they are my favourite, but i'm pretty happy with the two that i already have. i'm 31 now and i don't think i'll ever stop collecting, or sell my collection. it means too much to me.

I am not a shell collector. Sure, I try to get a Tamagotchi where the shell is pretty, but I get a Tamagotchi for its gameplay and to acquire every version in existence. If I get bored with one version, I can switch to another one, easy peasy. I'm more likely to replay a Tama if it's the only one I have rather than just pick a color and ignore the other one. I want to be a Tama parent where favoritism is the least of my problems. :p

When I first started collecting, I discarded all the boxes because it was a waste of space I didn't have at the time. I still don't have the space, but this time I keep the boxes in a box atop a shelf in my closet and the Tamagotchis in a Pocky (a Japanese chocolate snack) handbag on my bookshelf. Most of them are in crochet covers I accumulated, but few are still unprotected. Most of the Connections I collected were bought without instructions or boxes. I only have instructions for the V3, V4.5, and V5, and of course the color Tamas which I bought brand new (except for the ID L 15th anniversary, but it had the box and instructions). I would keep a large collection if I could of all shells and all versions, but I rather play with them than keep them imprisoned in a box somewhere.

I try to get as many as I can. I'd probably have more if I just collected Tamas, but I collect electronic pets in general and I love Furby as much as I do Tamagotchi. I have more Furbys than I do Tamas.

Well I'd say I have 2 main goals in my collecting.

1. I want at least 1 of every version

2. I want to get a lot of different, cute shell designs for the versions I love the most

I pretty much just want to end up with a huge selection so I can run any version and design I want whenever I want

I love having a lot of option!

But then I end up never knowing what to run lol

I look for Tamagotchi that offer the most in terms of gameplay

so I've had several Connections in the past, along with a couple o' ancestors and odd pets

Just like Box I look for Tamas in terms of gameplay, but I wouldn't hesitate to get one if it was cheap enough as I adore them. As for packaging I've recently started keeping them. My ID L's packaging sits on a nightstand in my room and I've told my parents to take great care when storing the box for my P's as I won't be able to use it till Christmas. They think I'm a bit weird especially because they see all Tamas as being the same thing, but its good that they respect my wishes, I guess. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back