Hatch! Talk

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr. Tama

Reaction score
Information about the virtual pet iOs app, Hatch!

Basically, Hatch! consists of a virtual pet called a fugu. They can be personalized to be your favorite color, and hatch from an egg much like a tamagotchi would. They may have various markings present from birth. This include stripes and spots in either a lighter or darker shade of the color designated as your favorite color when the app was first run on your iOs device. In some rare cases, the markings may be a different color than the main color specified. Like tamagotchis, they need to be fed and played with. They will be disappointed and run away if not fed or petted for 2+ days. The trust level you build by caring for it will correlate to the percentage chance of your fugu being found, under such circumstances. They show affection when petted. You can stretch or pinch their faces, and they will jump, dance, or play peekaboo from time to time. Just like tamagotchis, fugus will beg your attention, and you'll occasionally need to clean up their poop.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have an early adopter Fugu! ^_^

I hope they add more features, though... I only open it once a day to feed it and that last about 20 seconds :/

I have an early adopter Fugu! ^_^

I hope they add more features, though... I only open it once a day to feed it and that last about 20 seconds :/
If you build up trust by feeding it more often and cleaning up after it, and/or playing with it or petting it, once you gain its full trust, you can play peekaboo. Also, if you hold the sticker book partway up the screen, your fugu will jump to try to be seen over the notebook, Or, when feeding, hold the fruit above your fugu's head to have it jump for the fruit before consuming it.

If you sit and watch it long enough, it'll do goofy stuff like lick its paw, yawn, wink, fart, make faces, blow kisses, giggle, and more.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have an early adopter Fugu! ^_^ I hope they add more features, though... I only open it once a day to feed it and that last about 20 seconds :/
They will be adding more features in the next update, which should happen sometime in the next few weeks. It looks like they are developing a feature where users can play fetch with their fugus, from the teasers they have posted in their Facebook page, which is run by the programmer behind the game.

The person from before hadn't gotten the update, because it hadn't come out yet. But, yes, you can play Fetch in the current version.

My fugu is light blue with a sky blue spot over her left eye. Her name is Lucy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back