Holiday traditions?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Amat Gotchi

Reaction score
Just wondering what all you guys do for your holidays (Christmas, Hanukkah, etc.).

I go cross country to visit my family.

Also, I like to drive with my mom at night through the suburbs and look at all the people's outrageous Christmas decorations (lights are fun!!). I kind of feel like a stalker for driving past strangers' houses at 5mph and shining my headlights into their windows, but whatever.

i take my kids down to their grand parents to open their presents and thanks to Santa for being so understanding he delivers there ^.^ and than i make a dish called geeba that takes 3 days to make, its so delicious <3 we also go to the family trip to the tree farm to pick out both our trees <3 i think the christmas holiday is the biggest one for the family hehe :3

My husband and I drive down to Illinois with my immediate family (mom and two sisters) to my grandma's house where we celebrate the 24th with my mom's family. It's such a cozy night: dinner, present opening and dessert. It's my favorite holiday to celebrate with my family.

On the 25th, my husband and I go to his family's house to open presents.

Then my birthday is on the 27th and my husband's birthday is on the 31st. The celebrations continue on all the way through January 1st every year! I love the whole season. :wub:

I generally go to New Zealand for Christmas and my family spend Christmas Day on our favourite beach. However, I don't actually have any relatives here, although most of my friends live here. :D

its not really a tradition, but it may become one this year.

We're inviting my Great Aunt over for a week (or two) and she'll have Christmas with us :3

It's so nice to have her, since she lives alone and what not. This'll be her first Chirstmas (in a long time) that she can be with family :3

Last edited by a moderator:
We invite my grandma down to open gifts in the morning. Then eat breakfast and then deliver gifts to my neices/nephews. It used to be them come over here but our main room we hang in is sorta packed full with only a few adults in the room.

as for christmas morning we always go down to the house to open gifts with my kids grammie and grampie, thats where santa delivers there presents than after that we have our ham breakfast, and than get ready for the family party...every christmas eve we have a huge christmas party and have tons of food and celebrations ^.^

My family doesn't do much for Christmas anymore. We go to my stepaunt's house for dinner and my mom brings the dessert. After we eat I go downstairs and play video games with the kids while the adults sit upstairs and talk about boring adult things. I don't get to open any presents because my parents claim I'm "too old" for presents and have been since I turned 18, but I get to watch all the kids open theirs at least.

We invite my cousins over for Christmas Eve, and we drive to City Centre just to see the Christmas trees and the shops. Then, we sleep and the next day we open our presents in the morning and play some games. That night, we call some more friends over and have a Christmas Dinner.

Oh... And I also find a random toy in my room and use it as the tree topper. Our other angels always fall... This year, I placed my Star Catcher MLP with fabric wings on it. Not sure if it will stay since most of the time its one of my dolls. Lol.

Well, since I live away from home, I usually travel a few days before Christmas. It's painful - travelling in Australia during summer with no air-conditioning in the car is the worst.

Tomorrow (23rd December) my boyfriend and I are celebrating our own Christmas together. We usually go out to a nice restaurant for lunch and then we return home to exchange presents. After this, we say our goodbyes and we travel to our respective homes. We usually have to cart a million presents home for our parents - we spoil them!

When I was younger, Christmas Eve was spent babysitting my younger cousins whilst their parents were shopping for extra presents. I used to LOVE this! But since they have gotten older, there's no need to babysit. I now spend the time mucking around the house with my cat and budgie, and helping Mum with all the shopping and making desserts for the next day.

Mum always wakes Dad and I up horrendously early on Christmas Day. Like, 6am. I usually get out straight away, or she will dive bomb into my bed, and last time she did that, my bed collapsed and Dad had to put it back together. We then open out presents and get ready to visit my Mum's side of the family for the day.

On the 26th (Boxing Day in Australia) we spend the day with my Dad's family. We have a massive lunch at my Aunts house and we all catch up.

I no longer get presents from extended family - except my Aunt Judy, who always gives me soap. Every. Year. :p

Yes, my Christmas is usually crazy hectic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back