Sign in to follow this  
Tamacass

V5 keeps reseting...? EMERGENCY!

Ok, so it happened today. My V5 (Familitchi) called because it wanted to play with an instrument. I let it play with one, then it makes a noise and resets itself! I tried doing it again (Entering the date, time and birthday) but it keeps on reseting! Any help? :( this is desperate!

-Tamacass

EDIT: It started working again. I'm still worried if it might reset again in the future. Any ideas?

Edited by Tamacass

Could it be that the little rubber reset button was stuck under the shell? I tend to get that sometimes, and if you don't notice it, it could become frustrating.

Well I'm not sure,but it could be that the batteries are low.you should change the batteries

This happened a lot with my Version 5. I took the reset button out and it stopped doing it for a while. But a loose battery can also cause the reset screen to pop up, so maybe put in a small piece of card or a folded bit of paper between the battery and plastic back so that the battery stays put.

hmm, my v5 reset itself too recently, but after changing the batteries, i don't know how this happened though, maybe like emf said, you need to secure the battery in place?

Mine does that too, my first v5. was it used or new?

Sadly, this happens a lot with v5's. One in three v5 owners have had this issue.

It may be the battery. I've found that to be the cause of resetting on the V5 and V5C. Try it.

Malfoy Edit: Please refrain from using extremely large fonts.

Really too bad we can't debug the V5... anyone tried Rom testing? :S

Edited by Itsumo-nana

You can debug the v5!! I've done it plenty of times

My V5 and 5.5 both deleted my family and randomly reset when the battery was low. A new battery fixed it.

Edited by KuroiNeko-Chan

This keeps happening to my V5 too and I have no idea why? :huh:

This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By KidRetro64
      I just started up My Tamagotchi, and I had 2 of the Right LR44 Batteries. We out Both in, And it made a beep and the Clock came on. My Dad tried to Put the Battery Cover Back, And when he thought he did, 2 Big Black lines came on the side of the screen. I got really worried, and he Took the batteries out again. They were still there! Tried resetting, then they eventually started to fade. But now, we’re still trying and trying to get the screen on, by taking the batteries in and out, resetting. But nothings happening. It’s a Usatama Disney, And I got it used from JYW. I’m really disappointed, and I’m really worried. Tell me if I’m doing anything wrong, but the Batteries are also very jiggly in the case.
    • By Gaia_tamagotchi
      So I recently bought a used entama and because I don't read Japanese I'm still figuring it out but anyway I have only had it a couple of weeks and it has  kept saying that the battery has run out. But when I press the reset button it's fine! Until a couple of hours later it dose the same thing?!? Is it just my tama? Is that common for old used and beaten up tamas? Thank you for taking the time to read xxx
    • By OneSummerDream
      I’ve experienced some strange things while running my 2018 Gen 2 Tamagotchi:
      The first time, my Tamagotchi was acting really weird. During the number game the sound effects were way too loud, to the point where the device shook in my hand... It also randomly died on day 3 instead of growing into the next stage, despite all meters being full and not being sick or anything.
      The second time around, everything seemed fine. Then, I got Zuccitchi despite having all meters full. The only care miss was putting it to bed late once. When I checked to see what went wrong, to my surprise the discipline bar had dropped all the way to zero despite having it full the night prior.
      Going off these two failed runs, it looks like my Tamagotchi is having a software issue where it doesn’t detect the Tamagotchi being cared for/randomly deletes meters I’ve filled.

Is anyone else having problems with their 2018 P2s? Bandai seems to be having quality control issues with this version.
    • By Susan Winterwall
      Hi guys! It's so great to be a part of this forum. I wanted to share with you that I recently bought a Tamagotchi and I'm very happy about it as I haven´t owned one since I was 15. I now have kids and they are starting to like them as much as I did when I was a kid! I had bought ones a few years ago from a big distributor, but they were fake and absolute garbage.

I'm from Canada. I want to order more, where do you usually buy them? Do you have other suggestions? Thanks
    • By Lucky
      Hello! I am a long time lurker of TamaTalk, it's helped me through many a difficult times in the past, so thank you for that! I just made an account so that I could ask a question, since I haven't seen anything like this online before.
      I have a Tamagotchi Connection V4.5 with a 3 year old Oyajitchi. He's the 8th generation and I consider myself pretty well-versed in the ways of the Tamagtochi V4.5 by now. My dad also has a Tama, and we bring them together to play all the time. I decided I wanted to give his Tama a present, so I wrapped up a piece of Pizza and sent it over. But the Pizza never showed up. It wasn't a huge deal since it's not like Pizza is rare or expensive, but still kind of disappointing. I decided to try again and this time wrapped up a Muffin. This time it gave me a "list full" error, even though my list wasn't full. I tried to delete an Ice Cream, but it didn't delete. I tried 3 times, and I found out it deleted my Fish, my Pasta, and my Cereal! Scone, Sushi, Bread and Cereal are the 4 basic items that don't run out, and I've never been able to delete it before, so I'm really confused why deleting an Ice Cream deleted my Pasta, Fish and my (I thought) undeletable Cereal. Another weird thing is that when I go to wrap/delete another item, it shows me Fish and Pasta(which I no longer have) and then 8 Ball items in the Food section. Ball isn't a food, I don't have 8 Balls, and I don't have Fish or Pasta anymore!
      In summary, a weird glitch deleted my basic Cereal item. Is there any way to get it back?
      Thank you for your time!
    • By Jade27
      It's the first annual Tama-thon marathon!

Goals

1. Hatch as many different types of Tamagotchi versions as possible.

2. Hatch as many Tamagotchi’s as possible

Here is a list of all the Tamagotchi releases.

https://en.wikipedia...gotchi_releases

Here are the rules.

1. You can hatch multiple Tamagotchis

(no need to reset just, put your Tamagotchi on pause on the baby stage so you are ready to join on the hatch dates)

2. The start date is March 24th and the end date is March 26th.

This means if you want to hatch 3 tamas for this group then you have to hatch them between those dates.

(This way it won't be hard to care for 3 babies and toddlers at once)

4. Tell us the Tama(s) you're going to hatch and on what day. (March 24th-26th)

5. Have lots of fun!

I'm announcing this hatch a month and ½ before because I hope to get some super rare Tamagotchis in this hatch! ALSO, people might need to stock up on batteries before the hatch.

I will hatch…

An IDL, three Tamagotchi P’s and a Tamagotchi Friends on the 24th

V3, V4, V4.5, V5 and 5.5 Celebrity on the 25th

An angel, two tamagos and a music star V6 on the 26th

I have an Ocean, but I think I would have to cut back to only hatching 3 tamas at the most because the Oceans are SO needy. Anyway if no one wants to hatch an ocean I will change my hatching list. This is a tentative list. The day before I will post an official chart of who is joining and what will be hatched. Everyone has plenty of time to change their mind.

I will message everyone a few days before as a reminder.