Another one

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

FairyWars9

Reaction score
OK I've found another Tama fakie, or ripoff. Here it is....

dino1.jpg

It's a weird one, I've never seen it in my entire life although it kinda looks like a Dinkie Dino ripoff. Any thoughts on what this might be!?!

It's not a fake or rip off, it is a different pet altogether, a Tamakaci Dino. (I think that's how it's spelled.)

Please remember that 'fakes' are ones that look almost exactly like a certain virtual pet, and are marketed as such, but have different programming. An example would be a pet that has a Tamagotchi shell, says Tamagotchi on the package, but doesn't have the Bandai logo and is a completely different pet in the programming. V4s are common as fakes.

Just because it's not a Tamagotchi it doesn't mean you should give a warning :p Its pretty common actually and people bid on it so I think its not a bad copy or anything

I don't like how the name of the pet has "Tama" in it though...obviously derived from "Tamagotchi". :rolleyes:
Some pets have "tama" and some have "gotchi" however there's no copyright on just one part of the name. As stated on the Wiki:

The name "Tamagotchi" officially comes from the words "tamago", which means "egg", and the English word "watch"

A common but incorrect theory is that "tamago", and "tomodachi", which means "friend", or a combination of "tamago" and "chi" which translates to "cute" or "lovable".

Other pets share a similar name, like Tamakaci, Petogotchi, Tamagochan, etc. If it's a different pet and the name is changed enough, it doesn't violate copyright. But I'm sure a majority of people know what a Tamagotchi is based on appearance, versus an odd pet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back