Most Overrated Tamagotchi?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Eternal Mametchi Fan

Reaction score
What do you think is the most "overrated" Tamagotchi virtual pet? You can name other virtual pets too if you like.

There is a lot of hype about the P's but I personally wouldn't call it overrated because of how many features it has, even though it's not my favorite.

I think the Angelgotchi is probably one of the most overrated Tamagotchis.

It's fun but the buttons are very, very slow in responding. Also, it's not very good how the snacks don't increase happiness and you have to play the game. I never feed snacks on my other vintages, but only because the games are easy and I can play them without even looking at the screen lol. If the Angelgotchi had an easier game like the other vintages do it would be better. :) It is easy to lose the Angelgotchi game. XP

What do you think? :blink:

Sorry but I just can't not say it I think the tamagotchi friends is the most overrated tamagotchi ever. people that like it seem overly obsessed with the fact it's a new English tamagotchi but does it really deserve the hype for being a version so lacking in potential? the Tama p's could crush in seconds. Seriously people are all "it's amazing and so fun" when all the evidence shows it's really not that great maybe it will get better as it's yet to see a global release and tamatown will add to it in fun but it's not like you can stay on tamatown forever.

Can you buy items: no

Can you dress it up:no

Can you unlock destinations:no

Can you put downloads on it:no

Does it have event systems:no

Can you make items for it:no

Can you add on more characters:no

Can you transform characters:no

Does it have a backlit screen: no

Can you change backgrounds: no

Can you change icon backgrounds: no

And so on..

I seriously think the p's can seem overrated at times too as I do get bored of it from time to time but I'm the kind of person that gets bored of things and then a few weeks later is back to being obsessed over it.

People will detest this and be all like "no" "your wrong it's amazing" but seriously?

I do however agree the Tama angel is overrated too though I got bored of it after a while it has no real essence to keep you excited after a while it looks cool though.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd say atm TF as well. I said why I think so so many times in different topics that I don't think I need to say it here as well.
Also, I don't agree with the P's, cause I find it entertaining all the time and I don't even have pierces except for dream coffret one which I do not use. But that might be because of the fact that I have also iD and iD L running and connecting them is a lot of fun. :)

I think the Angelgotchi is probably one of the most overrated Tamagotchis.

It's fun but the buttons are very, very slow in responding. Also, it's not very good how the snacks don't increase happiness and you have to play the game. I never feed snacks on my other vintages, but only because the games are easy and I can play them without even looking at the screen lol. If the Angelgotchi had an easier game like the other vintages do it would be better. :) It is easy to lose the Angelgotchi game. XP

What do you think? :blink:
nope nope nope nope

the buttons are suit ok, they aren't "very, very slow" and how would you expect to increase angel power otherwise? :p it makes it even more special :)

i'd say the TF is overrated, like carol said. i still want one though! :)

*quoted off topic comments removed*

And ladies and gentlemen I give you your proof on why the TF is the most overrated version ever!

If you didn't figure it out it's the fact everyone is saying it's amazing just to gain the hype this version doesn't deserve

**Gestures at tamafan325, furbitchi, Carol_Tama, and bluecheesemonkey**

Proof that Tamagotchi Friends is underrated! ^_^

*quoted off topic comments removed*

Again this ver doesn't deserve the hype some people give it Tamagotchi p's I think is more underrated in comparison. But this topic is about overrated versions not underrated ones. (ToT)/~~~

After seeing the videos of how the TF looks and plays, I'd have to agree that TF is overrated.

It's only being relentlessly defended and complimented (in my opinion) because it's an English tama and because of the extremely slim potential that good sales for TF may lead to color English tamas.

The content and quality seems extremely lacking on the device, and everyone besides the few collectors/die-hard fans seems to hate it (referencing the reviews poping up on Amazon).

It's a shame, but it's true. :c

Um, I don't know. Maybe the Angelgotchi, because I've seen it in videos and it doesn't look all that great. But, they still do look fun! >w<

Tamagotchi Friends

I still want one though, its a little worse than the TamaGo maybe, no backgrounds and no figures. Just pointless jewellery

After seeing the videos of how the TF looks and plays, I'd have to agree that TF is overrated.
It's only being relentlessly defended and complimented (in my opinion) because it's an English tama and because of the extremely slim potential that good sales for TF may lead to color English tamas.

The content and quality seems extremely lacking on the device, and everyone besides the few collectors/die-hard fans seems to hate it (referencing the reviews poping up on Amazon).

It's a shame, but it's true. :c
THANK YOU!!!! That's what I've been trying to say for weeks

Tamagotchi Friends in in a weird shade- I won't say it is underrated, but majority still hates it, more or less.

I don't really think the Tamagotchi Friends is that overrated. Sure it has bad reviews, but so has other version. All version have their flaws, and so does the Tamagotchi Friends. I can get the reason why everyone is like "Tamagotchi Friends isn't good! Worst version ever!" but that's how everyone was like with the TamaGo, after they got the version. It just confuses me that some people are getting to conclusions without buying the actual device, and are rather taking a strangers word for it. But because everyone is talking about it, I feel like its receiving a lot of popularity. Maybe not in a good way, but slowly more and more people are hearing about it.

I think that the most overrated Tamagotchi was the Tamago. As much as I really love this version, I can pick out why. Well, first off the thing is pretty huge. More than it should be. It is sort of double the size of an iD, which is kinda annoying. Secondly, they made the figures about 10$, which was a big steal. I mean, the first wave figures were like recycled games from the old versions. Like for example, they had manhole on the V4.5, and they had it on the Violetchi Figure. This was kinda changed on the second wave figures, but they had recycled games from the FIRST wave figures. It didnt really make any sense. Also, the growth chart was completely random. I got a Kikitchi with full training, and full friendship. Yet on the unofficial growth chart, it predicted I would get Mametchi. So that is another thing that annoys me.

- TamaTamatchi

I've noticed that mostly Polish people didn't like the v5, I hardly see anyone being dissapointed with the v5 on this forum or TZ, so I'd say v5 too. I liked to run it but it really isn't that great. Could have been better.

I've noticed that mostly Polish people didn't like the v5, I hardly see anyone being dissapointed with the v5 on this forum or TZ, so I'd say v5 too. I liked to run it but it really isn't that great. Could have been better.
What ruined it for me was the fact all items and food can be obtained by just imputing a code instead if working for it in tamatown plus it's nearly impossible to earn a decent amount if money the 3 characters was a good concept and it encouraged bandai all over the world to make Tama a global family toy (and finally increased the screen size) but yeah they could've done more which I think they did with the v5.5 it seems like a better improvement.

The V5.5 was an improvement for sure, but the fact that all items can be obtained from codes makes it much less fun. It's a shame because the animations on the V5 and V5.5 are gorgeous.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back