How easily can the gems come off the P's?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Zzgs

Reaction score
I want to get one of the tamagotchi P's, but I absolutely despise those stupid gems on it (sorry to anybody that likes them :p ). I know they are on the outside of the shell, so I was wondering if I could peel em off. Are they part of the plastic or were they glued on?

well they don't come off too easily... although I've never tried... but they haven't fallen off of mine on their own so i would assume that they used a type of adhesive to keep them on there... I bet if you tried you could get them off with some effort

No they won't come off. The entire faceplate is a single sheet of plastic and the "gems" are formed by the illusion of the embossed parts of the plastic and the colours are embedded below it.

You can't

the "gems" are apart of the plastic mold. they arent even gems at all. just bumps in the plastic basically.

you could snad them down if you really wanted. but they cannot be taken off.

Aww dang :(

Does anybody know if the faceplate can pop off? With my IDL the front of it popped off as it was only held in with double faced tape :rolleyes: . I'm currently working on making custom fronts for my IDL (I made a mold). Perhaps I would be able to do the same with the P's?

Does anybody know if the faceplate can pop off? With my IDL the front of it popped off as it was only held in with double faced tape :rolleyes: . I'm currently working on making custom fronts for my IDL (I made a mold). Perhaps I would be able to do the same with the P's?
Are you sure your Tamagotchi is an iD L? o.o' There are some Tamagotchi Friends designs that looks like iD L's and their faceplates can come off.

Is there a way to do that on a p's I really wanna just take it off with ought destroying my p's
Try just inserting your fingernail in between the body and the faceplate. Work it all the way around and pry it up a bit. If it's like the IDL, it should pop off eventually, but do be careful. You might have to clean up some leftover adhesive, but it's not too bad.

Note: I have only done this with IDL and I am not sure how it would affect the P's so attempt at your own risk :wacko:

Last edited by a moderator:

It cannot. I've tried and when I was able to further inspect it. its in place with microscopic nails/ pegs. so unless you want to break it, there is no way to "pop" it off.

Try just inserting your fingernail in between the body and the faceplate. Work it all the way around and pry it up a bit. If it's like the IDL, it should pop off eventually, but do be careful. You might have to clean up some leftover adhesive, but it's not too bad.

Note: I have only done this with IDL and I am not sure how it would affect the P's so attempt at your own risk :wacko:
The p's and idl shells are much too different to do that the p's sides are moor sealed in instead of the face sticking out the sides around It are I've seen one off before (the faceplate inside is like a tamago haha) but I think someone had a stuck deko peirce and it came off trying. To pull it out due to weak adhesive but I've tried and my p's quality in the faceplate is too good (although it still has dust everywhere inside it )

Besides I bite my nails so I don't think it will work

Edit: I DID IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I stuck the tip of scissors where the gap of the pierce goes I nearly accidently broke the pierce slot not being careful but the top came out a bit and I pulled it and TADA! no more girly case here is a pic

https://i1015.photobucket.com/albums/af271/year7afrokid/e58eb76180c8957a8e9e1fe4c3befe70.jpg

It looks much better and I love it even more now hahaha I encourage people to try this BUT BE CAREFUL and expect to break your tamas casing a bit and MIND THE DEKO PEIRCE SLOT

The p's and idl shells are much too different to do that the p's sides are moor sealed in instead of the face sticking out the sides around It are I've seen one off before (the faceplate inside is like a tamago haha) but I think someone had a stuck deko peirce and it came off trying. To pull it out due to weak adhesive but I've tried and my p's quality in the faceplate is too good (although it still has dust everywhere inside it ) Besides I bite my nails so I don't think it will work

I stuck the tip of scissors where the gap of the pierce goes I nearly accidently broke the pierce slot not being careful but the top came out a bit and I pulled it and TADA! no more girly case here is a pichttps://i1015.photobucket.com/albums/af271/year7afrokid/e58eb76180c8957a8e9e1fe4c3befe70.jpg

It looks much better and I love it even more now hahaha I encourage people to try this BUT BE CAREFUL and expect to break your tamas casing a bit and MIND THE DEKO PEIRCE SLOT
i love u, now i can play with my P's and not try to hide the faceplate

I'm gonna try to make faceplates for it soon like on the Tama-go it is bigger than the Tama-gos the faceplate on the p's so it needs resizing but I'm just probably gonna get a pattern,print it then draw a guide line

Edit: just made a little design for it it's so cool but it was my first attempt so it's a little messy

20140108_171214.jpg

So what do you think guys?

Well, that's kind of cool! I don't mind the gems much myself, but with a custom faceplate it doesn't look bad. With a matching pierce plug thing it'd look even better.

The p's and idl shells are much too different to do that the p's sides are moor sealed in instead of the face sticking out the sides around It are I've seen one off before (the faceplate inside is like a tamago haha) but I think someone had a stuck deko peirce and it came off trying. To pull it out due to weak adhesive but I've tried and my p's quality in the faceplate is too good (although it still has dust everywhere inside it )

Besides I bite my nails so I don't think it will work

I stuck the tip of scissors where the gap of the pierce goes I nearly accidently broke the pierce slot not being careful but the top came out a bit and I pulled it and TADA! no more girly case here is a pic

https://i1015.photobucket.com/albums/af271/year7afrokid/e58eb76180c8957a8e9e1fe4c3befe70.jpg

THANK YOU SO MUCH! I AM BUYING A P'S NOW :) THIS MADE MY DAY! YOU ARE A HERO TO ALL THE MALE TAMA FANS OUT THERE HAHA :D

I was wondering, does the clear part of the faceplate pop back on? I think the gems would be a lot less obvious without the coloring underneath it. Plus it would provide some protection of custom faceplates. Otherwise, I was also thinking I could cut out a faceplate, like that paper one, out of a thin plastic and then put the design on top of that. It would give it some depth so the buttons don't stick up so much. I make stuff like this all the time. My parents own a sign shop and they have a CNC, so I could manufacture perfect pieces. flat though. And the faceplates I could do quite nice. We have a plotter than can cut vinyl very accurately. Plus it would have a sticky back.

I could also mold some custom plugs for the pierce slot out of silicon. Do any of you guys have any ideas for plug designs? I can't think of any ideas besides like a kuchipatchi head but it's not really sophisticated.

...I think my heart stopped a little seeing the taken off faceplate and exposed pierce connection port. mostly because I am big on keeping my things together and unharmed and would feel horrible to remove the plate (unless it was designed for it like the Tama-Go).

I don't think the gems are that big a deal, honestly. I don't even pay attention to them while I play with my Tamas. I find it odd how they stick out, so it's not as smooth, but it actually prevents me from dropping them by having more grip, too.

...I think my heart stopped a little seeing the taken off faceplate and exposed pierce connection port. mostly because I am big on keeping my things together and unharmed and would feel horrible to remove the plate (unless it was designed for it like the Tama-Go).

I don't think the gems are that big a deal, honestly. I don't even pay attention to them while I play with my Tamas. I find it odd how they stick out, so it's not as smooth, but it actually prevents me from dropping them by having more grip, too.
It's different for guys. I know what you're saying, but that doesn't mean others don't notice them. Personally, I would not be caught dead with a blinged out P's at my high school...No way.

It's different for guys. I know what you're saying, but that doesn't mean others don't notice them. Personally, I would not be caught dead with a blinged out P's at my high school...No way.
True, it's different. I know some who would care, some who would not. I had a friend who was very into pink and Hello Kitty, and he didn't care what others thought, really. He liked anything cute and chibi. I don't think it should matter what you like, honestly. Alternatively, you can leave the Tama paused while at school and care for it when you come home, that way no one sees it and it doesn't have to get ruined. (There's a chance you could break it if you remove the plate and all, not sure how high a chance, but I'm sure there's a chance.) I mean, even if you remove the plate, someone's going to notice, right? Heck even though I played some 'manly' card games, I still got poked fun at for it and eventually quit since no one wanted to play with me. Probably a bad example, but you get the idea.

I guess I'm just OCD, but my deal is, if I pay 50+ for something, no matter what it is, I'm going to try to preserve it as much as possible. If you like something a lot, it shouldn't matter what others think in the end.

In the end it's up to you, though. I just had an opinion because I cringed when I saw that picture. >_o;

True, it's different. I know some who would care, some who would not. I had a friend who was very into pink and Hello Kitty, and he didn't care what others thought, really. He liked anything cute and chibi. I don't think it should matter what you like, honestly. Alternatively, you can leave the Tama paused while at school and care for it when you come home, that way no one sees it and it doesn't have to get ruined. (There's a chance you could break it if you remove the plate and all, not sure how high a chance, but I'm sure there's a chance.) I mean, even if you remove the plate, someone's going to notice, right? Heck even though I played some 'manly' card games, I still got poked fun at for it and eventually quit since no one wanted to play with me. Probably a bad example, but you get the idea.

I guess I'm just OCD, but my deal is, if I pay 50+ for something, no matter what it is, I'm going to try to preserve it as much as possible. If you like something a lot, it shouldn't matter what others think in the end.

In the end it's up to you, though. I just had an opinion because I cringed when I saw that picture. >_o;
Yeah I totally get that. Although, it's more so what I think rather than what others think. I just so happen to not like the look of the P's. I feel I would enjoy it much more if I approved the design. I wouldn't do anything like this to a tamagotchi I spent a lot of money on, but P's are not very hard to get cheap. I have seen them sell for under 40, sometimes even under 30 dollars.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back