Doesnt it suck when....

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Claiken

Reaction score
You pay around $10 for shipping and the person used stuff they already had lying around the house??

I am all for recycling, but give the buyer a break if that's the case...

Had this happen to me yesterday!!! Got my P1 in the mail and it was just wrapped in paper. No padding, no envelope, just regular old paper taped around the tamas packaging. Luckily it wasn't too damaged getting here! Like at least have sufficient padding in the package...

lol i got my id l in a box, and the box was wrapped with some kids drawings that were cut up, i felt so bad..

You pay around $10 for shipping and the person used stuff they already had lying around the house??

I am all for recycling, but give the buyer a break if that's the case...
Um... I don't understand what's wrong with re-using packing material you already have in the house if the stuff used is something that will protect the product and you take reasonable care when wrapping it. :)

If the product is not packed so that it is protected from damage - well, that's a different matter - but from what you're saying, it sounds like you think it's unacceptable for someone to re-use packaging based on the amount you paid for the shipping?

Maybe I misunderstood - but would it be better if the seller specified that shipping would be $10 for post costs and tracking + an additional $2 to pay for the cost for purchasing a brand new jiffy bag - not previously used by anyone else?

Maybe the $10 shipping charge is around the amount it costs your seller to send the product to you - after the postage + tracking costs, etc. and their time to wrap product, cost of petrol to drive to the post office, wait in line to register the packet and send it? If they are charging you a reasonable/fair amount for the product and not ripping you off and it's not a friend doing you a favor, but a small buying and selling business, then they've got to make a little profit on it, right?

I am all for recycling too ;)

Once got one wrapped in a cleanex x)

The thing is, it had ripped and the Tama was covered by the dust-like fabric...

Last edited by a moderator:
I once got a Furby that came in a cat food box. All my Tamas came in bubble mailers though. I never had one of those come in a wierd package. Yet.

Doesn't it suck when all the roads are snowed over so you can't go and get the screwdriver and batteries you need for your new tama....

Um seems like this is about packaging, not a general "I hate when..." unless it is.

I received a doll in a cat food box from Britain. Lol. It was perfect though. They had her wrapped in fabric and other doll clothes.

I also got a furby in a blender box. I think it was my funky furby.

I wouldn't mind that. It's not like they're obliged to buy a brand new box just for you. If they have a box they can re-use they should do it. It's good for environment.

Speaking of boxes.. I hate that CDjapan always sends items in huge, oversized boxes. x.X
YES!! It drives me up the wall. >~<

Amiami's quite guilty of this as well from time to time. But at least AmiAmi's are well padded.

Its not the box that was used, at all. its more the free-ness of the packaging and the expensiveness of the shipping that i was irked about.

Omg, yes! Totally when the box is oversized when they could easily use a thinner box. I get why it's large, so it doesn't get smooshed in the mail, but chances are, it may get a dent anyways. Pierce in a big box, overkill. I'd rather them profit from using a smaller packaging or a small bubble mailer when it comes to that. Hlj, CDJapan and AmiAmi have done this to me at least once for random small things...

Eh, it could be worse about the packaging being recycled. I just hope they remove private stuff before it gets to me and claw out the old tracking/confirmation numbers to avoid confusion.

Um... I don't understand what's wrong with re-using packing material you already have in the house if the stuff used is something that will protect the product and you take reasonable care when wrapping it. :)

If the product is not packed so that it is protected from damage - well, that's a different matter - but from what you're saying, it sounds like you think it's unacceptable for someone to re-use packaging based on the amount you paid for the shipping?

Maybe I misunderstood - but would it be better if the seller specified that shipping would be $10 for post costs and tracking + an additional $2 to pay for the cost for purchasing a brand new jiffy bag - not previously used by anyone else?

Maybe the $10 shipping charge is around the amount it costs your seller to send the product to you - after the postage + tracking costs, etc. and their time to wrap product, cost of petrol to drive to the post office, wait in line to register the packet and send it? If they are charging you a reasonable/fair amount for the product and not ripping you off and it's not a friend doing you a favor, but a small buying and selling business, then they've got to make a little profit on it, right?

I am all for recycling too ;)
I agree, the packaging depends on the product.

The other day I had a well-packaged camera lens arrive in the post. It was sealed and protected to the max, but then the lens were worth well over £1000.

Tamas are pretty tough gadgets :) I'm sure they'll cope. If you're still unhappy, just include it in their review.

My TamaTown Carry Case came in a Microwavable Corn Dog box, which I personally found somewhat creative. What I didn't like was I paid $20 for it and the reduced sticker was still on the packaging ... $3.

I mean, it's fair enough making a profit when you know people are willing to pay more than an items worth but at least get rid of the evidence that you know your selling to a sucker.

My PC pack came in a Lasagna box, *''America's favorite lasagna''* my mom and I really laughed on that one, it looked so funny x)

***(Americans really think they're the center of the world, I'm Canadian, Canada's in America and they don't sell those here olol)***

I don't recall ever getting anything in the mail that was in recycled packaging, but I once sent my boyfriend a birthday present in an empty Heinz ketchup packet box I got from where I used to work. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back