Tamagotchi Ocean/Angel Screws

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

tamacrazy96

Reaction score
I just recently acquired these two Tamas and the screws are MINISCULE. I didn't know screws were even made that small. I have a bunch of small screwdrivers that I've used for my newer Tamagotchi models, but I don't have any small enough for these two. If you all don't use a screwdriver to open the back, what do you use? I've had no luck trying to use a knife. :angry:

I just recently acquired these two Tamas and the screws are MINISCULE. I didn't know screws were even made that small. I have a bunch of small screwdrivers that I've used for my newer Tamagotchi models, but I don't have any small enough for these two. If you all don't use a screwdriver to open the back, what do you use? I've had no luck trying to use a knife. :angry:
Don't use a knife!! Be SUPER careful that you do not strip them because if you do that is going to be a nightmare. You should really just ask some friends to see what screwdrivers they have or you could buy a small set online. If you can't do either of those you can take it to a watch/jewelry store and they can take the screws out for you.

Buy a small screwdriver set from your local hardware store and get some WD40 to help loosen the screws before you use the screwdriver. Old screws are very easily stripped so be very careful and do NOT use a knife!!

I didn't strip them and I stopped trying with the knife pretty quickly. I kept trying with the smallest screwdriver I have but it won't even fit into the grooves :D I'll just have to buy some really small screwdrivers then. It still baffles me that they use screws THAT small. And I thought the newer Tamas had small ones :p

They are japanese screws - and they are different. Check out this post by binary made in a previous topic to discuss getting screws out of older tamas without stripping them: https://www.tamatalk.com/IB/topic/182567-gen-1-screw-story-long/?p=3187413

if you browse through that whole topic you will see that another member got the screw driver recommended and removed his devilgotchi screws with no problems.

Also - in this other topic: https://www.tamatalk.com/IB/topic/186633-need-help-removing-screws-from-1997-tamagotchi/ you will see that a members does not recommend WD40 as it can leak and damage the screen and make the screw more slippery and difficult to remove.

You probably already guessed, but this problem with screws on older tamas has been encountered many times before - and discussed on these forums regularly over the years :p

Good luck!

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back