Sign in to follow this  
tamacrazy96

Tamagotchi Ocean/Angel Screws

I just recently acquired these two Tamas and the screws are MINISCULE. I didn't know screws were even made that small. I have a bunch of small screwdrivers that I've used for my newer Tamagotchi models, but I don't have any small enough for these two. If you all don't use a screwdriver to open the back, what do you use? I've had no luck trying to use a knife. :angry:

I just recently acquired these two Tamas and the screws are MINISCULE. I didn't know screws were even made that small. I have a bunch of small screwdrivers that I've used for my newer Tamagotchi models, but I don't have any small enough for these two. If you all don't use a screwdriver to open the back, what do you use? I've had no luck trying to use a knife. :angry:

Don't use a knife!! Be SUPER careful that you do not strip them because if you do that is going to be a nightmare. You should really just ask some friends to see what screwdrivers they have or you could buy a small set online. If you can't do either of those you can take it to a watch/jewelry store and they can take the screws out for you.

Buy a small screwdriver set from your local hardware store and get some WD40 to help loosen the screws before you use the screwdriver. Old screws are very easily stripped so be very careful and do NOT use a knife!!

I didn't strip them and I stopped trying with the knife pretty quickly. I kept trying with the smallest screwdriver I have but it won't even fit into the grooves :D I'll just have to buy some really small screwdrivers then. It still baffles me that they use screws THAT small. And I thought the newer Tamas had small ones :P

They are japanese screws - and they are different. Check out this post by binary made in a previous topic to discuss getting screws out of older tamas without stripping them: http://www.tamatalk.com/IB/topic/182567-gen-1-screw-story-long/?p=3187413

if you browse through that whole topic you will see that another member got the screw driver recommended and removed his devilgotchi screws with no problems.

Also - in this other topic: http://www.tamatalk.com/IB/topic/186633-need-help-removing-screws-from-1997-tamagotchi/ you will see that a members does not recommend WD40 as it can leak and damage the screen and make the screw more slippery and difficult to remove.

You probably already guessed, but this problem with screws on older tamas has been encountered many times before - and discussed on these forums regularly over the years :P

Good luck!

This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By Yuki Frost
      I’ve had a few problems with my Ocean before but they usually just sort of resolve themselves. 

When I got the tamagotchi the screws were beyond stripped (not helped by my family having no chill and shoving whatever they thought would get the thing open in said screws when the batteries died despite my protests) so we ended up taking it to multiple jewelers in hopes of getting them out. They were eventually sawed out. 

on my next run I hadn’t replaced the screws because I can’t find any the right size, so I taped the backplate ton to keep the batteries connected. This worked fine for about a month and a half until it got frozen like this:

My go to with these kinds of issues is to reset it but that didn’t work so I figured it had something to do with the tape. I screwed the backplate in with the screws from my garden and everything seemed fine. The tama seemed fine for about 30 minutes before it went back to this screen. It does this every time I take out the batteries and unfortunately re setting doesn’t work.
      Any ideas on how to fix it or what’s wrong?

• By rajanhoxha
      A while ago, I bought 2 used Tamagotchi Connections at a pawn shop. They worked just fine, but the battery cover screw was corroded in both of them:

I searched the internet for ways to remove the corrosion. Some people would even use ketchup, but the most effective way was letting the screws sit in vinegar, then using a toothbrush to remove the rest of the corrosion, and finally cleaning them with alcohol. However, due to me being busy with school, a year passed and I still hadn't tried cleaning the screws, until a few days ago when I had some spare time and decided to try it out. I thought, why not demonstrate the whole process on TamaTalk to help people out? 

First, I removed the screws from the battery covers. Tamagotchi Connection battery covers have some sort of retainer that keeps the screw from falling out. To remove the screw, I had to hold the retainer using my fingernail, then pull on the screw while twisting it counterclockwise. Now, both the screw and the retainer came out. The retainer was also a bit corroded, as well as the screw hole in the battery cover. I cleaned those with alcohol.
      Now, the fun part. I let the screws sit in apple cider vinegar for around 30 minutes.

Then, I scrubbed them with a toothbrush several times. Both the screws came out looking way better, but one of them still had some ugly black marks where the corrosion was. As a last resort, I sandpapered it. I have no idea what the exact grit of the sandpaper was, but eyeing it, it seemed to be around ~200 grit. This improved the appearance of the screw drastically. Here are the results!

Comparing it to a non-corroded screw of another tama, the finish looks less shiny. But it's a lot better than a corroded screw! 
      I hope this tutorial was easy to understand! If you have any questions, feel free to ask. 
    • By mimitchi ^o^
      Hey all!
      Does anyone happen to know what type of screw the large back screw is that holds the back cover to the connection tamas, and where I can find replacement screws for it? ;_; I'm thinking they may sell them at a home improvement store if I just knew what type to get! 😅Any help would be greatly appreciated!  
    • By mimitchi ^o^
      Okay, so we've seen the re-release of P1 and P2 Tamagotchis, the Tamagotchi mini's, Digimon, the Tamagotchi Nano's are doing well, and the On/Meets/Some are also doing good. This is purely speculation at this point, but perhaps we may see a new wave of the Angel, Forest, and Ocean? I would seriously flip my lip if that happened! And don't even get me started on the Devilgotchi, if that got re-released it would be amazing. Though that one is probably the least likely to be re-released out of the bunch.  
      I hope that if Bandai goes down this path and Tamagotchi continues to be successful again, maybe they'll re-release the connections as well? Sigh, one can dream.
      What does everyone else think? Do you think a re-release of the Angel/Forest/Ocean is feasible? Would you also flip your lid?  I'd love to hear everyone else's thoughts!
    • By Candythief
      I bought a Devilgotchi and I tried to remove the screws. (I used a little mechanical oil before) (Of course I used the right screwdriver)
      I thought already I had it, but then both screw heads just broke off!!! (They broke very near the screw head)
      The screw shafts still remain in the shell and they also don't stick out a little.
      look for yourselves:

I don't need to say, I'm devastated.
      Still I ask you guys, do you think there is a (destruction free) way to remove the screws?