Staining on Tamagotchi P's?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kiruu

Reaction score
I sprayed some aeroguard in my room to attempt to get rid of mozzies (we had no bug spray left, it was a last resort) and I noticed this morning it caused white speckled splotches on the casing and the screen. Luckily its not so noticeable and they don't show up when the screen is turned on, but I tried a Q-tip and a tiny amount of water and a minuscule amount of dettol anti-bacterial soap and the splotches won't shift. It's a little blurry but here's a picture:

28iubfr.jpg

Any ideas on how to fix this?

Last edited by a moderator:
I guess I would use window cleaner on a paper towel. Then a qtip to absorb a small amount of it and use that to clean the screen.

I had something similar happen over the summer with one of my tamas. I was spraying Off (insect repellent) on my arms to keep off mosquitos, when I noticed some also got over to my tama. Within a short amount, like the picture you've posted, white spots began to appear on the shell, and no matter what I tried, I couldn't fix it. I think some sort of chemical reaction is the culprit.

Ra,

As Ra said, it's a chemical reaction. Very tiny holes form in the plastic because of some chemical. That's why people like me with glasses have to take them off before putting on big spray. And, it is irreversible as far as I know

If these are holes, maybe Displex would help?

Ah well. At least it's not too noticeable. Thanks anyway.

Edit: a tiny bit of Ajax spray & wipe on a Q tip worked to make the staining on the case less noticable, but didn't really help on the screen, so I'll leave it as-is. Thanks :3

Hm, this happens when I use alcohol on my consoles when I cleaned them. I ended up using a plastic polish for cars to clean the dashboard and all, and the spots vanished on the cases. Maybe try that? I used Armor All original polish.

NOTE: Use at your own risk, not sure how it will affect the screen.

i'm sorry this happened to you! have you tried a glasses cleaner or a phone screen cleaner? that may help.

if not, it may be irreversible as said above.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back