GROWTH LOG: Umino, Mothra, Morino

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Thurin

Reaction score
tumblr_n0sfsn00xu1rvnkq5o1_500.jpg

HELLO and welcome to my growth log for my (left to right) Umino, Morino and Mothra Tamagotchi's! These are all 1997 Japanese Tamagotchi's that I recently purchased and thought it would be fun to document. These pics above where taken 2 days ago and of course everyone has gotten older since then which is what I am going to document in this log. I hope you will come along with me. :)

I have had the Umino for longer than the other two and have already taken it to adulthood ONCE where I got Taiyakitchi
tumblr_n0sg26wDAu1rvnkq5o1_250.gif

this one lived for about 11 days and died because I was on a phone call and MISSED the fact that the polar bear came and when I looked up he was dead.

Current Umino:

This time around I have NOT been playing the chest game with Umino mostly at all so at the moment it went from the child jellyfish (Kuragetchi) to Kingyotchi. Here is my Umnio now with Kingyotchi:

tumblr_n0sh65Zyaw1rvnkq5o1_400.jpg

I got this one from doing this: WEIGHT 99

I gave him lots of snacks whenever it was hungry. When it changed into this teenage form the weight goes BACK to the teenage weight. So far I have been snacking it again because the Umino takes up SO MUCH time because of its constant neediness that I just gave into snacks. We will see how it turns out this time.

My Morino so far now:

tumblr_n0sh5kIgxP1rvnkq5o1_400.jpg

Child stage: worm (Imotchi) and the next stage will be the Cocoon but of course I will not know which Cocoon I will get and what it will turn into. The Cocoon stage is 24hrs. Hopefully it will go into this stage today because Imotchi is already 4 days old!

I have been playing the game a lot and keeping the weight down on this one but have missed the FOOT that injuries it maybe 4 times... (ops!!) so we will see what happens.

My Mothra:

tumblr_n0sh54loZO1rvnkq5o1_400.jpg

I have the Mothra Grub teenage stage, the next stage is also a Cocoon stage much like the Morino but it looks different. I will compare and contrast the two cocoon stages when they happen.

I REALLY want to get Mothra Adult but the Fairy is cute as well.. this is my FIRST time with the Mothra and I am taking good care if it and playing the game a lot to keep the weight down.

MORE UPDATES on all 3 as I go. I will also show multiple generations of these and explain how I got all the characters I do.

Bye for now!

- THURIN

Last edited by a moderator:
COMMENTS/Questions WELCOME :)

NOOOOOO !!!!!

A polar bear came and I SAW IT and I tapped on it A LOT. I think that sometimes it does not let your tapping work.

Sometimes the Umino chooses to die.

Sad, UHG. MAYBE I will have it go again but I am not sure. Getting annoyed with it always dying! Anyone else feel this way?

It is so cute though so I want to keep playing!!

tumblr_n0sy28n9zB1rvnkq5o1_500.jpg

Sad :(

Ooh no, it's sad that your Oceangotchi died ; ^ ;

I haven't had that problem with not being able to scare the polar bear away but it seems to be a common problem.

Nonetheless, this is a fun-to-read log with nice pictures! ;)

Hey, I saw your pics on tumblr! Poor Umino, I hope next time it will survive. :3 This actually makes me want to run mine again. :D

Okay so my Umino is still dead... and I am debating resetting it at the moment because I got my GENJINTCH in the mail !

So far it has turned into the child stage of Grubabotchi but I would like to have the adult Genbintchi !!!

tumblr_n0ua13MjSs1rvnkq5o1_500.jpg

This is my first time running the Genjintch so I am looking forward to what will happen. I LOVE all of the teen characters and kinda wish that there was more than 3 options (and a secret character) for the adult ones. The discipline is low because I want to try for the female adult which is second best (hmmmmmm) and the weight is 19 so far, I may take that down a bit but I am not sure my strategy at the moment.

Also my Morino got attacked AGAIN and before I healed it I took a picture of it all bandaged up. It even has a little crutch. I then revived it and all is well. I wonder how many times the Morino can get attacked before it dies.. it has literally been at least 5 times so far, I am not a bad tama mom it is just that I have to turn the sound off when I am at work so it is easier to miss.

tumblr_n0uagsNl2Q1rvnkq5o1_400.jpg

My Morino is 6 days old!? and is still a teenager... ?? I will have to look up how long the teenage stage for the Umino is supposed to be because this seems like an EXTRA long time... maybe I am not doing something right, who knows. I will update of course at the cocoon stage!

My Mothra is still in the teenage stage and should be going into the cocoon stage soon, I hope because it is also 11 days old!? YIKES!

I would LOVE to get the MOTHRA character but I have not been taking PERFECT care of it... but almost perfect. I let the hearts get down to ONE a few times and I think that will effect the outcome but LOOK AT HOW CUTE mothra is.. !!!

mothratchini8.jpg
Who wouldn't want that character!?

So another day. I hope I will have more changes soon to make another update.

And now for REPLYS to your comments:

Carol_tama

Glad you found my site on tumblr, yes I agree that it is very sad about the Umino I hope that I have the patients to run it again soon. I think it would be a great idea for you to start yours up again.. AND post pictures!! Thanks for commenting!

*Hayden*

THANKS! I am glad you like my pictures and my log. I want to make sure to keep this one going for a while so STAY TUNED!!

Eternal Mametchi Fan

Yes, I saw that as well that a few others have had the problem of scaring the bear away. I tap mine on the top LEFT side after pressing the "A" button but now that I think about it I wonder if I DID press the "A" button that last time.. perhaps some of us get so stressed that "OMG THERE IS A POLAR BEAR" that we start tapping before pressing "A" ?? I should try to video the bear attack and have some proof of the matter. Thanks for the compliments!

dylan1234

Thank you :)

Now we both have our Morino and Genjintch on! ;D And I am getting the same Mothra design too! Neat! ^o^
Also, if you're curious about the Genjintch insights, I uploaded a video on it yesterday, it's on my YouTube channel (link in the singature). ;) I am loving this version so far, it is super musical and despite it's needy, it's freakin' adorable. <3

My MOTHRA changed!!

YAY! It went into a cocoon for only a few minuets and then came out as....

tumblr_n0w6up0Bpu1rvnkq5o1_250.jpg
<----------->
tumblr_n0w6viFVHi1rvnkq5o1_250.jpg
FAIRY !!!!

Now Fairy was not my first choice but Fairy has the Mothra head so it is still CUTE !!!

As of right now (10:58am) my MORINO is still a CHILD (at age 7) and my GENJINTCH is still a child (at age 4)

So no change and no picture update for them. HOPEFULLY they will both evolve soon because I am really looking forward to how they will turn out.

I ordered some cases for these guys (4 of them) and I am WAITING still for them to come..... I REALLY want it to come in the mail today because I want to make sure their paint jobs stay nice because on my Morino, Mothra, Genjintch, and Umnio I love the paint jobs and the way they look. Here is what I am waiting for:

tumblr_n0w7knvVGD1rvnkq5o1_250.jpg

Hopefully they will come soon because I cant wait to use them!!

MORE SOON!

- thurin

And now for REPLYS to your comments:

Carol_tama

Thank you so much for the info on your YouTube channel it was GREAT to see! Nice to digitally meet you :)

Cool that we have the same Tama's! Cant wait to see more videos from you!

LOTS of UPDATES!!!

My Genjintch died.... I feel like a bad Tama mama but I tried really hard to make it work and keep it safe and happy. I think that perhaps I was running too many at once as well (3 of them) so I will pair it down to my Mothra and Morino right now.

tumblr_n0xzb3onBJ1rvnkq5o1_400.jpg
tumblr_n0xzcpDiN11rvnkq5o1_400.jpg

Poor little guy it was only 5 days old...

MORINO

My Morino finally turned into the cocoon stage!! I am excited! You can see the temp meter. I have it pointed on H (for HOT) and that is all that you seem to need to do. It has been over an HOUR and the gage for the temperature has not changed it's position and pressing "a" switches it between C and H and pressing "b" or "c" gets you OUT of the temperature menu...

AM I DOING THIS RIGHT??

tumblr_n0xykgkgmq1rvnkq5o1_400.jpg
tumblr_n0xyl7zBCE1rvnkq5o1_400.jpg

Also my Umino STRIPPED A SCREW !!!

As you can see (below) I had to PRY the back off of the Umino... NOT FUN at all and it was so nerve wracking! I tried every other method possible, since this has happened to me before, and none of those methods were working. So I took out my pocket knife and once I had the good screw out I pried the back cover up enough to FLIP it around and the wiggle it until the plastic hole around the bad screw was big enough to SLIP the back cover off.

So now I will find a screw that is bigger (at the head) so it will fit in. Besides a little damage on the back cover (could not be avoided) my Umino is JUST FINE.

I ordered some screws online (1000 piece for EyeGlasses and Watch repair) and they should be to me by next week.

Here are the pics:

Tamagotchi Screws for backs of P1, P2, Umino, Mothra, Genjintch, Morino, AngleGotchi, DevilGotchi, etc are 1/4" (.25 inches) long which is 6.35 MM

tumblr_n0y46wCPBL1rvnkq5o1_400.jpg

Look how STRIPPED the screw was.. It was bad when I got it and the ONE wrong move and it got WORSE. I tried LOTS of different things (none of which helped) so I had to pry it off.

tumblr_n0y46ak9Nw1rvnkq5o1_250.jpg

Here is the result : then later on I will unscrew the screw with jewelry pliers.

tumblr_n0y47sHsPB1rvnkq5o1_250.jpg
tumblr_n0y47b1KAA1rvnkq5o1_400.jpg

As you can see there is SOME damage around the hole but there is still a hole (it is just bigger) so I should be able to fit in another screw soon.

Once I get the new screws in the mail I ordered I will try them out and then post pictures here on how they work.

All for now!

- thurin

My MORINO Changed into it's FIRST final form!

tumblr_n0zwc9FBNf1rvnkq5o1_400.jpg

I got MINOTCHI !!

UNFORTUNATELY if I would have gone COLD then I would have gotten FUNKOROGOTCHI who is REALLY cool.. oh well this was my first time (I got cocoon "D") so I will see who else I get.

tumblr_n0zwjq2obO1rvnkq5o1_250.png

ALSO my MINI came in the mail yesterday! I got it when I got back from work. It is SO CUTE and small !!! Look how big it is compared to the other Tamagotchi (my Mothra) .. SOOOO SMALL !! I love it !!

tumblr_n0zwbuEK2M1rvnkq5o1_400.jpg

So far my Tamagotchi Mini is a baby and JUST NOW it pooped. Look how small it is !! SO CUTE!

Okay I am going a little overboard but it is the smallest tamagotchi I have ever had!!!!!

tumblr_n0zx60yFpC1rvnkq5o1_400.jpg

I can not find the proper name for it though.. is it called a MINI ? made is 2004-05

MORE UPDATES SOON!

Can't wait for an update! I need an update!! See what happened to cute Minotchi... *And yes, I'm putting pressure on you right now:p*

That Mini is so dang cute *0* i hadn't realised they were so tiny lol Are you enjoying it?

EDIT: have you received your hard cases yet?

Nice log! I just love the pictures of your tamas. I wish I could that great of quality on my tama pics. :p Great job! ^_^

Wow!! You have such peculiar Tamagotchi!! ^_^ It seems pretty hard to take good care of them!! Good luck! I played Umino and Morino just in their GameBoy version and they didn't require such attention :p At first I didn't know that "enemies" could attack my tama, so when they came I just remained still to watch XD I think it's a miracle they survived! But I still have them both, even if they take a lot to evolve!

Nice Log!!! ;)

Latest posts

Back