TMGC+C, iD L and P's.

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

daniinthetardis

Reaction score
Hello everyone.

I am currently looking to buy a Tamagotchi +Colour and have been unable to find one. I am now considering buying an iD L or P's. As someone who hasn't had a colour tamagotchi yet, I am looking to you for help in deciding. I suppose the information I am looking for is which would be best for me, as I will not have an IR phone for downloadable features.

So, which is your favourite?

What are the features?

Thanks so much in advance for your insights and comments!

- daniinthetardis

Hello everyone.

I am currently looking to buy a Tamagotchi +Colour and have been unable to find one. I am now considering buying an iD L or P's. As someone who hasn't had a colour tamagotchi yet, I am looking to you for help in deciding. I suppose the information I am looking for is which would be best for me, as I will not have an IR phone for downloadable features.

So, which is your favourite?

What are the features?

Thanks so much in advance for your insights and comments!

- daniinthetardis
Im guessing the P's will be the best for you. You don't need a phone and you can buy pierces for extra content. The color tamagotchis get more refined the newer they are and for me i think that the newer they are the more features they have. But don't let that stop you from getting an ID L or +color! I have an ID L and an ID. I love both although the ID L has a few more features and I like it a little bit more. I didn't the P's because its WAY too girly for me and thats something you may have to think about. Hope I helped!

If you're willing to get an IR transmitter USB or if your PC already has one then don't rule out getting an iD L! When I first got mine the transmitter I also bought wasn't compatible with my PC so I must admit without the downloads it can get quite boring (especially for me as I don't really like the original games), but since then I've been able to find another transmitter and it's now my absolute favourite. Since you can't put all the downloads on at once, switching them around helps keep it feeling fresh.

My P is currently still in the post so I'm afraid I can't help you there but I've heard they're one of the best models yet.

The plus colour is lovely, it was my first colour tamagotchi and until I got my iD L up and running properly I loved looking after the colour. That being said now that I've been able to use more of the iD L features the colour has seemed a bit boring. As the happy badges etc. are the same for all the characters it started to feel a bit monotonous at times collecting them all again. But it depends on what you like to do best on it I suppose.

The ID L would be a good choice in my opinion, although the P's is better if you are willing to invest in pierces, which I wouldn't because you can get a tamagotchi for the price of one pierce. The ID L has an easier growth pattern and if you are wanting a specific character, you don't have to worry about the personality, just the amount of care misses you give. I also prefer the games on the ID L, but really, its up to you ^_^

I own both iD L and P's, but I really, really want a TMGC+C ;3;

P's is quite overrated; it's not that great compared to the iD L unless you're going to buy pierces as well. And they usually cost $10 at the minimum.

The iD L has more total characters. The P's has the same number of adults, but only two babies instead of four, four toddlers instead of six, and four teens instead of six. I think P's has better built-in games than the iD L, but they last longer than the iD L games.

The P's has REALLY nice built-in room themes, better than the iD L backgrounds in my opinion. You can add color schemes to toddler and teen characters but there aren't that many color schemes and they don't look very good :p You can take your Tamagotchi to school and work, which has really cute animations.

iD L has a feature where you can grow plants to get new items and food; a great feature that was sadly removed from the P's. ID L has Henshin Jo; you need to buy pierces if you want to transform your characters on the P's. I also miss the TamaTama market (but you can still sell your stuff to characters outside, it just seemed more convenient at the park XD). The P's easily gets dust and hair under its faceplate no matter how hard you try to protect it. And one last thing about the P's is that it takes more effort to change the time, sound, contrast, etc. You need to go to a certain option under the stat menu to change them and you can easily forget which option is which if you don't know Japanese.

Both versions have their pros and cons and although I prefer my iD L, you can decide which is best to your liking ;)

I love my TMGC + C for the simplicity of it. The animations are wonderful. :wub: They are a bit pricey on ebay though. If you get a chance to buy one, I recommend getting it for you collection. The Japanese iD L's and the P's are a lot easier to come by. If you look on Amazon the prices are usually much lower for the P's. I've seen some cheap iD L's on ebay recently.

I've just received a +Colour, actually - I can't wait to try it out as it was the one I wanted most...!

I only have an iD L and P's for the color tamas, so if this is your first one, i recommend the iD L. It's a lot simpler. However, if you think you can take on a more complicated version, go ahead and get the P's! :)

do the p's have any downloads that require the usb thing?

I felt the same emotions to own a V2 with TMGC+C! Try to find one and you'll love it! :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back