Help! Vpets - need help choosing etc :O

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Itsumo-nana

Reaction score
Hey everyone! :D

I love Tamagotchis with all my soul. But suddently today, I felt the urge to discover something new. New functions, characters, shapes and stories! Virtual Pets are basically my life. My first handeld pet wasn't from Bandai; I still loved it so much and still run it sometimes.

I guess I'm a newbie now again! x) I have to learn all about those non-Bandai pets. I'm swimming in the unknown. Proof, I don't know how you call those non-Bandai pets... for instance I call them Vpets, but Tamagotchis ARE Vpets too! :S I've made a search on Ebay but havn't been able to find much...

https://www.ebay.ca/itm/NEW-LOT-of-2-Dinosaur-electronic-virtual-pet-game-Digital-Dino-Watch-Keychain-/271379110237?pt=Electronic_Battery_Windup_Toys_US&hash=item3f2f74995d&_uhb=1

I thought about getting these :) I love how you can wear them as a watch, that's really too cool. I need a new watch anyways. Do you recommend them? I think they're called ''Tamakaci''.

What are the best VPets, which ones do you recommend me? And how much would you pay for each? Is there anything I need to know before starting collecting that way?

Thanks so much for the help guys. I don't know what I'd do without your advices!

*And happy Valentine's day :wub: *

Last edited by a moderator:
Try searcging 'virtual pet'

I love odd pets, in all their shapes and chips. I recommend the dinkie series, the nano series, the mga's, the hittoriko's and gyaopi pets.

Further more, I usually don't pay more than 10 dollar incl for an unknown pet, and love the 'gamble'. Sometimes it doesn't work out, but usually I like them a lot.

I'm a total sucker for odd pets, so I can recommend you a few types I've enjoyed playing with. ;)
First of all, the Dinkies! I have all 3 that were sold as separate toys (dino, penguin and alien) and I enjoyed running the dino and the penguin a lot! I didn't run my alien yet, but the gameplay is basically the same in all, just different pets. :)
Next, Nanos. But the first wave, cause the second wave ones tend to die without a reason, which can be really frustrating. I have a puppy from the first wave and I totally love it, I also had the turtle from the second wave and I got frustrated after some time and traded it away.
And then there are Giga Pets. Now these are a good challenge, cause they don't work like regular vpets. They get progress every day and you have to take good care of them all the time, cause it is not possible to just fill up all the meters at once, like it is with the Tamagotchis. If you do decide on getting one, be sure to use THIS guide and your pet will be healthy and happy. ^^ The title says about the Digital Doggie, but it applies to pretty much all Gigas. :)
What's next... Oh, right, you mentioned Tamakacis. They are really cute and enjoyable, I used to have the dino one and I totally loved it, I am thinking about getting those that are on ebay. :D

Thanks so much for the replies guys!! Dinkie Dinos do seem very fun :D I'm going to gamble for one lol

I'll go seach for a Nano Puppy on Ebay right away. They look so cute *-* So ''90's''!! I love that!!

I just visited the Tamenagerie site and omg :eek: So many odd pets that person has haha.. She has everything *0* It is very useful as she gives her opinion on it. I bookmarked it! :lol:

I'll throw the Digimon pets into the mix. There are quite a few of them, but there is a nice guide here that should be enough to help you decide on which one to look for.

If you want one similar to the later Tamagotchi v-pets with a shop and whatnot, I highly recommend the Japanese Digivice iC and Digivice Burst series.

The American versions of these (Data Link and Mega Burst) are nice too, but they're different in that they only evolve during battle and have a quest-based story attached to them. But the item animations are really cute and more in-depth than the Japanese version's. Especially the musical instruments. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back