TamaTalk online chat meet!

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Camoth

Reaction score
Together with some other folks ( TamaTalk Fan day? ) I came up with the plan to organize a TamaTalk online chat meet.

Now I would like to hear input from everyone who would like to do this as well so we can get some great ideas! Some things I'd like to point out first:

- It will be online, we will not actually meet up anywhere in person

- We need to choose a chat platform that will allow webcam, voice as well as typing, so everyone can pick which of the three they feel comfortable using

- It needs to be done in a way that people do not have to fill in real life contact information or real names

- Everyone needs to be aware to not give anybody your private info like adress, phonenumbers etc during the meet

Then for the fun stuff!

- I'm thinking about doing a group hatch at the end of the meet.

- We could come up with a date that would mean something to the Tamagotchi world, like tamalover1918 suggested, for example the P1 release date or something like that. Preferably on a weekend-day

- We need to establish a time when most of us are awake (if it's on the weekend I personally don't mind staying up late, but we need to consider the average age here which cannot stay up until the middle of the night)

- We can come up with another fun activity we could do during this meet. Like everyone showing their favorite Tamagotchi(item) or something... I need some help here :p

What I would like to know from you guys is:

* Would you like to do a online meet like this? (If not, please give a reason why that is constructive so we might be able to change things to suit everyone's preferences as much as possible )

* What online chat platform would you prefer? (Skype and Tiny Chat have been mentioned, but maybe you know a better one?)

* What other ideas can you come up with to do during this online meet? (please be aware that activities should include everyone, also the people who prefer not to use a webcam)

* Is there anything else you think is not included/mentioned here that needs to be discussed?

Hope to hear from you guys!

* Would you like to do a online meet like this? (If not, please give a reason why that is constructive so we might be able to change things to suit everyone's preferences as much as possible)

Yes, because the ability to just chat without turning on webcam would be pretty cool.

* What online chat platform would you prefer? (Skype and Tiny Chat have been mentioned, but maybe you know a better one?) I'd like TinyChat, mainly because you don't need an account.

* What other ideas can you come up with to do during this online meet? (please be aware that activities should include everyone, also the people who prefer not to use a webcam)

Quizzes and games. :p

* Is there anything else you think is not included/mentioned here that needs to be discussed? N/A

Yes, this would be fun. However, it's literally impossible to come up with a single time that would suit all ages of members in all time zones, so I think we should have maybe 3 or 4 different meeting times within a 24 hour period, so that nobody who wants to participate will miss out.

As for where to hold it, I have no idea. I'm not into video/voice chat so I don't know any sites where it's available. It should definitely be on a weekend day though, or a mostly international holiday such as Christmas. The vast majority of TTers have school or work and it would definitely not suit most people to hold it during the week.

Thanks for the input you guys.

@dazzilitchigirl: I like the idea of having multiple meet times. When we find a date, we should form groups so people know in advance who will be online when so they have the option to atleast chat with the people they are most interested in talking to.

I agree it should be on a weekend. International holidays don't work for me, because I have to work during those days (law enforcement). But I'm aware the vast majority will be free from school or work then. I'd like to be able to join though, since I was one of the people that came up with the idea :p

Sounds like great fun! I'm verrrry shy though and I freak out just seeing people's faces.... >//////<; I probably won't be able to join for that reason, not even to text chat oops ;u;

Hello!

This sounds great! Im already exited!! We could maybe use google hangouts? Just because you can have the option of talking to a bunch of people, and you can only chat by typing if you prefer (we can make a chat room!). Using Google, you can also start an event, where people can easily register saying they will be there. Im not sure how Skype works though, so maybe it is similar to hangouts. Im looking forward to the hatch too! I think we should discuss how exactly we are organizing this. Like dazzilitchigirl said, we could have multiple chats, each one having a "leader" (or the person who starts the chat). The "leaders" could make forums where people who will be joining reply, so we can have a list (to add to the chat).

Thanks for everything! Hope to hear from you all! :D :D

Hello!

This sounds great! Im already exited!! We could maybe use google hangouts? Just because you can have the option of talking to a bunch of people, and you can only chat by typing if you prefer (we can make a chat room!). Using Google, you can also start an event, where people can easily register saying they will be there. Im not sure how Skype works though, so maybe it is similar to hangouts. Im looking forward to the hatch too! I think we should discuss how exactly we are organizing this. Like dazzilitchigirl said, we could have multiple chats, each one having a "leader" (or the person who starts the chat). The "leaders" could make forums where people who will be joining reply, so we can have a list (to add to the chat).

Hello!

I know the idea would be to use an online meeting place with web cam option for those who want to see faces - but just thought I'd mention that we do of course have our own chat room - TamaCHAT for chatting through typing only ;)

It actually might even be worth you guys trying to meet up in TamaCHAT to organise your online (with web cam) meet up ;)

oooooooh this sounds fun! I'd totally love this! I'll go on camera and sing for everyone. xD

I think skype would be cool, because yeah the quality is awesome and you can type, talk or go on camera depending on your preference!

Also, maybe we could all hatch a tama at the beginning of the thingy, and maybe make this just like an ongoing event for a few days? So people can just pop-in when they are available, and so everybody gets a chance to join in! Im sorry if my ideas suck. :D

Great ideas you guys!

@OlympicAir: But I believe Google Hangouts is connected to your Google+ account? This would be like asking people to meet up in a chat on Facebook. I don't really like that because some people prefer to keep their privacy. I was thinking the same thing about arranging the chats and having one person set it up at different times.

@TamaMum: I thought about that. If the majority of people don't want to use a webcam or own one we could just have the meet in the TamaChat ofcourse. I just think it would be more fun if we can see and hear eachother. I prefer to have a discussion about the arrangements here in this thread, because not everybody is online all the time and people could miss on giving their opinion on certain things if they cannot read back and see what we discussed. As well as some people go to the TamaChat to just hang out and talk, I don't want to keep bombarding them with stuff about this meet all the time ;)

@2pVaporeon: I thought about hatching at the beginning, but since most Tama's need almost constant attention after hatching, we'd all be busy caring for the Tama's instead of talking, lol :p Right now, Skype has my preference as well. To start a room in Tiny Chat you need to make a account or sign in with Facebook. I also saw a lot of inappropriate things for kids while checking it out on the main website.

• Would you like to do a online meet like this? (If not, please give a reason why that is constructive so we might be able to change things to suit everyone's preferences as much as possible )
I would probably pop in and decide from there whether or not I want to stay for long. My only concern would be that the excitement of a webcam party + crazy tamagotchi people = possible very low maturity levels, in which case I'd probably stay for half an hour max XD

• What online chat platform would you prefer? (Skype and Tiny Chat have been mentioned, but maybe you know a better one?)
As I've said before, I think tinychat would be more convenient for everyone since there is no installation or creating any accounts required and you can have 12 people on camera at a time. Tinychat does have an attached chat room for typing as well. Though I recently learned that you can have up to 10 people on camera for skype. That might make it less laggy for people with weaker computers.

• What other ideas can you come up with to do during this online meet? (please be aware that activities should include everyone, also the people who prefer not to use a webcam)
The only thing I can think of at the moment might be a tamagotchi guessing game where someone would give a specific trait for any version or character as a hint and whoever guesses first gets to choose the next one.

• Is there anything else you think is not included/mentioned here that needs to be discussed?
I think someone responsible should be "in charge" of keeping things calm, mature, and safe for everyone. Whether it be an official tamatalk mod or just someone that everyone agrees has a good sense of right and wrong. I would prefer for a mod to be there but I know it's not in their job description to monitor things that happen outside of this site and they might just not want to deal with it (but dear mods, please do)

I'd love to participate. We spend so many hours 'text talking' daily, hearing and pehaps seeying each other would be amazing. :)

I think Skype is the best solution. Skype is factory installed on nearly everything: consoles, phones, computers, making it easy for everyone.

We could also have an email chat. Everyone has an email address and Gmail for example supports video, vocal and text chat.. but we'd have to trade our email addresses, some parents may not agree :/

I don't think we need 'someone mature' to babysit us while we talk. Nobody here is very mature, I totally face it, Tamagotchis are not a mature occupation, but we're not stupid and we won't go crazy.

I can't wait! Anyways I'm going to blush and be like ''Heyy urm eeer uuh..'' during all the meeting. :lol:

I'll do a full reply once I'm on my computer but...

This sounds awesome. Skype is great but unfortunately you have to pay for multiple webcam chats. Google hangouts is good but only if you have a google account. I think tinychat would work best. :)

I'd definitely participate either way.

EDIT: I'm not sure whether you have to pay for multiperson webcam chats on skype; could someone verify this?

Last edited by a moderator:
I'll do a full reply once I'm on my computer but...

This sounds awesome. Skype is great but unfortunately you have to pay for multiple webcam chats. Google hangouts is good but only if you have a google account. I think tinychat would work best. :)

I'd definitely participate either way.

EDIT: I'm not sure whether you have to pay for multiperson webcam chats on skype; could someone verify this?
It seems you are right https://www.skype.com/premium/?intcmp=CS-Upsell-FA3681-full-width

One person needs to have a premium account and if more than five people join in there is a fair use policy that limits the amount of video time.

Tiny Chat is looking more appealing now. I'll dive into the details of that.

edit: it seems Tiny Chat is also out of the question: https://tinychat.com/help.html

I am under 18- Can I use tinychat
Per the tinychat terms of use, minors are not allowed to be on tinychat.

Last edited by a moderator:
Would you like to do a online meet like this? (If not, please give a reason why that is constructive so we might be able to change things to suit everyone's preferences as much as possible ) Yes. I'd love to do this. It sounds like a lot of fun. My laptop has no webcam, but I might try and get my mom's laptop webcam working...hmm.

* What online chat platform would you prefer? (Skype and Tiny Chat have been mentioned, but maybe you know a better one?) I would like to be able to use Google Hangouts because I really do like the interface of it, but I realize that's not totally an option, as not everyone has a Google account here. (And using Hangouts does not require giving out your email address to the best of my knowledge; it just requires your G+ user profile.) But yeah, let's look into oovoo.

* What other ideas can you come up with to do during this online meet? (please be aware that activities should include everyone, also the people who prefer not to use a webcam) Um, I heard some other people saying quizzes and games. That would be pretty cool.

* Is there anything else you think is not included/mentioned here that needs to be discussed? I don't really think we need a mod (although it would be good to have one). People in the online meetup need to remember to be safe, smart, and nice to each other. BUT something that would be nice would be support for mobile devices, since, as I mentioned, my computer doesn't have a webcam (my iPod does, however).

This sounds fun, keep us all posted on this! I will more than likely have the time to participate, as the only obligation I have right now is weightlifting practice on Saturday mornings. I'll be sure to introduce whatever I'm raising if we're going to show our v-pets. The PrinceMamemon I'm raising on Digimon Unlimited and whatever I have on the Tamagotchi Angel L.i.f.e. app at that time definitely come to mind.

One idea I have would be to show our favorite non-Tamagotchi v-pets. It would definitely add some diversity to the whole discussion. I have one such v-pet in mind that some of you may not even be aware of. ;)

This sounds fun, keep us all posted on this! I will more than likely have the time to participate, as the only obligation I have right now is weightlifting practice on Saturday mornings. I'll be sure to introduce whatever I'm raising if we're going to show our v-pets. The PrinceMamemon I'm raising on Digimon Unlimited and whatever I have on the Tamagotchi Angel L.i.f.e. app at that time definitely come to mind.

One idea I have would be to show our favorite non-Tamagotchi v-pets. It would definitely add some diversity to the whole discussion. I have one such v-pet in mind that some of you may not even be aware of. ;)
That sounds interesting! We'll keep that in mind!

To recap what we have talked about so far:

- We are still struggling with a good medium for the chat. IMO oovoo looks the most feasable since Skype group video requires a paid account and Tiny Chat is not for people under 18 years old.

- We will need multiple times on the same day to facilitate the fact that not everyone can be online at the same time, I'm thinking 3 different times? Maybe 2?

- We sort of agree that there should be someone present at these moments to slightly monitor the chat. We atleast need 2 or three people who can set up the rooms

- The date should be on a weekend (or international holiday), preferably on a day that means something in the Tamagotchi world

So, can you guys give me some answers to these questions:

- Do we agree on oovoo as the medium for the chat or do you have a better one? Not being Skype, Tiny Chat or Google Hangouts?

- At what times during a weekend would you be able to join the chat (mention 2 times please and mention your timezone or country)

- Would you be able to slightly monitor a chat and set up a room?

- Which dates would you suggest that mean something to the Tamagotchi world and is on a weekend? (no more than 3 months from now please and mention 2 dates)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back