What kind of tama is this?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Binkie2010

Reaction score
Hello,

I just found this tama
$_85.JPG

What kind is this? And what is the value? I don't want to pay to much.

this is the original tamagotchi its called the p1 , they made these back in 1996-1997 so this little guy is about 17-18 years old lol.. these are fairly common but have been raising in price for some time now..that one is a lovely design

This is a P1. Its the first tamagotchi

Its not a fake :)

The price of a new P1 on eBay is generally of 40$

Last edited by a moderator:
Nah, they can be had way cheaper than that. The last P1 I bought new in unopened packaging was $10.

In europe prices are a little crazy, though. Used P1s in good condition often go for €10 to €16 here. Unopened ones are €20 to €50.

Thank you all for your comments.

If it's unpacked how much drops the value?

Sorry for the questions, but i'm a beginner

Thank you all for your comments.

If it's unpacked how much drops the value?

Sorry for the questions, but i'm a beginner
I recommend that you browse the ebay site for your own country or region and compare prices between unopened (New In Pack/NIP) and opened (loose) tamagotchis. This will give you the most realistic and up to date prices you can expect to pay.

Also you need to consider that some prices are very cheap because the tamagotchi might not be in good condition, scratched or paint chipped. There is the possibility that there could be some corrosion marks from the batteries if they are very old tamagotchis. All these things affect the price that can be paid for a tamagotchi.

Some people will pay very cheap prices because they don't mind if their tama is beaten up and scratched as long as it works. Others prefer to buy in better condition and so their idea of an "average" price would be different. ;)

Some of the prices quoted in these replies are from members who buy and sell within North America - Canada / USA - and the price they will pay on the north American ebay sites IS different to the prices you will see on ebay in Europe and also there are many more different choices of tama available to them because more tamas are bought and sold in the North American region ;)

If you live in Europe, you will get better prices if you buy from residents of your own country or nearby countries - if nothing else, because postage can add more to the cost to you if the packet is larger (still NIP for example) or has to be posted from another continent.

On the European auction sites there probably won't be such a wide range of tamagotchis to choose from and you will have to be more patient to get good deals. But nevertheless, good deals can be had, you just need to make sure your paypal account is all set up and ready to buy if you spot a good opportunity :)

Good Luck!

Last edited by a moderator:
If you live in Europe, you will get better prices if you buy from residents of your own country or nearby countries - if nothing else, because postage can add more to the cost to you if the packet is larger (still NIP for example) or has to be posted from another continent.
In my experience a cheap method of shipping (padded envelope) from another continent can make things surprisingly affordable. I've paid less than 5€ to have a (packaged)Tamagotchi shipped from the US to Germany. Shipping inside Germany is often over 5€.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back