Sign in to follow this  
MindlessInterest

DMPC - A Digimon Virtual Pet For Your Computer

For those of you who don't know, DMPC (Digimon PC) is a program that allows you to run a virtual pet in the form of a Digimon on your computer. It is reminiscent of the real Digimon virtual pets, though it isn't quite the same. Features include:

-Choosing a specific Digimon family to raise (ex. Deep Savers)

-Playing mini-games which also equal as training to raise your Digimon in specific ways that lead to different evolutions

-An online battle function that allows you to battle with other users over the internet via a Hamatchi server

-Care taking features such as feeding and cleaning after it

-And in DMPC Pro, a coliseum mode that serves as sort of an in-game battle function (it isn't that great honestly .-.)

So, the reason I am posting about this program is because the number of people who are using the program are fading away. Not many people are still interested in virtual pets, or Digimon for that matter. I am hoping that by posting here, more users will start to use the program and enjoy playing it. I would post links to sites where you could look for information, find downloads to the programs and such, but I don't want to unintentionally advertise and end up getting this topic deleted (it happened on another forum I posted on unfortunately..). So, if you want more info on this virtual pet, you can do a Google search, PM me, or something. There are many YouTube videos that show off the game as well.

Now that that is all out of the way, are any of you using DMPC currently? Or are any of you interested in playing it?

EDIT: Here are a few things to take note of:

-DMPC Pro is the latest version, but not as stable as 3.1.3-3
-The bugs that DMPC Pro has include the new Mood system, that isn't in 3.1.3-3, doesn't work very well, and there are some unknown errors that come up from time to time that cause the program to malfunction. This malfunction can sometimes be cause to download a new program unfortunately. However, you Digimon will be safe as they are saved in special .dpmc files automatically every 5 seconds that can be opened with any DMPC program (depending on if you used 3.1.3-3 or Pro, I am not sure if backwards compatibility is a thing).

-DMPC Pro has more Digimon than 3.1.3-3.

-You can customize the color of the outer shell of your DMPC 3.1.3-3, but not Pro.

Also, here are some pictures. The first two are from DMPC Pro, and the others are DMPC 3.1.3-3

GriYr.png2012-05-30_185115.png23006720566768936291145.jpgtumblr_mjlpiuY8mB1qicepfo1_250.png

Edited by MindlessInterest
  • Like 2

Sounds cool! I'll be sure to look for it and download it :) I've never tried a Digimon virtual pet before

Sounds cool! I'll be sure to look for it and download it :) I've never tried a Digimon virtual pet before

Great! I am glad that it caught your interest ^_^

*eye shift*

I won't bite you if you link to some info about dis. Lol.

(not a digi nut... Nope... Very yup)

Sounds awesome! I love digimon and the digimon virtual pets. :D

*eye shift*

I won't bite you if you link to some info about dis. Lol.

(not a digi nut... Nope... Very yup)

The little Sunmon in my signature links you to a forum I made recently, I added sitckies on the site for all your DMPC info cravings ;) You can also type in on Google "dmpc wix" and the first link is a DMPC site that has a bunch of info on DMPC. I think the download links are broken though .-.

Sounds awesome! I love digimon and the digimon virtual pets. :D

Digimon and virtual pets are definitely awesome! I hope you enjoy the game as much as I do~

Wow, that sounds promising! :D

I just downloaded it (here), can't wait to playy *=*

Wow, that sounds promising! :D

I just downloaded it (here), can't wait to playy *=*

I hope you enjoy using it ^_^

Also, just a note, DMPC Pro is the latest version. It has a few more bugs than 3.1.3-3, but it has more functions and I believe more characters. The only problems with Pro is that the Mood system that was implemented does not work very well, and there are some unknown errors that cause the game to crash at times. Sometimes the program will fix itself, but other times you might have to redownload the program. Your Digimon will be saved though, they are autosaved every 5 seconds and can be replayed on the respective DMPC program you used to play it. I don't think you can use 3.1.3-3 files on Pro though.

I will edit this to the first post as it is useful info~

This looks totally awesome! Always wanted A Digivice but never had one. Looking forward to this!

*bookmarks this page*

Glad someone bought this game up here! Last time I made a run with this game, I got to Rookie / Child and that's pretty much it. :P I need to put as much effort here as I do in Digimon Unlimited - I like that the Pro version actually has Xros Wars Digimon. :)

Glad someone bought this game up here! Last time I made a run with this game, I got to Rookie / Child and that's pretty much it. :P I need to put as much effort here as I do in Digimon Unlimited - I like that the Pro version actually has Xros Wars Digimon. :)

I think the farthest I got was Champion. I stopped playing after that, but now I want to continue using the game again. I have a Rookie as of now. The Xros Wars Digimon are pretty cool ^_^

This looks totally awesome! Always wanted A Digivice but never had one. Looking forward to this!

*bookmarks this page*

I am glad that you like it :D

Here is the new version official development website: http://officialdmpc.blogspot.fr/

There is also an official Facebook group with update news, and some battling groups.

The latest playable versions for now are DMPC 3.1.3, with Xross option, and DMPC Pro 1.0.3 (different lines than 3.1.0, no Xross allowed, Armor evolutions).

The next one (currently in devlopment) will include its own connection system, some mini-games etc... and be released on PC and cellular phones.

If anyone wants to battle my digimon (a Devimon), I own three Hamachi rooms:

Name: Pass:

DMPC France fre

230-648-062 fre

239-988-082 fre

• Like 1

Great!! I thought that guy stopped developing his project so I didn't check anymore: thanks for telling us ;)

So the new update for this game will be coming to computers as well as Android and iOS? That's plain awesome. I will be playing this one on my Nexus 7 for sure. Thanks for letting everyone know! :)

This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By kimcherries
      I remember owning a penguin virtual pet around 10 years ago, but I have no clue what it's called and have had zero success finding it online. It was white and the shape of an igloo, I believe about 4 inches long. It had a fairly large screen and a few buttons below the screen (I think there were 4 or 5?) I'd love to know if anyone owns one of these or knows what I'm referencing! I don't have a photo of it unfortunately. 
    • By Haruspexx
      So, back in 1998 or 1999, my mother had gotten me this virtual pet from Avon - I know nothing about it, besides what it looks like [sadly I don't know where it is at the moment, so I can't take a reference image].

It was blue and green, round, and came on a rubber wrist strap, that made it look like a chunky watch made to resemble the earth at first glance.
      I don't remember much about it, besides the fact that it could evolve either into a T-Rex or a Pterodactyl, and the discipline option was particularly disturbing to me as a child, because it showed a person shouting and shaking a wand of some sort at the dinosaur xD.

I know this isn't a lot to go off of, but has anyone else ever encountered one?
      I've done some googling and couldn't find a trace of this particular virtual pet anywhere online, although there are so many in existence that I'm not terribly surprised.
    • By Penguin-keeper
      Much like The Works did in December of 2017, the UK discount chain Poundland is currently selling cheap virtual pets. However, unlike the ones sold by The Works, which cost £3 or £4 at the time (before later being reduced to £2), the Poundland ones are, of course, cheaper!

This is the first time that I'm aware of that it's been possible to walk into a mainstream British retail store and buy a virtual pet for £1.

They're marketed as Digi Pets (and, in French, Animaux Pixellisés), and are distributed by a company called Keycraft Global. The packaging indicates that these are a 2018 release for this company.

Naturally, the software used on this virtual pet is the oh-so-common 168-in-1 program that's commonly found on counterfeit Tamagotchis.

However, as you can see, this virtual pet isn't trying to fool anyone into thinking that it's a Tamagotchi, so it's not a fake itself. The packaging carries fanciful pictures of generic-looking pixel animals along with the name Digi Pets/Animaux Pixellisés, and the generic heart-shaped shell carries similar pictures along with the name "Jia Yuan", making it clear that it's just a cheap, generic virtual pet.

I actually already have a penguin-shaped 168-in-1 virtual pet, which I've written about before. However, because of the pictures on the Digi Pets packaging, and because the packaging doesn't state that it's a 168-in-1 pet (or claim any number of pets at all), I took a chance on it to see if it has any changes from the usual 168-in-1 software.

Whilst the software is largely the same in what it offers, this virtual pet uses a slightly different revision of it to the one that I reviewed before, which was a nice surprise for the gamble of £1! These are the differences that I've found so far with this version;

1: The pet sometimes gets sick, which doesn't seem to happen on my penguin-shaped 168-in-1 pet.

2: Weight-loss works correctly when your pet takes part in activities that should cause them to lose weight, such as games and work.

3: It doesn't poop as much, though it does still sometimes do so several times in a row, calling you again immediately after you've cleaned up the previous poop.

4: The display stays on for much longer, meaning that the unit doesn't go into sleep-mode every few minutes. This means that the pet is active and able to call for your attention for longer periods of time (something that it cannot do when it goes into sleep-mode).

5: It appears to actually keep time - and fairly well, at that. The penguin-shaped version that I have forgets what time it is after a little while, but this one doesn't seem to have done so yet.

I haven't found any more differences yet, but these changes alone make this version a little bit more fun than the 168-in-1 pet that was already in my collection.

The other main difference is outside of the software, though - the casing, and the printing/painting on it, is a bit better-made than my penguin-shaped one (which, ironically enough, cost me £3, so it was £2 more expensive than this one).

As I said back when I reviewed the penguin-shaped version last December, I find these cheap generic virtual pets to be fun for what they are - a weird, non-complex virtual pet that you can buy for pocket-change. I still feel the same way. These are never going to compete with a Tamagotchi, but they're clearly not supposed to - they're just a random oddity.

Still, if any British collectors around here want to add a strange little virtual pet to their collection, Poundland is the place to go right now! These do seem to be the first-ever £1 virtual pets to be sold by a big national chain, after all!
    • By Birbplant
      Hi! New here (I might make an introduction post later).
      I've been trying to ID an old Virtual pet and thought someone here might be able to shed some light.

When I was a kid I was given a Dinosaur virtual pet. I remember the shell being red. I seem to remember it being chunky like a dinky dino, only when I looked into info in the Dinkie Dino it seems like it wasn't the same. I remember my dino would change into different things depending on how you cared for it, like a Pteranodon or a Sauropod (whose sprite was so big you could only see its neck and head) and I don't think Dinkie Dino has those kinds of evolutions so I wonder if maybe I had something different? It would be interesting to know if other people had this vpet.
    • By QueenRita
      Hey, I can't tell if this is a real Dinkie Dino or not? The seller SAYS they were never released and they were given as arcade prizes but like- it's got the digimon like- rectangle casing? Not even the normal Dinkie casing?

Here it is and an image for the sake of, if it gets taken down or whatever so others can see it in the future I guess (I see a lot of posts where ppl have linked eBay listings and theyre taken down so I can't tell if what I'm looking at is a fake or not)

The seller also has a variety of other colors too. Is it- real? I don't... I mean the PACKAGING looks legit but I don't, know much when it comes to this stuff so...

Anyone know if it's legit and what it is compared to a normal Dinkie Dino?
    • By Porg
      Hi everyone!

Its that time again! Time for Porg to make yet *another* thread asking for help. I’m so sorry about this guys, I am convinced that this site is going to be covered in threads made by only me before long. *Facepalm*

Right! Onto the issue- I am basically looking for answers as to whether or not this particular virtual pet is salvageable or not. The pet in question is my Super-Sized Super Gyaoppi. I’ve been very eager to play with this again, especially as when I received it, it was right at the end of my initial run, before life got busy. I haven’t opened it up before now and oh my goodness… I wish I had!

The back of the case was stained with a weird deep chestnut brown colour- which thankfully came off very easily. Much to my horror, that same deep brown stuff was inside on the battery terminal- mostly on one side. I’ve been scrubbing at it with white vinegar and rubbing alcohol- and I’ve managed to get quite a lot off, yet not all of it- given its on the spring coil and behind it and I don’t want to ruin anything. I have no idea what this brown stuff is- I assumed battery corrosion or rust at first. I’m assuming it is not rust, given when I scrub it off, the contacts are silver underneath.

After scrubbing at it to a point where I was willing to try some batteries, I popped them in and to my delight it beeped. Success! Or so I thought. Upon turning it over, the screen appears to have pixels missing and is pretty much unusable because of it. Buttons and sound are good, however.

Now, whilst scrubbing at my pet, I felt the case creek a little- so I am wondering two things- the first of which is, is this pet salvageable? And if so…. What can I do to save it?

The fading I will just have to put up with, as I am assuming this is due to age, yet the missing pixels are another story. Is it possibly caused by the remaining stuff left on the battery component? Or is it something to do with the screws holding the pet together (in which case, should I tighten them or open it up? I haven’t done so yet, as the screws are hidden in incredibly deep holes in the back). Is there something I can do internally to solve this- or is it simply down to the battery area (I am assuming not, given the sound works and it does turn on now). Or is it simply that this Virtual Pet is… Well… Sadly done for?

Any advise would be fantastic and very much appreciated. I am a worrier by nature and I am gutted to see that a pet I was looking forward to playing with isn’t working as desired- especially not as I have had issues with several pets I have booted up recently. I am really hoping that this is simply down to something as simple as tightening the screws…

Thank you in advance and sorry again for posting so many ‘help’ topics! I’ve posted pictures below of what the screen looks like and I have tried to take a photo of the brown side of the battery area. Unfortunately it doesn’t look brown on my camera, but it was hard to get it in the right angle to take a photo. You can see where I have cleaned it and removed some of the offending substance.