Tamagotchi MMO - A work in progress

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

TamaLove754

TamaTalk Supporter
TamaTalk Angelgotchi
Reaction score
I’m posting today about a project that has been in the works for a while now, and it’s finally to the stage where it is starting to near completion for a demo. After Music City got shut down, I was hoping that Bandi would quickly release something similar, but since there wasn’t any sign of any such thing at the time, I decided to make matter into my own hands, and so started the progress of Tamagotchi MMO (Name in progress)!

So you may be asking, “What is Tamagotchi MMO going to be, and how will it be like music city?”, well I decided to take inspiration from Music City, Club Penguin, and some classic RPG games to make the experience all the more lasting! Some features that are already implemented (Or are in the process of being added) include:

-A large and ever-expanding world to explore

-An actual chat box (Like Club Penguin, not the pre listed phrases of Music City)

-A wide range of RPG inspired items, ranging from alchemy ingredients, to treasures, to weapons and armor, to magical items, and much much more!

-Real time combat system

-Ability to make personalized accounts and characters

-A wide range of different classes to change how you play (Such as Mage, Tank, Supporter, Ninja, ext)

-Item trade system between players

-Certain characters will give natural boosts on fitting classes (Mametchi would make a great make, but not quite as good a Ninja or Hero)

-Ability to interact with the environment around you (Is there an unwanted tree in your yard? Just chop it down with a Woodcutter Axe. Do you find the main path through a cave too mainstream? No problem, just pick up a pickaxe, and dig a new tunnel!)

-And much much more!

My biggest needs to continue development include spriters for characters, beta testers, concept developers (Suggesting ideas and thoughts), and overall just general census if this project would really be desirable by the community.

In short, my first question would be is there a desire for this project, and would anyone be willing to lend a hand with development?

Wow, this sounds great! I don't think I can help in any way that would be useful to you. Being a beta tester sounds fun if you really need some! I'll be looking forward to the final product, and let me know if there's anything I could do that would actually be of some use!

Do you need any help with music? I'd be able to help you with that.

that sounds awesome! I could beta-test, but im not sure if i'd be much help other than that! This sounds great though!

I'd LOVE to be a beta tester for this! I could also probably help a little with concept developing. I was actually a concept developer (and helped a little with graphics) for 2 different MMOs that never launched lol

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you for all the support everyone, I'm glad you all like the idea! Since I've so far been working on this as a one-man team (and especially seeing as it took tens of thousands of lines of code to get the project where it is now), any and all help is highly appreciated, be it beta testing, concept and design, music, or even just suggestions of things you would like to see added to the project!

Wow, this sounds great! I don't think I can help in any way that would be useful to you. Being a beta tester sounds fun if you really need some! I'll be looking forward to the final product, and let me know if there's anything I could do that would actually be of some use!
It may not sound like it at first, but beta testing is probably one of the most important things that someone could do for a project of this sort, It's the beta testers that find most the errors, bugs, glitches, and general oversights of the developers. On top of that, the more testers available the better, especially when it comes to stress-testing the server's limitations.

Do you need any help with music? I'd be able to help you with that.
I completely forgot the mention that in the OP, thanks for reminding me! For that matter, having someone working of custom tracks for the game would be a great asset towards the game's development. You don't happen to have any custom music uploaded that I could take a listen to, so I could get an idea of your composing style?

that sounds awesome! I could beta-test, but im not sure if i'd be much help other than that! This sounds great though!
Glad to hear your on board! I was going to organize all quotes involving beta testing together, but my computer is being upity, so refer to what I said above about beta testing.

I'd LOVE to be a beta tester for this! I could also probably help a little with concept developing. I was actually a concept developer (and helped a little with graphics) for 2 different MMOs that never launched lol
I'm glad to see your enthusiasm! I'm a little low on time tonight, but tomorrow I'll get up a basic runthough of what I have in the game already made, so we can go over concept ideas then. For that matter, I'll get up a list of some basic sprites that are needed as well if you are interested.

I definitely want to participate in the building! My dad's teaching me programming so once I get better I really want to help :D
I'm glad to hear your getting into programming! The game is currently using RGSS2 (Ruby programming language) if that is of any help to you. Even if that isn't quite the programming language you are learning, I'm sure there is plenty that your experience could help with regarding the game!

Don't feel like quoting that whole post, so i'll add this one in response. I can upload a couple of songs I've worked on to soundcloud tomorrow, that way you have a general taste of my composing style. What type of music did you want anyways?

i could also help come up with ideas, i'm full of them! I play alot of MMO's and RPG's and the sort, so i know quite a bit! i'd like to think so, anyway. hehe. uvu

This sounds fun! I don't really know how to do graphics and sounds, but I could give suggestions and maybe beta - test it. Now that I think about it, there is a game similar to your concept called Iruna. It's a mmorpg app that you could check for inspiration. So if you let me, I can Beta test and be a concept developer. I think this would be a good idea, as long as it stays, you know,even vaguely connected to tamagotchi.

A Tamagotchi MMO would be really awesome. Ragnarok Online is the first MMO I've ever played. Have you thought about how many classes you would have? Would there be advanced classes when your character has leveled up to a certain point? I really like how the RO class system is structured.

I can't help with programming side, but I'm a post-graduate graphic designer. I can offer creative advice and maybe help with the logo and branding of the MMO if you want. :)

I hope that servers wouldnt be a problem?

Thank you for all the support everyone, I'm glad you all like the idea! Since I've so far been working on this as a one-man team (and especially seeing as it took tens of thousands of lines of code to get the project where it is now), any and all help is highly appreciated, be it beta testing, concept and design, music, or even just suggestions of things you would like to see added to the project!

It may not sound like it at first, but beta testing is probably one of the most important things that someone could do for a project of this sort, It's the beta testers that find most the errors, bugs, glitches, and general oversights of the developers. On top of that, the more testers available the better, especially when it comes to stress-testing the server's limitations.

I completely forgot the mention that in the OP, thanks for reminding me! For that matter, having someone working of custom tracks for the game would be a great asset towards the game's development. You don't happen to have any custom music uploaded that I could take a listen to, so I could get an idea of your composing style?

Glad to hear your on board! I was going to organize all quotes involving beta testing together, but my computer is being upity, so refer to what I said above about beta testing.

I'm glad to see your enthusiasm! I'm a little low on time tonight, but tomorrow I'll get up a basic runthough of what I have in the game already made, so we can go over concept ideas then. For that matter, I'll get up a list of some basic sprites that are needed as well if you are interested.

I'm glad to hear your getting into programming! The game is currently using RGSS2 (Ruby programming language) if that is of any help to you. Even if that isn't quite the programming language you are learning, I'm sure there is plenty that your experience could help with regarding the game!
In that case, I'd love to be a beta tester if you're still looking for some!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back