Star Day!!!

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tamagod

Reaction score
Today must be Star Day, not yesterday. My Ichigotchi was staring is staring at the stars right now. It looks so cool. I wish I had my Digital Cam to show you all that haven't seen it. I don't think the Connexions have Star Day. You should though. It's pretty cool! :rolleyes:

Neithers mine :D sorry i just wanted 2 do da face :D

:D <_< <_<

wots da diference betwen a tama plus a tama conections and a tama conecxions
tamagotchi plus is for Japan market

tamagotchi connexions is for the UK and Australia

tamagotchi connections is for the USA (not out yet in the US)

yeh a tama...wot eva ya sed sommet like dat.

I have no idea if the tamaplus is betta.

beta? as in an early test version? No. They wer ejust released in Japan before everywhere else.

ooooooooooooooo! lolz....i dunno...i only got a tama coz i sed i want da tamas 2 come out agen den i saw da advert (commercial 4 americans and dat 2 know) later dat day and sed YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!!!

me neither...well i neva got nething i just sed in da brackets...u mite not get it when i say da and den or sommet...just da way i type but when i speak its normal lolz.

2 things to mention: 1) Star Day IS July 7th. The legend says that the lovers meet on the 7th day of the 7th month. You sure the time on your Tama is correct?

2) Something coincidental, on .hack//Tasogare no Udewa Densetsu tonight, there was a Tanabata-themed episode. I just found it funny since Tanabata was a few days ago. I'm sorry I missed the festival, though; I can never remember important dates.

Just outta curiousity, what is Star Day all about? It sounds cool to me...
Star Day: "Tanabata," "The Star Festival," "The Weaver Festival." Tanabata is a festival that celebrates the constellations Vega and Altair, who, at the time of the year, are close to each other. The legend says that the celestial god had a daughter ("Ori Hime" ---> Vega) who could weave beautifully. She wove the appearance of the skies for the seasons and changes of daytime. One day she went to earth and met a shepherd ("Kengyuu"---> Altair), and they fell in love. Ori Hime decided to stay on earth and marry the shepherd (leaving her celestial duties). When her father learned of his daughter's marriage, he had her returned to the heavens, but she was so sad that she cried and refused to weave for her father. Her father told her that on the seventh day of the seventh month, she could return to earth for that day to visit her husband and children. The festival is highly celebrated in Japan (usually with many decorations and parades), and one tradition is to write a wish on a slip of paper and hang it from a bamboo branch, and your wish will come true. Hope that answers your question.

^^^ Oops, looking for more information on Tanabata, I read that it is hardly observed anymore... I guess maybe I was thinking of a different holiday... (though I'm sure I read somewhere that they have parades on Tanabata... maybe that's what they used to do?).

Sorry, Tamagod, for flooding your thread, but I found some contradictory info.

From the website for the annual Tanabata festival:

In Japan, typical Tanabata festivals are held annually here in Hiratsuka and in Sendai.

Especially, the Tanabata festival in Hiratsuka is large-scale event and was held in 2004 attended by 3,700,000 visitors from the whole country during 5 days from July 1 through 5.

If it's not often observed... then why is there an annual event for it, and why so many people...? Hmm... :D

betta? as in an early test version? No. They wer ejust released in Japan before everywhere else.
admin-betta means better.

it's slang.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back